Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2019, 08:11 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,730,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Question in my mind is whether Saudis and allies feel compelled to respond in kind, say between tomorrow and the next 12 months.

There's also the possibility that attacks like these can be staged.

As a matter of historical observation, war is constant and good for somebody's business if contained.
i wonder if john bolton had this one planned before he was canned. its a good thing that he was fired.

im curious to see the resulting cries for war and see whether or not they have any legs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2019, 11:25 AM

9,430 posts, read 11,185,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bale002 View Post
Question in my mind is whether Saudis and allies feel compelled to respond in kind, say between tomorrow and the next 12 months.

There's also the possibility that attacks like these can be staged.

As a matter of historical observation, war is constant and good for somebody's business if contained.
If you want a strike on Iran, this is how you go about it.

That gas attack in Syria a couple of years ago, when Trump hit an air force base in retaliation, that attack certainly looked like it came from the rebel side, to set up Assad. Trump got suckered into it, I'd guess JB had something to do with it.

Much of what we see in world events is not what we are told we're seeing.

Old 09-15-2019, 12:01 PM

11,474 posts, read 11,573,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
If you want a strike on Iran, this is how you go about it.

That gas attack in Syria a couple of years ago, when Trump hit an air force base in retaliation, that attack certainly looked like it came from the rebel side, to set up Assad. Trump got suckered into it, I'd guess JB had something to do with it.

Much of what we see in world events is not what we are told we're seeing.
Do you have clearance? How do you know?

Old 09-15-2019, 02:21 PM

26,196 posts, read 21,615,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
Can you imagine the affects to the economy if the current crop of Democrats actually were able to shut down offshore drilling and fracking putting us more dependent on SA oil ?

Recall the rationing and lines to buy gas back in the 1970"s?

Could you imagine a world where people could be concerned about the environment without being labeled a Democrat, leftist or liberal?

Old 09-15-2019, 04:47 PM

9,430 posts, read 11,185,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyDog77 View Post
Do you have clearance? How do you know?
I don't know if my clearance continued after I retired out, like so many big shots from Washington still have clearances for absolutely no reason. I'll check.

I figure things out. I've been a student and a professional in human behavior for a long time.
I know what a psyop is. I know what a liar is. I know what motivates people, and it's not always wanting to do good and seek justice. Power and wealth motivate, and a thirst for war.

Some things are so obvious as to beg outright laughter. The Vegas shooting for instance. The "shooter's" hotel room was obviously staged. It was neat as a pin, a few rifles were laid down because most people don't know anything about "assault rifles" and if they see a photo of a gun they figure that's good enough.
The floor would have been littered with spent shell casings. There were none.
Witnesses reported more than one shooter, one or more on the ground.
Numerous witnesses ended up very dead not long after giving testimony. I won't start in on Oswald here, you probably believe that story too.

Old 09-15-2019, 06:22 PM

19,841 posts, read 18,122,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
That is so partisan
My husband worked in o/g production for more than 40 years==some offshore, more on land...
He has NO desire to make the US dependent on SA oil
Believe me-the o/g production companies can and should ensure safe practices to avoid polluting water, ensure their pipelines are safe, and have safe working platforms for employees...
Rakin's post was accurate.

Old 09-15-2019, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowexpectations View Post
Could you imagine a world where people could be concerned about the environment without being labeled a Democrat, leftist or liberal?
You are conflating things. So far a democrats and others pushing for safer/cleaner/more responsible drilling and refining I am on board with them. But you and I both know that's not the whole story. Many on the left have wanted to and actually tried to stop drilling/fracking whenever possible.

Old 09-15-2019, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwatted Wabbit View Post
I don't know if my clearance continued after I retired out, like so many big shots from Washington still have clearances for absolutely no reason. I'll check.

I figure things out. I've been a student and a professional in human behavior for a long time.
I know what a psyop is. I know what a liar is. I know what motivates people, and it's not always wanting to do good and seek justice. Power and wealth motivate, and a thirst for war.

Some things are so obvious as to beg outright laughter. The Vegas shooting for instance. The "shooter's" hotel room was obviously staged. It was neat as a pin, a few rifles were laid down because most people don't know anything about "assault rifles" and if they see a photo of a gun they figure that's good enough.
The floor would have been littered with spent shell casings. There were none.
Witnesses reported more than one shooter, one or more on the ground.
Numerous witnesses ended up very dead not long after giving testimony. I won't start in on Oswald here, you probably believe that story too.
Careful! There's someone right behind you!

Old 09-15-2019, 06:53 PM

26,196 posts, read 21,615,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
You are conflating things. So far a democrats and others pushing for safer/cleaner/more responsible drilling and refining I am on board with them. But you and I both know that's not the whole story. Many on the left have wanted to and actually tried to stop drilling/fracking whenever possible.

I’m not conflating anything so that leaves you with just making things up

Old 09-15-2019, 07:09 PM

35,102 posts, read 31,358,877 times
The amount of the disruption is not insignificant, but not world shocking, especially with a reserve release.

The biggest problem is going to be the psychological effects and if war ramps up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics