Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2008, 08:10 AM

9,116 posts, read 17,731,709 times

Advertisements

thought of one more thing we do...

There are a bunch of products we use regularly.

I send e-mails to the parent company telling them we love their products (and in the process ask for coupons...ie triple blaze schick razors for me)

These certain type of razors that I use I've gotten free samples and great coupons just for sending a complementary e-mail....

If you send a bunch of e-mails to different companies, youre bound to get some good stuff back...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2008, 08:39 AM

37,470 posts, read 61,415,702 times
I use a straight razor, I bought it in the 70's.

They last a long time. the strop might wearout every decade or two but not the razor.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:18 AM

1,065 posts, read 4,147,555 times
I'd like to say I'm prety frugal with my living expenses. In my line of work you HAVE to be a saver. I don't eat out much, but there's no way I can get rid of my cell phone, land line, gas expenses, internet, etc. And the biggest chunk of my income goes into my business anyway.

So I prefer to think of ways I can make an additional $500/mo.

Old 08-24-2008, 05:57 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,731,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
I use a straight razor, I bought it in the 70's.

They last a long time. the strop might wearout every decade or two but not the razor.
Oh, you mean the "cut throat" razor?.....

j/k....figuruing the cost of disposables that I use (along w/baby oil & not shaving cream), I'd prob get my money back in 2 yrs or so if I started going to a straight razor....

Old 08-24-2008, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
Oh, you mean the "cut throat" razor?.....

j/k....figuruing the cost of disposables that I use (along w/baby oil & not shaving cream), I'd prob get my money back in 2 yrs or so if I started going to a straight razor....
A 4 inch long straight edge with a tang, a hinge and a folding handle.

I lived onboard submarines during my career, 7 months underwater each year, and aerosol cans are not allowed onboard.

After a few months underwater if you use disposables and run-out it becomes a problem.

A small cup with soap and a shaving brush works greater. Very cheap too!

When you need to carry everything you need for the next 6 months in one carry-on bag, how much stuff you have becomes a big issue.

experto crede

Old 08-24-2008, 10:55 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,015,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
A lot of my kin folk bury their money, jars in the ground.
Where do they live

Old 08-25-2008, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Where do they live
Around.

Some in Arkansas, some in Oklahoma, some in California.

Better start your digging.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:23 AM

2,410 posts, read 6,005,798 times
My husband and I already live bare bones.

We eat out 3 times a year: birthdays and anniversary (unless someone is treating us to dinner) and even then we keep it under $50 for the both of us.

We take our own lunches to work everyday.

We only drive to and from work and school. All errands are done on 1 day.

I guess I could cut our cell phones, internet and tv, but then we still would only be saving about $120/month.

In a couple of years (2010) our cars will be paid off and that will cut a huge expense from our budget.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by molochai2580 View Post
My husband and I already live bare bones.

We eat out 3 times a year: birthdays and anniversary (unless someone is treating us to dinner) and even then we keep it under $50 for the both of us.

We take our own lunches to work everyday.

We only drive to and from work and school. All errands are done on 1 day.

I guess I could cut our cell phones, internet and tv, but then we still would only be saving about $120/month.

In a couple of years (2010) our cars will be paid off and that will cut a huge expense from our budget.
Good point.

Carrying a huge debt load is not fun.

Banks make lots of money from folks who carry lots of debt.

Home mortgage, vehicle loans and CC balances; all add up and can take years to pay off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics