Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2014, 06:25 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,990,315 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSL_PWR View Post
Labs are hyper by nature until trained properly. They are active working dogs. Train one right and it will be the best dog you ever had. If by adopting you mean like barc or spca then good luck finding a pure breed lab. Most of those will be mixes.

If you want a 'real' lab then find a breeder and order a dog.

Stay away from anything pit..
+1. I live in Houston, and you can adopt a wonderful dog at the Houston Humane Society. They get purebreds in pretty frequently, but it's a crap-shoot as to what they will have at any time. P.A.L.S of Katy also has great dogs available for adoption. One breed that fits your requirements is my favorite breed, the Great Dane. They are the most awesome kids dogs and good watchdogs. They are also very calm and easy to train. They are also not as short lived as people think. Their lifespans have markedly increased over the years.

I've had them since I was 15 years old (I'm 37 now). I have two females, a 2 year old deaf female, Nilla Wafer, that I trained to hand signals, and a 4 year old harlequin female, Infinity, who has selective hearing just like my husband Some people dislike their size (I like their size). They are very big, so if you choose to get one, be aware that you are committing to a dog that can weigh over 130lbs+ as an adult. Infinity is the one of the left, and Nilla Wafer is on the right.
Attached Thumbnails
Dog Breed + Adoption Suggestion-infinity-puppy-pic.jpg   Dog Breed + Adoption Suggestion-blue-eyes.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs