Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2012, 09:47 AM

9,352 posts, read 20,032,749 times

Advertisements

as told to me by my housemate.....

Saturday afternoon, Roxie was in the family room chewing on a bone that OF COURSE, Dave wanted.... never mind the many many other bones laying around the house.... the bone Roxie had was the PERFECT bone.... he tried staring at her, he tried distracting her, he tried getting her to play so he could steal it.... NOTHING worked.....

So, he asked the housemate to be let out to the backyard, knowing Roxie would follow him.... no sooner did he get her to the far end of the yard and now interested in whatever she found out there, he BOLTED back into the house, snagged the bone on the fly and ran back to my bedroom to happily chew on his prize.....

we watched him one time when he found a bone Bailey had buried in the back yard.... She is protective about her stash and will chase him off when he gets too close..... this time, he made himself appear to be just aimlessly and innocently wandering around that area of the yard until Bailey turned around and headed back into the house.... the SECOND she was back up on the deck, he POUNCED on her bone and again bolted back to the bedroom with it.....

they are a HOOT to watch and are endlessly entertaining.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2012, 10:15 AM

17,330 posts, read 33,036,872 times
Hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's those quiet ones that you've got to watch out for, I guess.

Old 03-05-2012, 10:15 AM

653 posts, read 946,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
as told to me by my housemate.....

Saturday afternoon, Roxie was in the family room chewing on a bone that OF COURSE, Dave wanted.... never mind the many many other bones laying around the house.... the bone Roxie had was the PERFECT bone.... he tried staring at her, he tried distracting her, he tried getting her to play so he could steal it.... NOTHING worked.....

So, he asked the housemate to be let out to the backyard, knowing Roxie would follow him.... no sooner did he get her to the far end of the yard and now interested in whatever she found out there, he BOLTED back into the house, snagged the bone on the fly and ran back to my bedroom to happily chew on his prize.....

we watched him one time when he found a bone Bailey had buried in the back yard.... She is protective about her stash and will chase him off when he gets too close..... this time, he made himself appear to be just aimlessly and innocently wandering around that area of the yard until Bailey turned around and headed back into the house.... the SECOND she was back up on the deck, he POUNCED on her bone and again bolted back to the bedroom with it.....

they are a HOOT to watch and are endlessly entertaining.......
OMG, my boy pulls that sneaky trick on my girl all the time!

He always wants the toy she has. Always. If she gives it up and takes another, then he wants that one too.

Another trick he pulls on her to get the toy: she'll be happily squeaking away with her squeaky toy, he'll sit next to her and gingerly lick her face as if he's kissing her, she'll stop squeaking to enjoy the affection, then he nabs the toy and bolts!

That's okay. She caught on and now pulls the same trick on him. lol

Old 03-05-2012, 12:01 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,590,447 times
Way to do Dave!

I like it even better when one dog has a toy or bone that the other decides is the one he wants so he picks up another toy/bone and proceeds to looks like he is having fun with it until the first dog drops the prize the 2nd then gets the prize but 1st dog now appears to be having fun with the new object so the 2nd dog drops the prize and looks at 1st dog like hey wait a minute I have the good object or do I?

Old 03-05-2012, 12:02 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,427,629 times
And they say dogs don't "think"! Then how do you account for these devious plans they come up with?

Old 03-05-2012, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
Way to do Dave!

I like it even better when one dog has a toy or bone that the other decides is the one he wants so he picks up another toy/bone and proceeds to looks like he is having fun with it until the first dog drops the prize the 2nd then gets the prize but 1st dog now appears to be having fun with the new object so the 2nd dog drops the prize and looks at 1st dog like hey wait a minute I have the good object or do I?
lol Right?! I love watching their little puppy brains hard at work. Like when my boy contemplates so hard about where he's going to hide his favorite bone so his sister won't find it:

Behind the sofa.
Walks away.
Walks back.
Under the sofa.
Nope.
Dining room?
Hm, on top the chair.
Walks away.
Wait, hmm, behind the dresser!

If I didn't enjoy watching this so much, I'd scoop him up for the biggest hug of his life because it's too precious for words.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dclamb3 View Post
lol Right?! I love watching their little puppy brains hard at work. Like when my boy contemplates so hard about where he's going to hide his favorite bone so his sister won't find it:

Behind the sofa.
Walks away.
Walks back.
Under the sofa.
Nope.
Dining room?
Hm, on top the chair.
Walks away.
Wait, hmm, behind the dresser!

If I didn't enjoy watching this so much, I'd scoop him up for the biggest hug of his life because it's too precious for words.

I like that action too and love the commercial I think it is for Travelers Insurance where the dog is having trouble knowing where to place his bone for safe keeping...to funny!

Old 03-05-2012, 12:25 PM

Travelers Insurance dog commercial (very funny) - YouTube This is the link to the commercial!

Old 03-05-2012, 12:26 PM

36,499 posts, read 54,093,051 times
I think they get it from watching the kids.....
But if you don't have kids for them to emulate where does it come from? I guess it is just human/canine nature to want what the other guy has.

Old 03-05-2012, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashdog View Post
I like that action too and love the commercial I think it is for Travelers Insurance where the dog is having trouble knowing where to place his bone for safe keeping...to funny!
Hilarious you should say that. EVERY SINGLE TIME I see it, I laugh because it's SO my little Malibu. To a T.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs