Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-25-2011, 11:52 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,906,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
what part of Past his Prime do some of you not understand?

Nita
Past his prime? .. Raising over $700,000.00 in less than 24 hours, before he's even announced he'll run is something Obama couldn't even do .. Past his prime .. ya right
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2011, 11:54 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,007,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
He'll run for President if he get's enough support and he is off to a good start with a money bomb that I think started yesterday that so far has generated over $700k in donations. Go to Libertypac.com to see.

He beat both Mitt Romney by 7% and Donald Trump by 30% to 35% in the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) straw poll. He won the straw poll last year too. He was the most searched for "on-line" candidate in the last election for BOTH parties until the media brainwashed everyone into believing he wasn't "electible".

Numbers don't lie. The people are sick and tired of corruption in
Washingtong and in the White House. They clearly want someone with the HONESTY and sense of ETHICS, EXPERIENCE and PROVEN TRACK RECORD that none other than Ron Paul has. He is the BEST REAL HOPE TO SAVE OUR COUNTRY FROM COMPLETE RUIN!

Let's not make the same mistake in 2012 and vote for same ole same ole (two flavors of vanilla) the Democrat or Republican candidate that the media supports ie Obama/McCain. This year the media supported Republican candidate would probably be Donald Trump or Mitt Romney or Even Sarah Palin who seems to be very malleable as she changed from being very independent minded (and a Ron Paul supporter when she was Governor) to agreeing to run with John McCain.I'm sure that is why the media likes her. She can be bought. Certainly we know Obama can be bought.

While everyone hated President Bush and he did some terrible things passing the Patriot Act and starting the war in Iraq. At least he was honest about what he was going to do. President Obama isn't even honest. He tells the public one thing (what they want to hear and does the opposite).People thought he was a pacifist and he'd turned out to be a War Monger.Let's not put any more LIARS in the White House.

Follow and Support Ron Paul and tell your friends to as well.

You can follow him by going to YouTube.com; Type in Ron Paul in the search field; choose "Today" for search options.

Other ways to follow him is to go to www.campaignforliberty.com for the latest news clip or announcement and breaking news that the general public needs to know about that might not have reached the major media yet (or worse, is being covered up by the major media).
I would like to see Ron Paul campaign and then endorse Gary Johnson as the heir to the Libertarian movement. Ron Paul is just too old, lacks charisma to attract a larger following. He also is too socially conservative for my taste. Gary Johnson is the best candidate to get us out of the mess that we are in with the Dems and the Repubs.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:56 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,906,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
His AGE and the number of years he has held public office shows his wisdom, and also provides us much insight on his actions rather than just words.

And, there seems to be many folks who would seriously support Ron Paul for Pres...

i understand now...you like things "as-is".
I like the fact that he isn't hiding his voting record, or career choices .. like some other someone I can think of ..

Old 04-26-2011, 08:43 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,863,405 times
Ron Paul is still around? Wow, who knew?

Old 04-26-2011, 09:18 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,856,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Ron Paul is still around? Wow, who knew?
Everyone with a brain and a true understanding of this country's dire condition.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:36 AM

2,618 posts, read 6,164,760 times
Default Ron Paul's true chances of winning the 2010 Election

Sorry, meant 2012 Election

Does anyone care to speculate on the true odds that Ron Paul can win the presidency?

I don't doubt his popularity, and there is a rise in libertarian belief over the last few years. I'll be voting for him every chance I can, but here's what I feel is going against him that is outside of his control:

1. The debate format, or the interview setting that asks you a detailed question only gives you a 15 sec window to answer (the media does this so you say one thing without an opportunity to explain and then they can smear it all over the TV and newpapers to create controversy). Ron Paul does not do as well in the current debate format

2. Charisma. There's no doubt Ron Paul is smarter than any two (2) candidates in terms of knowledge of history and economics, but he doesn't have the Obama-charisma to sleaze his way into office like previous presidents have done.

3. Party. Even if he gets the most popularity votes, the GOP won't give him the bid as the GOP candidate, so he won't be allowed to participate in the biggest debate(s) of the election and won't get nearly as much attention.

4. Election process authenticity. How many people really believe the voting process is immune to corruption? Look at how many lawsuits have been in recent years over election counts? Even if Dr. Paul got the votes needed, I could see powers that be corrupting the process to snub him out.

Regardless, Ron will get my vote, I'm reading all his books, he's consistent, he does what he says he'll do, and he's against the few elite families, banks, and corporations running this nation and burying the middle and lower class to a lifetime of debt. I'm just curious as to what others believe will actually happen.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:45 AM

19,226 posts, read 15,328,875 times
He should shine.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:53 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,257,971 times
I will speculate - Ron Paul will not win one single state primary.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:57 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,995,123 times
If people would not just "vote for the lesser of two evils" then he may may actually have a chance.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:57 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,245,170 times
I really don't know at this moment. I'm not familiar with American elections prior to 2000 so I don't know whether the current "reinvention" of libertarianism and Austrian economics is something new or just history repeating itself. I'm an anarchist myself and don't really worry about elections, but I really like the publicity that comes from just the debates where Ron Paul participates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections