Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 10:10 PM

32 posts, read 215,889 times

Advertisements

As a person with a lot of friend and family who are Marines, this sickens me. I have not seen this video, and I do not recommend anyone watching it. I read the transcript and that is enough.

WARNING ***Graphic Content
Marine base here investigating puppy abuse video - The Honolulu Advertiser

What can we do to make sure this doesn't happen again. Can we write anyone? I just want to take action!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 07:55 AM

1,587 posts, read 7,527,782 times
That video makes our soldiers look bad. Hope his CO kicks his a$$ then send back to states lock in brig for animal abuse and a dishonorable disharge after.
Just got to remember not all are like that and as story says many bring animals back home they rescue over there.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:11 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,433,152 times
I read this early this AM and decided to not post about it. Not only is it deplorable, I just felt we don't need any negative publicity directed toward our soldiers right now. However, I personally hope they fry his *ss. I've known many wonderful soldier in every branch of the military, family included. They've all been incredibly wonderful, kind people. SO very sad.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:16 AM

395 posts, read 1,364,094 times
I respect our troops and the great men and women who defend us. But I do not respect people like the ones who did this...
I reallllly hope this is one big hoax...I really do.

Old 03-04-2008, 09:43 AM

1,587 posts, read 7,527,782 times
Just lucky this was not one of my brothers troops as he would kicked (__!__) right there and then.

Old 03-04-2008, 05:25 PM

253 posts, read 1,053,986 times
I don't even want to look at this, didn't click on it and don't want to see it.
Its bad enough that we deal with animal abuse everyday, but I don't need to see pic's that may turn my stomach.
I think this is a bad post.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:51 PM

32 posts, read 215,889 times
Sorry...I didn't mean to offend anyone. Like I said, i've got family and friends who are marines...and they are our country's best! I just feel that if we ignore it justice wouldn't be done. It could easily be swept under the carpet. I did my best to not put any info in the post except for the link and a brief description. Bad post? I think ignoring this would be terrible. Dog fighting and abuse posts are fine...

peace

Old 03-04-2008, 07:19 PM

4,231 posts, read 15,426,651 times
I hope it's a hoax too -
Urban Legends Reference Pages: Marine Throws Puppy Off Cliff

Old 03-04-2008, 07:58 PM

673 posts, read 3,146,435 times
I cant even begin to watch it...I read the transcrip on foxnews.com and that was plenty enough. I swear that's why I could never be an animal cop...I'd never be able to handle my emotions...

God Bless our troops. If this video is indeed real, may those who did this horrible thing burn in hell forever. There's no excuse....

Old 03-04-2008, 08:12 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,015,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonster View Post

What can we do to make sure this doesn't happen again. Can we write anyone? I just want to take action!
Just make sure, when you're "taking action", that you focus on the proper parties. People up here have been going after the family members of this marine, both in person and over phone and internet. While there's no excuse for what he did (if, in fact, he did it), there's even less of an excuse for his family to be targeted.

(I'm not saying that you, personally, would...I'm just relaying what I've heard on the news. There will be extra police patrols around the family's house for the foreseeable future.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs