Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 12:24 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
I'm glad you liked that. I received that pamphlet from the last surviving MinuteWoman of the U.S.A., Ellen McClay. She turns 90 this year, bless her soul!
I know who she is.

A note for those reading along: Ellen McClay spent a lot of time in the 50's trying to tell the Los Angeles City School Board that UNESCO was evil and that we all needed to look under our beds at night for Communists. (She also thought the communists were about to take over the U.S. and make us salute the Soviet flag and say some non-existent pledge a non-existent world flag.) Is she still out in the desert looking for commies?

The Minute Women were pro-McCarthy and anti-desegregation. Members, the vast majority of whom were white, upper-middle class women, were instructed to wage aggressive phone and letter writing campaigns to support McCarthy and his ideals. They were also told to deny they were members of the organization if asked. They once had the Quakers banned from using a meeting hall in Texas because Alger Hiss had once attended a Quaker service. They were known for their antisemitism.

Draw your own conclusions...

Last edited by DewDropInn; 08-22-2012 at 12:32 PM..

Old 08-22-2012, 12:33 PM

30 posts, read 45,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
I know who she is.

A note for those reading along: Ellen McClay spent a lot of time in the 50's trying to tell the Los Angeles City School Board that UNESCO was evil and that we all needed to look under our beds at night for Communists. (She also thought the communists were about to take over the U.S. and make us salute the Soviet flag and say some non-existent pledge a non-existent world flag.)

The Minute Women were pro-McCarthy and anti-desegregation. Members, the vast majority of whom were white, upper-middle class women, were instructed to wage aggressive and letter writing campaigns. They were also told to deny they were members of the organization if asked.

Ah yes, the race card, has nothing to do with it. But predictable...

The UN has denied what it has been doing for years. Worked for them judging from posts like this.

McClay was right. The communitarianism-world government movement has infiltrated our military, government, civic, social and educational institutions already. What we are doing now is simply defending our rights against the bad effects it has had on society and on us in general.

Some people love their chains. McClay and McCarthy - were right.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Oopsies, looks like you skipped some relevant parts of that quote. And let's remember this is an INTERNATIONAL education system:

This is a reality, why are you afraid of learning about other cultures?
Red herring. We have always learned about other cultures.. that won't stop... and it's NOT what IB is about.

IB has ONE mission, to spread the word about world government being the next step for all countries. America is the last bastion and we won't go down without a fight.

Having said that, I was asked to sign that as part of my contract "I pledge to teach the mission of world government".

'Splain that one!

PS - I refused and told them to shove it up their communist behinds.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:46 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,194,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaParty™ View Post
McClay and McCarthy - were right.
I am VERY glad you clarified your position on those two.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:54 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,167,475 times
Quote:
I know who she is.

A note for those reading along: Ellen McClay spent a lot of time in the 50's trying to tell the Los Angeles City School Board that UNESCO was evil and that we all needed to look under our beds at night for Communists. (She also thought the communists were about to take over the U.S. and make us salute the Soviet flag and say some non-existent pledge a non-existent world flag.)

The Minute Women were pro-McCarthy and anti-desegregation. Members, the vast majority of whom were white, upper-middle class women, were instructed to wage aggressive and letter writing campaigns. They were also told to deny they were members of the organization if asked.

No they weren't anti-desegregation, silly. Perhaps you would benefit from reading Ellen's rather lengthy book:

In The Presence of Our Enemies

And the Minutewoman's motto is: Defending the land we love.

Ironically, Ellen abandoned her anti-UNESCO advocacy in the mid 60's in order to return to school, raise three children and earned a living as a medical biller, all around the time IB was being hatched. It wasn't until about two years ago that she ran across my website in a comment after an article on IB in Arizona where she now resides, that she contacted me!

"The idea of a "living Constitution" which can be altered without following the Constitution's procedures as required by law, originated with the Communist Party"

index

Yet what has President Barack Hussein Obama done regarding:
1. Libya
2. Removing workfare from welfare
3. Granting amnesty to over 2 million illegal immigrants

Exactly that. Hollywood is fully in the communist camp and the overblown charges of McCarthyism have been perpetrated by the Hollywood elite who were targeted by McCarthy. For some reason, Progressives hang on everything Hollywood does. In fact, the Communist Party U.S.A. just endorsed Obama, doesn't that make you proud?

Home » cpusa

Haha! Look at their motto, almost identical to IBO's:

"A better and peaceful world is possible "

Progressives in this country don't see our Constitution being shredded before our very eyes. God bless this brave Minutewoman who is a patriot extraordinaire! I am honored to have made her acquaintance.

Old 08-22-2012, 12:57 PM

Quote:

Repeat, proof they were right about communism was that I was asked to sign that as part of my contract "I pledge to teach the mission of world government".

Once again, I refused and told them to shove it up their communist behinds.

I don't assume they were for segregation and neither am I. (I am a minority myself BTW)

Old 08-22-2012, 01:04 PM

Quote:
And I concur with NH Tea. It may be 60 years later, but NH Tea and I are today's ad hoc Minutewomen. The Democratic Party of 2012 is not your JFK's Democratic Party. Even back then, Martin Luther King Jr. & Sr. were both registered Republicans. And unfortunately, there are many 2012 Republicans who still fall sucker to being called racists or anti-Semites or McCarthyites when they try to appease "the middle" and "compromise".

When it comes to our freedoms and liberties as provided for under our Constitution, there IS NO COMPROMISE! Our Founders crafted a brilliant document which allows for amending with a 2/3 majority. We are a Federal Republic, NOT a democracy.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObserverNY View Post
And I concur with NH Tea. It may be 60 years later, but NH Tea and I are today's ad hoc Minutewomen. The Democratic Party of 2012 is not your JFK's Democratic Party. Even back then, Martin Luther King Jr. & Sr. were both registered Republicans. And unfortunately, there are many 2012 Republicans who still fall sucker to being called racists or anti-Semites or McCarthyites when they try to appease "the middle" and "compromise".

When it comes to our freedoms and liberties as provided for under our Constitution, there IS NO COMPROMISE! Our Founders crafted a brilliant document which allows for amending with a 2/3 majority. We are a Federal Republic, NOT a democracy.
Dew Drop and others always love to equate pro-legal immigration with racism, segregation, and all sorts of other conjured up bogeymen.

Fact is, I'm from a family of immigrants, LEGAL ONES... and there is nothing wrong with wanting to allow hard working people into the country who haven't already broken the law to get here.

The name-calling doesn't work anymore, even though the UN set out to create a disinformation campaign by advising that anyone who threatened to reveal what they were doing as 'conspiracy theorists' and to cast aspersions on anyone who questioned them.

Old 08-22-2012, 01:51 PM

5,725 posts, read 11,720,684 times
This thread is great. Thanks for the laughs.

Old 08-22-2012, 02:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maf763 View Post
This thread is great. Thanks for the laughs.
Quote:
Another benefit of laughter is that it improves our over-all mental health. Pent up negative emotions, such as anger, fear, and sadness, can cause biochemical changes in our bodies that can produce a harmful effect.

Laughter provides a harmless outlet for these negative emotions, and provides a coping mechanism for dealing with difficult or stressful situations.Why do we laugh?
Glad to be of help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education