Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2017, 07:45 AM

33,016 posts, read 27,473,071 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post

i love where we rent . i have a pool , tennis courts , etc .

maybe where you rent is impaired but there are millions of satisfied renters . in fact there are waiting lists for many buildings here

You have stabilized rent. Where I live, HUD fair market rents are up 40 percent over the past three years.

Where I live we have NO central heat; the heat is provided by turning the kitchen oven to "BROIL" and leaving the door open. (My room freezes four months of the year, as it is furthest from the kitchen. Can't use a space heater because it trips a breaker and thereby makes the on-site "landlord" very angry because it interrupts whatever electricity he was using and he has to reset it.) We also might or might not have mold.

Rental satisfaction is correlated with rent levels. Slum dwellers get inferior housing which provides low satisfaction.

HUD FMR efficiency up 36% 2014-2017 and 1BR up 41% 2014-2017.

Old 08-22-2017, 07:51 AM

106,720 posts, read 108,913,061 times
the term stabilized rents mean little . we have loads of stabilized apartments today at market . studio's are 3400 a month . 90% of apartments in our building are stabilized and at market .

new buildings are all at market . stabilized only means the board votes on your increases going forward . they can be more at times than market . we saw that in 2008-2009 .

Old 08-22-2017, 08:04 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,257,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Where I live we have NO central heat; the heat is provided by turning the kitchen oven to "BROIL" and leaving the door open. (My room freezes four months of the year, as it is furthest from the kitchen. Can't use a space heater because it trips a breaker and thereby makes the on-site "landlord" very angry because it interrupts whatever electricity he was using and he has to reset it.) We also might or might not have mold.
Why are you still there?

Old 08-22-2017, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
So aaaaaaaaaalllllllllll those bad decisions you've made your entire adult life don't count for anything. Hilarious.

For all my bad actions, none of them have ever caused my internet access to be monitored and restricted!

Old 08-22-2017, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damba View Post
Why are you still there?

The alternative is what?

Old 08-22-2017, 08:31 AM

Quote:
in life you are judged by the demographics you fit in to .

i have not had an auto insurance claim in 20 years .

yet my credit score , where i live , my age , marital status , how many miles i drive all determine my rate as well as things under my control like my driving record . .

it is all determined by association .

you are part of a high risk group and will pay more-end of story .

I'm talking about my impaired internet access, not about auto insurance. I've never heard of an ISP restricting the access of a paying customer on the basis of what their peers do.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:35 AM

5,907 posts, read 4,434,948 times
Quote:
So people cause their Big Three problems?
They can certainly contribute to them with bad relationship management, poor career/skill development, and poor diet/excercuse, but of course a lot of it is out of their control. It would be arrogant and naive to suggest otherwise, but it's equally bad to not assume personal responsibility. You can't change the cards you're dealt, but you can change the way you play the hand.

However, the vast majority of people who have financial problems simply don't understand money. It's not usually because of the big 3.

Often the big 3 just exposes a bad situation even more. "When the tides go out, we see who was swimming naked".

Old 08-22-2017, 08:38 AM

106,720 posts, read 108,913,061 times
Quote:
I'm talking about my impaired internet access, not about auto insurance. I've never heard of an ISP restricting the access of a paying customer on the basis of what their peers do.
again , you are making a general statement about impaired use of renting . that may apply to some but certainly not all who rent

Old 08-22-2017, 08:49 AM

5,907 posts, read 4,434,948 times
Quote:
again , you are making a general statement about impaired use of renting . that may apply to some but certainly not all who rent
Exactly, I rented a unit in a very expensive suburb for my metro. My use of property wasn't "impaired". I had heat, ac, pools, etc. they fixed any of my work orders and maintained the grounds. Despite the high rent and yearly jumps, I still saved for a house and kissed renting good bye.

How? By increasing my income with career progression. What a concept eh free market?

Old 08-22-2017, 08:49 AM

11,411 posts, read 7,812,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
No you dont because your already branded as "bad credit score" period. Isnt it amazing how i paid my last car payment one day late due to bank error posting it and it cause my score to drop 5 points. I never been late for past 4 years on this car and have a 15 year on time payment history on my report. All them closed and paid in full.. But still.. one mistake your instantly branded and takes another 10 years to get those points back i lost. The credit system should be same both ways. Should rise just as fast it falls.. not instantly fall then spend rest of your adult life getting it back.. the FICO system is a joke and needs some seriously fixing.

Banks do not report you to the credit score folks for being 1 day late. I work in banking and know the rules and one day, while considered late, isn't going to ding your score. Something else happened to cause your score to go down and 5 point isn't even something to worry about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics