Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote for Newt Gingrich if he ran for President?
Yes 10 22.73%
No 31 70.45%
Not sure 3 6.82%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 11:01 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
He's a repulsive choice for such an office, just like every prominent tea party leader and republican. Pubs are in trouble.
ONG, I can't beleive you! What drugs did you take this time? Since when is her a leader of the Tea Party?

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2010, 11:23 AM

2,031 posts, read 2,989,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days90 View Post
Yes.

The most intelligent, talented, knowledgeable, experienced person on either side of spectrum.

I will put his personal life aside as we need someone with all these characters and past success to get us out of this rut the dems and Obama has put us in.

His vase knowledge of foreign affairs is also a plus.

Like his personal life or not, he is by far the cream of the crop to get things done.

I would vote for him in a heartbeat just on his accomplishments and his intelligence.

Things can change before 2012 but if he runs I would go with him for now.

Depends on if he even runs.

This is the guy who claimed he engineered the government shutdown of 1995 out of spite after he was assigned to a seat towards the back of Air Force One on the flight to Yitzhak Rabin's funeral.
Gingrich links stalemate to perceived Clinton snub House speaker fumes about silence during plane rides last week - Baltimore Sun

I wonder what's dumber?

a) enacting policy based on your own petty grievances

b) being so narcissistic that you think the President of the United States is trying to 'get you' in assigning seats (newsflash to Newt - if he wanted to insult you, you wouldn't have been invited to fly on Air Force One)

c) thinking that sharing your paranoid persecution-complex with the media is a good idea

That's too close to call! It's a trifecta of idiocy!

And yet he's held up by many as the poster-boy for intellect on the right...

Old 09-01-2010, 03:58 PM

2,684 posts, read 6,888,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
Character counts to me; he's cheated on more than one wife and is a RINO, there's no difference between RINO's and Obama anyway; that's how Obama got elected in the first place; Republicans acting like Democrats.
I can respect the character part even though it is way down on my priorities list. But he is very conservative, if he's a rino, then who isn't? Would you support Sarah Palin or Sharon Angle? They take the furthest right wing idea to almost every issue, yet can't even defend there own statements or even talk serious policy. These rino witchunts are gonna leave with us with a bunch of empty headed sloganeers who can't win a general, and we might as well hand the Democrats every level of Government, since the majority of people are not going to vote for them.

Old 09-01-2010, 04:09 PM

3,266 posts, read 5,636,125 times
I don't like Gingrich. I am conservative but I think Newt talks a good, no, great game but he is all talk and no bite. I'd vote for him as the lesser of 2 evils.

He has sold conservatives down the creek before.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:31 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,103,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
A cheater? He certainly is that, but a RINO, OMG, where have you been? He is as conservative as they come (well almost)

As for character counting? It should count, but we have to be realistic, we have someone in the white house right now that I do not think has much character...

Nita
He did a global warming propaganda commercial with Pelosi and endorsed Scozafava, when Palin endorsed a tea party guy who got the nominee, Scozafava then turned around and endorsed the democrat. Conservatives were livid with Fig Newton and booed him at a few of his appearances and he finally had to apologize and say that he was wrong. He is a RINO, big time.

Old 09-01-2010, 09:34 PM

5,999 posts, read 7,103,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jufrbo View Post
I can respect the character part even though it is way down on my priorities list. But he is very conservative, if he's a rino, then who isn't? Would you support Sarah Palin or Sharon Angle? They take the furthest right wing idea to almost every issue, yet can't even defend there own statements or even talk serious policy. These rino witchunts are gonna leave with us with a bunch of empty headed sloganeers who can't win a general, and we might as well hand the Democrats every level of Government, since the majority of people are not going to vote for them.
I'm a Christian conservative, not a republican, we ran one of your guys for POTUS; how'd that turn out? Three RINOS have already been defeated in primaries for true conservatives, the latest being Murkowski in Alaska.

Old 09-02-2010, 06:41 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophiasmommy View Post
He did a global warming propaganda commercial with Pelosi and endorsed Scozafava, when Palin endorsed a tea party guy who got the nominee, Scozafava then turned around and endorsed the democrat. Conservatives were livid with Fig Newton and booed him at a few of his appearances and he finally had to apologize and say that he was wrong. He is a RINO, big time.
There are conservatives and there are nut cases, two different things. YOu might be able to point out one situation, So he endorsed someone who did a switch around, this does not make him a RINO. I have been a Republican and yes a Christian for many years, maybe longer than you have been alive for all I know. I am to the right of center ( not an over the board right winger) I have followed him for years. Sorry, he is anything but a RINO. It seems like the religious right wingers or as you call yourself, a Christian conservative, think anyone that thinks a little differently than you has to be a RINO> Maybe you are as over the edge on one side as the libs are on the other. I hope I am wrong, but that is how you are coming across.

Nita

Old 09-02-2010, 07:03 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
There are conservatives and there are nut cases, two different things. YOu might be able to point out one situation, So he endorsed someone who did a switch around, this does not make him a RINO. I have been a Republican and yes a Christian for many years, maybe longer than you have been alive for all I know. I am to the right of center ( not an over the board right winger) I have followed him for years. Sorry, he is anything but a RINO. It seems like the religious right wingers or as you call yourself, a Christian conservative, think anyone that thinks a little differently than you has to be a RINO> Maybe you are as over the edge on one side as the libs are on the other. I hope I am wrong, but that is how you are coming across.

Nita
Pretty much all Repubs are RINO now. It's very hard to find any that reflect what the GOP used to be. That is unfortunate for all of us.

Old 09-02-2010, 07:14 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,335,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobTex View Post
I don't like Gingrich. I am conservative but I think Newt talks a good, no, great game but he is all talk and no bite. I'd vote for him as the lesser of 2 evils.

He has sold conservatives down the creek before.
I would vote for him over Obama, but I wish Newt would step aside. There is no way the general electorate is going to vote for Newt Gingrich. Women hate the guy, and his negatives far outweigh his earlier, positive accomplishments. And I just don't trust him.

Old 09-02-2010, 09:07 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,946,153 times
I would vote for him ONLY if he was the winner in the primaries. I'd rather keep Obama out of office even if it's painful to vote for Newt
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections