Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2013, 11:24 PM

8,577 posts, read 10,997,949 times

Advertisements

Every morning I have my morning cup of coffee wile seated at my computer.
Bobby is laying on thr floor next to the chair.
As soon as I am finished, I walk over to the sink and place the cup there.
Meanwhile Bobby has gone into the bedroom, and by the time I get there, he is up on the bed, waiting for "tummy rub time".
I don't think his day would be complete without ten minutes of tummy rub.
It seems to put him in lala land.

Bob.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2013, 08:34 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,384,492 times
LOL...these stories are great (and I love that picture of Bobby waiting for his tummy massage)!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaRed View Post
Cookie, my almost 9-year-old "chikengese", has always loved peanut butter in her Kong. As she's gotten up there in age, she doesn't like to bother with manipulating the Kong anymore. She will sit and stare at the Kong, then stare at me, back and forth. She'll only go for it when I hold the Kong for her, like an ice cream cone. Yep, she's the spoiled one.
Oh, your dog has you very well trained, it seems.

Your Kong story reminded me of something I noticed my border collie doing last week. Every day before I head off to work I give Izzy his breakfast, along with a Kong filled with some wet dog food. One evening I was sitting in the living room watching tv and saw Izzy go over and pick up his Kong, which had been given to him earlier in the day with food in it. As I sat and watched, Izzy picked up the Kong, then placed it down again and picked it up by the small end. He then raised his head, held it there for a minute, and then dropped the Kong on the floor. A couple of small bits of the wet dog food - some that I guess he couldn't reach with his tongue - dropped out; he ate the morsels, then picked up the Kong again, raised his head, and dropped the Kong on the floor. More morsels dropped out, he ate them, picked up the Kong...etc. He did this for about 5 minutes, dropping the Kong on the floor and eating the little bits that fell out of it.

I thought that was pretty ingenious.

Old 03-11-2013, 09:54 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,117,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Sam had three balls, all the same from Petco. A red one, a yellow one, and a blue one. Same type of rubber. He ignored the blue and red balls. And only would play with the yellow one. Carried it around in his mouth all day, alternatively chewing it or playing with it. He would drop it at anyones feet...and make big "puppy eyes" to play.
That's because he had deuteraropic color blindness. He saw yellow the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Sad, when he got older, I would throw his ball across the living room, maybe 10 feet. He would look at me, and his ball, and make a big drama of "having to get up", sighing and shuffling, get his ball, and drop in a big huff. Then, he would "protect it", so I would not throw it again...
Awe!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-11-2013, 09:57 AM

25,853 posts, read 16,552,727 times
My dogs both act really weird in our basement. My older one will lick the carpet and the couch. And after I tell him to stop he goes under the couch and roots around under there until I finally get fed up and send him upstairs. The little one just barks at him when he's under the couch. When we are upstairs they are fine, they act like idiots in the basement. I don't get it!

Old 03-11-2013, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pammyd View Post
We have a brilliant Pit Bull we adopted/rescued about 7 years ago and she is so smart it scares us. Here are some of the strangest of behaviors:
1. When I say "Where's Daddy"...Daddy will be on the couch and she runs and looks out the front windows??
Too funny! She apparently thinks Daddy means looking out the window. I wonder what she thins his name is.

Quote:
2. We can't say ride, bye bye, car or anything else that pertains to going in the vehicles..she goes nuts. Spins in circles. I have to say 'Lets go get your collar" and she stops.
Mine does the same! He tries to stay as still as possible, but his feet are still dancing, like he can't contain himself!

Quote:
5. If I have gone out and have not taken her, she won't come when called and sits with her back turned towards me.
The shunning! Mine gives me the sideways evil eye sometimes for no apparent reason.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
My maltese does this too! She comes running as soon as she hears the water running! She wants me to set her on the side of the tub, so she can drink from the faucet, then she'll lay down on the tub's edge during my bath. And yes, she has fallen in a couple of times!
My peekapoo would purposely jump into the bathtub with me. She'd also walk into my parents' shower!

Meanwhile, my Labrador, a breed that is supposed to love water, wouldn't go outside if it was raining!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayanne View Post
Every now and then Lily will do something weird with her food bowl. If she doesn't want to eat her food right away, she'll get her blanket and tug on it with her mouth to place the blanket over her food. She'll tug and tug until she is satisfied that the food is sufficiently hidden!
Very creative! You know that she would be burying it in the yard if she had access to the outside!

Old 03-11-2013, 10:07 AM

25,853 posts, read 16,552,727 times
Once a week I take all the debit card receipts and enter them in the computer and figure out my checkbook balance and pay bills. My Cooper will lay by me while I'm doing this, but as soon as I gather up the receipts to send them through the shredder he is gone. He hates the sound of it. Tell me how smart dogs are.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennygracy View Post
My yorkiePoo taught my Hubby how to play while he watches TV Penny will put her long rope toy on his foot and bark at my Hubby to flick it in the air. Then she happily catches it & "kills it" (as I call it lol...this involves lots of head whipping). Then Penny puts it back on his foot to start all over. She invented this game herself. Silly pup!
Bless your husband for putting up with that!

Old 03-11-2013, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I have posted this before but, still it is the weirdest.

Our two labs were in a car......going though the auto-wash.

At the end.....they BOTH shook off as if they were wet.
That's wild! Did it only happen once or did they do it every time? Either way, it's fantastic!

I love how I can tell my dog to shake, by shaking my shoulders, and he'll shake himself.

Old 03-11-2013, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
Now her grand-daughter, the Jack Rat has a full wardrobe and will pick out what she wants to wear. If its really cold, we can tell her to get her jacket and she runs over to the basket and pulls her jacket out and runs back to us and throws it at us, takes a step backwards and stares at us. She lifts her legs to go into the arm holes and all.
That's cute. Does she only pick out things when you tell her what to get, or does she sometimes just pick something out because SHE wants to wear it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OwlKaMyst View Post
And like others have said- there are certain words that cannot be said or she will run to the door and spin in circles (cannot say or even spell the word 'go').
Mine has learned the spellings of any version of a word associated with food, dish, treat, biscuit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs