Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2010, 05:36 PM

5,245 posts, read 16,426,878 times

Advertisements

Anyone in the SLC area of UT? I've got an approved application for a small breed puppy but need someone to do the home check.

If anyone's in the area and has some time to help a rescue, please let me know!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2010, 06:05 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,422,703 times
Maybe SouthernBelleInUtah will help! She's in SLC, I think.

I was just up there 3 weeks ago. Dang!

Old 04-30-2010, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Maybe SouthernBelleInUtah will help! She's in SLC, I think.

I was just up there 3 weeks ago. Dang!
Ahh!!! Yay! Thank you! I'm gonna go stalk her! LOL

Old 05-05-2010, 12:18 PM

Just wanted to update that I did have someone on here offer to do the home visit for me. They did it last night and it went just as well as I'd thought it would.

Kahlua (Kali) the keeshond / pomeranian mix puppy will be flying out of Atlanta and into Salt Lake City this weekend to go to her new mommy and daddy and fur siblings.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:25 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,027,284 times
YAAAAYYYY.... i just LOVE a happy ending.....

you didn't have this one very long at all, if i am recalling correctly.....

Old 05-05-2010, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
YAAAAYYYY.... i just LOVE a happy ending.....

you didn't have this one very long at all, if i am recalling correctly.....
Barely over a week, LOL. She's being spayed as we speak and goes Friday to the regular vet for her exam and health certificate. If all goes well he should clear her for travel for this Sunday and she'll head to her new home. I certainly wish they could all find their forever homes this quickly.

Her new mommy and daddy lost their Kee mix a day or two before we got Kali and put her on line. It was just meant to be.

However, I've got 4, possibly 5 beagles on their way from Kentucky as well as possibly a male Great Pyrenees, so no time to be sad over her leaving. They were all pulled from the euth line at a very high kill rural KY shelter.

I've also got a Saint Bernard girl that's heavily infested with heartworms that will be here Friday from the vet. She had her first light treatment last week and had her second heavy treatment yesterday. Because she's so heavily infested they are extremely worried about her recovery and have her in the vet's ICU area. By Friday they think she'll be strong enough to come home, so we'll kennel her in the ICU we've got set up at home. With the three bottle fed kittens doing so well and both goats recovered, our ICU is actually empty for a change, so she'll have a quiet room for her recovery for the next 2 to 4 weeks.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:48 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,025,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
Barely over a week, LOL. She's being spayed as we speak and goes Friday to the regular vet for her exam and health certificate. If all goes well he should clear her for travel for this Sunday and she'll head to her new home. I certainly wish they could all find their forever homes this quickly.

Her new mommy and daddy lost their Kee mix a day or two before we got Kali and put her on line. It was just meant to be.

However, I've got 4, possibly 5 beagles on their way from Kentucky as well as possibly a male Great Pyrenees, so no time to be sad over her leaving. They were all pulled from the euth line at a very high kill rural KY shelter.

I've also got a Saint Bernard girl that's heavily infested with heartworms that will be here Friday from the vet. She had her first light treatment last week and had her second heavy treatment yesterday. Because she's so heavily infested they are extremely worried about her recovery and have her in the vet's ICU area. By Friday they think she'll be strong enough to come home, so we'll kennel her in the ICU we've got set up at home. With the three bottle fed kittens doing so well and both goats recovered, our ICU is actually empty for a change, so she'll have a quiet room for her recovery for the next 2 to 4 weeks.
1. I'm so happy for Kali!!!!! YAY!!!!!

2. Four, possibly five beagles? Be still my heart. If only I could sedate Jeremy. And Artie. Not knock them out -- just, y'know, take the edge off. Then we could all live happily ever after with four (or five!!! ) beagles. My life would be bliss. But alas, there aren't enough sedatives in the world to take the edge off my husband and dog.

Old 05-05-2010, 12:53 PM

3,849 posts, read 9,422,703 times
Oh my gosh, that's the cutest dog EVER!!!

Old 05-05-2010, 01:02 PM

9,352 posts, read 20,027,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAtheBanker View Post
Oh my gosh, that's the cutest dog EVER!!!

what's it worth to ya' for me NOT to tell beez you just said that??

Old 05-05-2010, 01:03 PM

17,330 posts, read 33,025,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latetotheparty View Post
what's it worth to ya' for me NOT to tell beez you just said that??
BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And there are witnesses!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Dogs