Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2015, 01:43 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,692,068 times

Advertisements

Completely devastated.
I had her 14 years. She was such a good little dog, I'll miss her terribly. She was always so happy and content to just sit with you and chew a bone. A really loyal, loving dog.

This time last week I noticed she was panting a lot (more than usual). I just figured she was hot, as is often the case with dogs The panting would usually begin after walks. I always walked her in the evening hours as it's just too hot around here during the day and being that she was a teacup Yorkie, she was super tiny (and adorable)... God, I am sick just thinking about it.... and I noticed hours after the walk she would still be panting, so I took her to the vet this week.... And she was diagnosed with a pulmonary disease.... Her lungs were shot... she couldn't get enough oxygen in to breathe so her heart was working extra hard. I paid almost $3 grand to have her put in an oxygen tank in the hopes it would buy her more time. The doctor said by putting her in this oxygen tank and giving her 2 different kinds of meds there's a 50/50 shot she could improve and that would buy her another 4 to 6 months.

I dont know why, but I guess I just wanted anything for her to live, so I paid it and had the treatment done.... over the weekend I left her at the vet to be treated. I knew the end was near, but I thought maybe I could have a few good months left with her. Well, it turns out, no improvement and she was suffering.

I went in to see her one last time in the tank and when she saw me she tried to perk up for me and began to get excited, however she could barely stand up....as she was struggling so bad. It completely broke my heart seeing that. Literally gut wrenching to watch her struggle so much, but I knew I had to make the decision...so what choice did I have? I decided to put her down...... There was no option. I couldn't let her continue to struggle for air. I would have paid all the money I had to save her if I could.... ugh. I hate death so much. I wish she was still here today. One day she's alive the next she's gone. Now, I'm left to sit here... with no dog anymore. I dont even know what to do with myself im so sad.

She's now just a memory. I hate that. I hate that shes a memory now. It's just not as good as physically having her around. All her stuff remains here just as if she's still here, but she's not. It's hard to think that shes not coming back. All her toys...her two beds...her leashes, her bucket of bones and treats I keep...her water bowl and food bowl... damn. I'm gonna miss her.

I would give anything to walk her again or to kiss her on the head

, just wanted to vent.,
RIP Daisy. love you xoxox
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2015, 01:47 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,340,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimusPrime69 View Post
Completely devastated.
I had her 14 years. She was such a good little dog, I'll miss her terribly. She was always so happy and content to just sit with you and chew a bone. A really loyal, loving dog.

This time last week I noticed she was panting a lot (more than usual). I just figured she was hot, as is often the case with dogs The panting would usually begin after walks. I always walked her in the evening hours as it's just too hot around here during the day and being that she was a teacup Yorkie, she was super tiny (and adorable)... God, I am sick just thinking about it.... and I noticed hours after the walk she would still be panting, so I took her to the vet this week.... And she was diagnosed with a pulmonary disease.... Her lungs were shot... she couldn't get enough oxygen in to breathe so her heart was working extra hard. I paid almost $3 grand to have her put in an oxygen tank in the hopes it would buy her more time. The doctor said by putting her in this oxygen tank and giving her 2 different kinds of meds there's a 50/50 shot she could improve and that would buy her another 4 to 6 months.

I dont know why, but I guess I just wanted anything for her to live, so I paid it and had the treatment done.... over the weekend I left her at the vet to be treated. I knew the end was near, but I thought maybe I could have a few good months left with her. Well, it turns out, no improvement and she was suffering.

I went in to see her one last time in the tank and when she saw me she tried to perk up for me and began to get excited, however she could barely stand up....as she was struggling so bad. It completely broke my heart seeing that. Literally gut wrenching to watch her struggle so much, but I knew I had to make the decision...so what choice did I have? I decided to put her down...... There was no option. I couldn't let her continue to struggle for air. I would have paid all the money I had to save her if I could.... ugh. I hate death so much. I wish she was still here today. One day she's alive the next she's gone. Now, I'm left to sit here... with no dog anymore. I dont even know what to do with myself im so sad.

She's now just a memory. I hate that. I hate that shes a memory now. It's just not as good as physically having her around. All her stuff remains here just as if she's still here, but she's not. It's hard to think that shes not coming back. All her toys...her two beds...her leashes, her bucket of bones and treats I keep...her water bowl and food bowl... damn. I'm gonna miss her.

I would give anything to walk her again or to kiss her on the head

, just wanted to vent.,
RIP Daisy. love you xoxox
I am very sorry.

I know when they pass they take a piece of our hearts.

(((((((hugs)))))))

Old 09-07-2015, 01:47 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times
RIP Daisy.

I am so sorry for the loss of your baby and I know it is hard that she is now just a memory. Think of what a great memory she is to you, not just a memory. That means you truly loved her, and you always will. I imagine she certainly knew that.

Old 09-07-2015, 03:11 PM

14,375 posts, read 18,372,221 times
So sorry for your loss. But one can tell just by your post that she lived a very happy, long and love-filled life and that you did everything you could for her.

They die before us. If one asked me what flaws the canine species has, that would be my answer. In my opinion, they are the perfect creature, except for the fact that they will almost always shatter your heart at some point.

You did right by your dog, especially in your decision to let her go when nothing more was going to help her. I know it sucks right now because the pain is so fresh, but eventually you'll be able to focus on the 14 years that preceded losing her.

Hugs!

Old 09-07-2015, 04:30 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,120,097 times
I, too, am so sorry for your loss. I could post any one of many verses or feel good sayings in hopes of easing your grief but I know it's too soon. Remembering fourteen wonderful years with Daisy will one day be a blessing to you and will comfort you as well. I will post just this one...

"I have sometimes thought of the final cause of dogs having such short lives and I am quite satisfied it is in compassion to the human race; for if we suffer so much in losing a dog after an acquaintance of ten or twelve years, what would it be if they were to live double that time?"
Sir Walter Scott

There is no pain like the loss of a four footed family member. May you find some manner of peace knowing that she has found hers. Rest in peace Daisy.

Many hugs...

Old 09-07-2015, 04:32 PM

1,024 posts, read 1,277,737 times
Your story made me tear up... my condolences to you and anyone in your family who loved her.

It's extremely heartbreaking to see your pet doing well a week ago and then no more. You did your best, either you paid for the treatment or not.

Mourn. Cry. For days, if you must. Take time off to take care of yourself. There will be returning moments of severe sadness and pain, just as you think you are feeling stronger. Remember her for what she was for 14 years, not the last 14 minutes. Continue to live, love, laugh but she is never truly gone from your heart.

When your life is fulfilled, your friend will be waiting on the other side of the rainbow bridge.

Old 09-07-2015, 04:40 PM

454 posts, read 495,518 times
I'm so sorry for your loss

Old 09-07-2015, 05:22 PM

3,671 posts, read 3,556,355 times
when god made the earth and sky,
the flowers and the trees,
he then made all the animals,
the fish, the birds and bees.

and when at last he'd finished,
not one was quite the same,
god said
"i'll walk this earth of mine,
and give each one a name..."

and so he traveled far and wide,
and everywhere he went,
a little creature followed him,
until it's strength was spent

when all were named upon the earth
and in the sky and sea,

the little creature said dear lord,
there's not one left for me

kindly the father said to him,
i've left you to the end,
i've turned my own name back to front,
and call you DOG, my friend.

author unknown

so sorry for your loss.

Old 09-07-2015, 05:29 PM

5,390 posts, read 9,692,068 times
wow, thank you so much for your heart-felt replies.

I really do appreciate it. I didnt anticipate feeling so sad, but I know time will heal, at some point. For now, thank you all so much.

Old 09-07-2015, 06:25 PM

5,094 posts, read 12,587,684 times
Sorry for your loss sadly it is the price we pay for loving a dog. Give yourself time to grieve and do not let any one tell you how to do that as we all do it differently. Because our dogs are with us pretty much 24/7 when they are not there there is that huge void. Hopefully in time the memories will make you smile.When you do recall them if you are lucky you may feel as if your dog is beside you for the few minutes that you have the memory.

As others have said you did right by your dog and put her first and your own emotions second and that is not always an easy thing to do so you dog was lucky you were her person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs