Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for Newt Gingrich if he ran for President?
Yes 10 22.73%
No 31 70.45%
Not sure 3 6.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 12:39 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,670,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
"He's the last person I'd vote for for president of the United States,” Coburn said, per the Tulsa World. “His life indicates he does not have a commitment to the character traits necessary to be a great president."
Coburn said that Gingrich’s personal history indicates that he “doesn't know anything about commitment to marriage.”
First Read - Coburn: Gingrich is 'the last person I'd vote for'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2010, 01:25 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
would I vote for him? I don't know, and would his personal life damage his chances at winning? Of coruse, but his marriage history really shouldn't have anything to do with ability to governs the country.

I really do not care what one person has to say about who they would or would not vote for.

NIta

Old 08-30-2010, 09:12 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Gingrich has had numerous affairs, cheated at least one wife, did an awful global warming propaganda add with Pelosi and endorsed a very liberal RINO in upstate NY. I would stay home and not vote if he was the candidate.

Old 08-31-2010, 04:02 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,887,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Gingrich has had numerous affairs, cheated at least one wife, did an awful global warming propaganda add with Pelosi and endorsed a very liberal RINO in upstate NY. I would stay home and not vote if he was the candidate.
Those are awfully weak reasons not to vote for someone. You'd stay home? Would you prefer four more from Obama?

Old 08-31-2010, 05:06 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,306,908 times
Yes.

The most intelligent, talented, knowledgeable, experienced person on either side of spectrum.

I will put his personal life aside as we need someone with all these characters and past success to get us out of this rut the dems and Obama has put us in.

His vase knowledge of foreign affairs is also a plus.

Like his personal life or not, he is by far the cream of the crop to get things done.

I would vote for him in a heartbeat just on his accomplishments and his intelligence.

Things can change before 2012 but if he runs I would go with him for now.

Depends on if he even runs.

Old 08-31-2010, 11:59 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
He is not one of my picks, but Tom Coburn is a hypocrite also and I wouldn't vote for him either...lol.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:12 AM

5,999 posts, read 7,099,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jufrbo View Post
Those are awfully weak reasons not to vote for someone. You'd stay home? Would you prefer four more from Obama?
Character counts to me; he's cheated on more than one wife and is a RINO, there's no difference between RINO's and Obama anyway; that's how Obama got elected in the first place; Republicans acting like Democrats.

Old 09-01-2010, 12:21 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times
Default Excellent post

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
He's a repulsive choice for such an office, just like every prominent tea party leader and republican. Pubs are in trouble.

Old 09-01-2010, 02:40 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
I would not vote for Gingrich unless I had no other choice and frankly I do not want to hold my nose again when I vote for President. The man is exactly like Obama except for ideology. He's an academic type, full of ideas, but no experince implementing them or managing anything. We don't need another President who lives in his head. Plus, he's the ultimate Washington DC insider. Then there is his messy personal life that makes you doubt his character. And on top of all of that he's a snooze. But primarily, I would not vote for him because he has been a politician, an analyst, a professor, a historian, a consultant, a documentarian and a book author but never a mayor, governor, CEO or business manager that would demonstrate he has what it takes to make this country run successfully.

Old 09-01-2010, 10:59 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Character counts to me; he's cheated on more than one wife and is a RINO, there's no difference between RINO's and Obama anyway; that's how Obama got elected in the first place; Republicans acting like Democrats.
A cheater? He certainly is that, but a RINO, OMG, where have you been? He is as conservative as they come (well almost)

As for character counting? It should count, but we have to be realistic, we have someone in the white house right now that I do not think has much character...

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections