Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 10:40 AM

4,334 posts, read 13,666,188 times

Advertisements

Michael Vick does not deserve to have a chance again in the N.F.L. Why? because I am a fan of the N.F.L. and without the 'FANS' there would be no N.F.L. To all those Vick supporters and people claiming that there are far worse things players in the NFL have done and they are still playing, I ask of you, WHO? Who has done worse things than what this mad-man has done?

Michael Vick has marked himself as a heartless killer. He "murdered" Dogs!! All those that say..."it's just a dog" should be slapped for being ignorant. The report on how Michael Vick killed the dogs are just horrifying. Vick's mind is that equal to a Manson or Dahlmer. Vick methodically planned, funded, organized and tortured dogs. How is that any different than Manson or Dahlmer? Picking up a dog in the air and slamming it on the ground over and over 'til it dies and taping the mouths of "Bait" dogs so it cannot fight back on dogs that is training is totally EVIL! This is so over the top Madness!!

Roger Goodell should be ashamed of himself. He had a chance to close the door on this issue and make a great statement about the N.F.L. but he chose the other. If Goodell decided to "not let" Michael Vick return,there would've been hardly any backlash. Now,Goodell has opened the door to months and years of negativity towards him, Vick and the NFL.

Thank you!

Old 07-30-2009, 10:48 AM

13,407 posts, read 28,744,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley_man View Post
It has been an eye opener to see how many people are still making execuses for the lying piece of garbage. You act like this guy derserves the benefit of the doubt. I hope he makes a differance to help take down dog fighting and is the main spokesperson to help destroy it, but it hasn't happened yet and this individual has a pattern of lying, so I will believe it when it happens.

No one is making excuses for him, unfortunately it is what it is and until the laws are changed it will remain so. He actually did much more time then most caught at this horrific sport.

He will eventually fade into the woodwork and nothing will be changed because it's much easier for most to get behind a keyboeard and become zealots in the "Get Vick" cause then to actually get off their azzes and try and do something constructive..starting with checking the laws in your state regarding this and lobbying to make them stronger if weak.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:50 AM

Quote:
I hope he makes a differance to help take down dog fighting and is the main spokesperson to help destroy it, but it hasn't happened yet and this individual has a pattern of lying, so I will believe it when it happens.
Something like this Harley_man has to come from the heart and this MV has none!
It would be empty words written by his attorneys anyway. This man is not gonna wake up one day and love animals either. He hates them. I bet he had been torturing animals as a young child and as he grew older the torture escalated to the point that thank God he was finally stopped and got caught. For those hundreds of poor dogs it was too late.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:56 AM

Default An NFL fan!

Re to: Vick and the "I don't care" attitude the NFL is taking.
Therein lies all that's wrong with our country today.
This goes for any player who breaks the law & commits a felony of any kind!
Most people see short videos of dog fights and that's the sum total of their knowledge on the subject. Maybe if they saw the end result(what Michael and his cohorts did to the dogs that lost) people would think differently. Perhaps hearing the screams of the losing dogs as they were tortured to death & watching the lack of compassion on Vick's face as he cruelly and painfully ended the lives of these dogs, people would rethink their opinion. This is a soulless, heartless man who although he "did his time and paid his dues", should not be allowed to return to his glory days of football hero. The dogs weren't given a second chance. Why is it that the prevailing thinking in this country is all about second chances? Yes, while he SHOULD be left alone to live his life, his actions should also result in NOT being rewarded with a big fat career in the NFL. How sad that he is not being made to suffer the MORAL consequences of his actions and only was required to pay his LEGAL dues. There is a huge difference here. What a terrible, terrible example for those young men who have just learned that their heroes need not be good men, just ones who have talent. My entire family & many of my friends intend on boycotting football if he is returned as a player. It's a huge sacrifice to some of our avid football fans, but we're ready to do so. Someone has to start standing up for what's moral, not just what's legally required.
People in the public eye must be held to the highest standard to earn those huge paychecks. Why aren't we doing that anymore? It's all about the almighty dollar. Burn up the phone lines and tell them we'll all boycott! NFL 212-450-2000, NBC Sports 212-664-2901 NIKE 503-671-2500. Scream as loud as the dogs screamed when Vick tortured them to death.
Our voices need to be heard!

Thank you.

Old 07-30-2009, 10:59 AM

13,407 posts, read 28,744,978 times
Okay enough..I want each & every one of you to tell me WHAT exactly are you doing to try and banish dog fighting
Emailing the NFL does not count

Old 07-30-2009, 11:12 AM

150 posts, read 981,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Okay enough..I want each & every one of you to tell me WHAT exactly are you doing to try and banish dog fighting
Emailing the NFL does not count
Perhaps you could start your own thread on this instead of hijacking the current one. This thread was not started so people could tell YOU what they are going to do to try to banish dog fighting.

How many times are you going to post the same thing over and over again? We get it, you think you are a good, caring person and MV deserves another chance. Good for you, give yourself a self-congratulatory pat on the back, then get over yourself. Start your own thread instead of hijacking Blondie's.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:15 AM

459 posts, read 805,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
No one is making excuses for him, unfortunately it is what it is and until the laws are changed it will remain so. He actually did much more time then most caught at this horrific sport.

He will eventually fade into the woodwork and nothing will be changed because it's much easier for most to get behind a keyboeard and become zealots in the "Get Vick" cause then to actually get off their azzes and try and do something constructive..starting with checking the laws in your state regarding this and lobbying to make them stronger if weak.

Your right we should be taking more action in our states to give harsher penalties to these disgusting criminals! California has a pathetic punishment for dog fighting criminals!

Old 07-30-2009, 11:15 AM

150 posts, read 981,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
Re to: Vick and the "I don't care" attitude the NFL is taking.
Therein lies all that's wrong with our country today.
This goes for any player who breaks the law & commits a felony of any kind!
Most people see short videos of dog fights and that's the sum total of their knowledge on the subject. Maybe if they saw the end result(what Michael and his cohorts did to the dogs that lost) people would think differently. Perhaps hearing the screams of the losing dogs as they were tortured to death & watching the lack of compassion on Vick's face as he cruelly and painfully ended the lives of these dogs, people would rethink their opinion. This is a soulless, heartless man who although he "did his time and paid his dues", should not be allowed to return to his glory days of football hero. The dogs weren't given a second chance. Why is it that the prevailing thinking in this country is all about second chances? Yes, while he SHOULD be left alone to live his life, his actions should also result in NOT being rewarded with a big fat career in the NFL. How sad that he is not being made to suffer the MORAL consequences of his actions and only was required to pay his LEGAL dues. There is a huge difference here. What a terrible, terrible example for those young men who have just learned that their heroes need not be good men, just ones who have talent. My entire family & many of my friends intend on boycotting football if he is returned as a player. It's a huge sacrifice to some of our avid football fans, but we're ready to do so. Someone has to start standing up for what's moral, not just what's legally required.
People in the public eye must be held to the highest standard to earn those huge paychecks. Why aren't we doing that anymore? It's all about the almighty dollar. Burn up the phone lines and tell them we'll all boycott! NFL 212-450-2000, NBC Sports 212-664-2901 NIKE 503-671-2500. Scream as loud as the dogs screamed when Vick tortured them to death.
Our voices need to be heard!

Thank you.
Blondie - can't rep you again so soon, but thanks for posting the phone numbers. I will be sure to pass the numbers on to friends and family.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:17 AM

10,007 posts, read 11,172,833 times
Quote:
It has been an eye opener to see how many people are still making execuses for the lying piece of garbage. You act like this guy derserves the benefit of the doubt. I hope he makes a differance to help take down dog fighting and is the main spokesperson to help destroy it, but it hasn't happened yet and this individual has a pattern of lying, so I will believe it when it happens.

Ok ..fair enough! But. He has served his sentence. It is time to give him the benefit of the doubt until he proves otherwise. If he gets his act together he could be a valuable resource to ending something evil.

Remember, the law has spoken. You cannot continue to try a man after he has served his sentence. I say give it a rest for now and watch and see how he conducts himself.

Old 07-30-2009, 11:28 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,142,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
Michael Vick has marked himself as a heartless killer. He "murdered" Dogs!! All those that say..."it's just a dog" should be slapped for being ignorant. The report on how Michael Vick killed the dogs are just horrifying. Vick's mind is that equal to a Manson or Dahlmer. Vick methodically planned, funded, organized and tortured dogs. How is that any different than Manson or Dahlmer? Picking up a dog in the air and slamming it on the ground over and over 'til it dies and taping the mouths of "Bait" dogs so it cannot fight back on dogs that is training is totally EVIL! This is so over the top Madness!!
Interesting lack of compassion from an owner of such a dangerous breed. Pit bulls have been bred to fight, it is in their nature to be aggressive. They are responsible for a ridiculous number of bites (and murders) of human beings and uncountable events against other dogs.
Many many generations of pit bulls bred to fight that they surely enjoy it... you could argue that Michael Vick gave them a chance to do what they love most. Just remember that if humans can be evil, animals can be too.

And btw, if a dog like yours ever seriously hurt my Chihauhua in a public place, I would choke the life out of the animal right in front of the owner. I would punish the 'deed' alright...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs