Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 12:56 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,036,872 times

Advertisements

So, every day, six days a week, this is what happens. Artie hears the mail truck when it's two or three houses away. And then chaos ensues, EVERY SINGLE DAY (except Sunday and holidays... thank God for holidays):

The mail is here!!!!! - YouTube

(Sorry that it's sideways.)

The furry kid goes nuts for mail. NUTS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2011, 01:30 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,862,283 times
lol...my house is much the same, only its much more rapid and theres 2 of them ammouncing.
as a side note, whatever artie was saying, Jasper felt the need to answer him and Dozer felt the need to hide under the chair...which is his responce when jasper and ruby announce mail call too...i can only imagine given that that 1: dog language is is universal, 2: dogs dislike of the postal delivery service is universal, and 3: whatever they yell at the poor person deliving the mail is not friendly or nice and prompts those a tad less confident to RUN AWAY!!!! lol.

Old 12-30-2011, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxywench View Post
lol...my house is much the same, only its much more rapid and theres 2 of them ammouncing.
as a side note, whatever artie was saying, Jasper felt the need to answer him and Dozer felt the need to hide under the chair...which is his responce when jasper and ruby announce mail call too...i can only imagine given that that 1: dog language is is universal, 2: dogs dislike of the postal delivery service is universal, and 3: whatever they yell at the poor person deliving the mail is not friendly or nice and prompts those a tad less confident to RUN AWAY!!!! lol.
HAHAHAHAHA!!!

Hi, Jasper!

After "the mail event" (as I like to call it), Artie laid on his futon in my office and promptly fell asleep. I played the video four or five or six times. He didn't open his eyes or move a muscle. Nothing. His own barks don't seem to annoy him. But right after I played the video the last time, what happened? UPS arrived. BAHAHAHAHAHA! Madness! Especially because the UPS dude always rings the doorbell before he goes back to his truck. Oy.

Old 12-30-2011, 02:37 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,431,350 times
Too funny!!! I've got it here too, but times nineteen right now!

Old 12-30-2011, 03:03 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,366,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DandJ View Post
So, every day, six days a week, this is what happens. Artie hears the mail truck when it's two or three houses away. And then chaos ensues, EVERY SINGLE DAY (except Sunday and holidays... thank God for holidays):

(Sorry that it's sideways.)
That's OK I don't mind a crik in my neck

The furry kid goes nuts for mail. NUTS.
The Odinator woke up to Artie's "call of the wild" and was bouncing around the house looking for the dog and the intruder.

I generally don't have that problem as my mailbox is over 500 feet from my house...read that hike to pick up the mail.

Old 12-30-2011, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
Too funny!!! I've got it here too, but times nineteen right now!
I would love that! Not really, but I would love snuggles x 19.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
The Odinator woke up to Artie's "call of the wild" and was bouncing around the house looking for the dog and the intruder.

I generally don't have that problem as my mailbox is over 500 feet from my house...read that hike to pick up the mail.
HAHAHAHA!!!! Sorry, Odie!!!!

I wouldn't mind the hike if I could avoid the bark.

PS. And I'm sorry about the crick!!!

Old 12-30-2011, 04:01 PM

2,695 posts, read 3,402,005 times
mine goes crazy only with ups/fedex.

mailman does not come to my door though, if he did
I am sure it would be mayhem.

you could train Artie to come running to you for a treat the minute he sees the mailman. I had
to train my dog to do this because the male feral cat really, really likes
to walk past our windows, with his middle finger in the air! nothing scares that cat!
my window blinds are looking a little worn.

Old 12-30-2011, 04:24 PM

1,457 posts, read 4,055,578 times
I didn't dare turn on the volume on my computer while watching Artie as I don't want to listen to my kiddos bark. Mine don't bark at our mail carrier, they usually just run the fence line if they're outside. Myy boy goes bonkers when he here's the UPS truck like he's going to murder him. He can hear him on the next street over and he knows it's UPS, and they don't even stop here.

Old 12-30-2011, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movedtothecoast View Post
mine goes crazy only with ups/fedex.

mailman does not come to my door though, if he did
I am sure it would be mayhem.

you could train Artie to come running to you for a treat the minute he sees the mailman. I had
to train my dog to do this because the male feral cat really, really likes
to walk past our windows, with his middle finger in the air! nothing scares that cat!
my window blinds are looking a little worn.
He's a man possessed. He could be doing his most favorite thing in the world -- napping with me under the blankets -- but when he hears the mail truck, it's GO TIME!

If he were food-motivated, I'd stand a better chance training him at a bunch of things. It's really hard to train him with promises of a nap with the doting lady.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flkingfan View Post
I didn't dare turn on the volume on my computer while watching Artie as I don't want to listen to my kiddos bark. Mine don't bark at our mail carrier, they usually just run the fence line if they're outside. Myy boy goes bonkers when he here's the UPS truck like he's going to murder him. He can hear him on the next street over and he knows it's UPS, and they don't even stop here.
HAHA! Yeah, smart move on the volume control. Isn't it funny how they know one car or truck from the next. Artie knows it's the mail truck every time, from 2 or 3 houses down. It freaks me out, really.

Old 12-30-2011, 07:32 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,707,101 times
Haha I'm going to have to video Brutus and the mail delivery. Exactly the same.

Brutus just went into a barking frenzy listening to Artie barking.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs