Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 02:10 PM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,162,101 times

Advertisements

I'm sorry Katie. Never ocurred to me that there could be such a very good reason for having to give him away. I'm glad you could find him another nice home.

Unfortunately, no. I don't know what else you could have done. I feel like an idiot now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2007, 02:51 PM

13,927 posts, read 39,302,018 times
Thats ok, how was you to know I am handicap..

Old 05-23-2007, 04:40 AM

75 posts, read 278,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpcats View Post
Yes! Clean up after him. That's all.

Mine sometimes walks all over the yard while he's at it. He's got a little corner with paper in the house in case he has an emergency run to make at night and I'm asleep and don't hear him jumping trying to wake me up. He usually cannot stay within the limits of the newspaper so, I clean it up afterwards. No big deal for me.

I am fortunate, mine poo's in her corner of the yard and the doberman poo's in her corner of the yard (yes, I own big and little).
Mini pins are hard headed little creatures and once they have a habit, very hard to break them of it.. mine insists the mail man should be barked at like he is breaking in the house. You would think that knowing what the mail man is doing every day- at the same time- would eventually become routine and the dog would stop barking, but no.. she waits for that moment.. she barks.. has her hissy fit.. her day is complete.

Old 05-23-2007, 07:23 AM

Location: Lots of sun and palm trees with occasional hurricane :)
8,293 posts, read 16,162,101 times
LOL Chaos. Mine used to be a quiet little (albeit FAT) thing. I "adopted" him when he was one year old from a lady who could not keep him anymore. He'll be 4 y.o. in August.

I also have a big dog. For whatever reason my big dog barks at anything or anybody if they go anywhere near the house (even from the corner across the street). A fly is a good reason to bark.

It is the funniest thing. The min-pin now barks whenever the big one barks. He is the follower. And when the min-pin sees something, he barks at the big dog so when the big one starts to bark, then they become a symphony. The big dog will quiet down after I tell him to and he CAN see out the window and realize that there's no reason to bark, but the min-pin poor baby, has no clue because he can't see and then only goes by when the big stops barking. The min-pin's palace is by the back sliding door. There he becomes king of THAT action. :-)))

Old 05-23-2007, 02:33 PM

4,610 posts, read 11,102,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos View Post
I am fortunate, mine poo's in her corner of the yard and the doberman poo's in her corner of the yard (yes, I own big and little).
Mini pins are hard headed little creatures and once they have a habit, very hard to break them of it.. mine insists the mail man should be barked at like he is breaking in the house. You would think that knowing what the mail man is doing every day- at the same time- would eventually become routine and the dog would stop barking, but no.. she waits for that moment.. she barks.. has her hissy fit.. her day is complete.
This is the best thread ever! I used to have a Doberman too. She passed away 1.5 years ago. We miss her dearly. Everyone thought that our little Min Pin was the Doberman's little baby. It was so cute. Yet to think back now, it breaks my heart because we and our Min Pin Chloe miss her so much. They were great together.

Old 05-23-2007, 05:07 PM

OK here is another thought does sex matter? Boys do it but females don't..or is a min pin thing but some just don't walk while they potty...

Old 05-24-2007, 05:29 AM

I got my min pin when she was 5 weeks old, she would stand under the doberman and bark her lil head off if he decided to bark.. I think she thinks she is big. The doberman I had when the min pin was a baby, died last Christmas, so I got another doberman. The min pin ruled until the puppy learned how to knock the min pin across the room. Now, the doberman puppy is a year and a half old. The latest game is called "Big house but must sit on min pin" The doberman sorta reminds me of one of those fork lifts that beep when it backs up.. She aims her butt wherever the min pin is lounging and parks it. It is the funniest thing I ever seen. I know she will never hurt the min pin tho, cuz she is way too careful..

My min pin does NOT want to splash on her feet, so yeah she moves forward while doing the potty, and she keeps her back feet off the ground. Come to think of it, it is quite funny how she does that.

Old 05-24-2007, 11:20 AM

chaos--sounds like you got a danty min pin...some of my shelties did that..a few fell over trying to keep their feet dry. BUT this male I had walked to poo & pee he started at one end of my apt and would finish at the other end. He was as bad as a horse!!! And he always starts on the paper, so he understands that.

Old 05-25-2007, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
chaos--sounds like you got a danty min pin...some of my shelties did that..a few fell over trying to keep their feet dry. BUT this male I had walked to poo & pee he started at one end of my apt and would finish at the other end. He was as bad as a horse!!! And he always starts on the paper, so he understands that.
Dainty? oh dear you are trying to ruin her image as a killer beast! hahahaha

Old 05-25-2007, 04:16 PM

Why not!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs