Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-05-2011, 04:08 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times

Advertisements

Right now I'm listening to a streaming radio broadcast that is comprised of some of the speakers at the events leading up to the debates tonight in SC. I highly recommend listening in! It is on RunRonPaul.com and to watch the Money Bomb go to Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Exploratory Committee

By the way,Senator Rand Paul was interviewed earlier and says that he thinks this year since his dad's name recognition has gone from 2% in 2008 to 80% today (if I heard it right-- it can't be only 8%), Rand said that in 2007 although there was lots of support and $$$ raised by the grass roots, he said there wasn't enough time to plan a hard hitting campaign. THIS YEAR he says will be different...since they are starting early and there is a LOT MORE support and the $$ has been raised. It was also pointed out that Ron Paul's $$$ is all grass root with virtually no overhead costs. All the other candidates have to PAY FUNDRAISERS or ADVERTISERS etc. So they have to raise half again as much to generate the same amount of $$!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2011, 04:12 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
The first Republican Debates are tonight in South Carolina you guys. Every year the winner of this debate has been the Republican nominee. However this year a lot of the Republican candidates aren't showing up. I think they don't want to have to debate Ron Paul. Another unfortunate turn of events is that the Associated Press is boycotting the event. (I guess the AP is a tool of the New World Order. They probably don't want to have to report that Ron Paul is the big winner.)

This CNN article says that of all the poetntial Republican candidates, Ron Paul does the best agaisnt Obama.
CNN Poll: Still no front-runner in the battle for the GOP nomination – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs
I am going to watch it tonight, looking forward to it.

Old 05-05-2011, 04:13 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Well, I guess Paul's chances of winning the 2010 election are nil, since it's now 2011.

Old 05-05-2011, 04:14 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,672,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Well, I guess Paul's chances of winning the 2010 election are nil, since it's now 2011.
LOL, guess that was a typo, I noticed that too!!!

Old 05-05-2011, 04:23 PM

I don't THINK SO. It is only 6:17 PM and ALREADY in half a dayWAY before the debates have begun the Ron Paul Money Bomb is above $650k! The other so called( by the Media that want to shut out Ron Paul) "front runners" can't even raise $12k. Don't take my word for it, see for yourself! Ron Paul 2012 Presidential Exploratory Committee

Old 05-05-2011, 04:25 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
Well if prior to the last Republican Debates in 07 or 08 before he was FLAGRANTLY censored by the major media is any indication, back then
(when he was virtually unknown compared to now), he was by far the most popular nominee on the internet ---60% ahead of Mitt Romney before the debates. Then even the Media showed that he was the winner BY FAR of the first debates held. THEN the CENSORSHIP and discounting by the Media started. Even with their shutting him out and giving Mitt Romney and his competitors 3x the free publicity; and more time to answer questions during the debates, he still didn't drop out of site. He still had made an impression.It is all documented in a three part documentary that is on YouTube called something like "Media censored Ron Paul". It is really interesting because at certain points it shows how they initially tried to EXCLUDE him until his fans took the Media to task.

I don't think this year it will be as easy for the Media to discount him. All the other Republican contenders except for Gary Johnson are lightweights. I agree with you, he is far and away the best candidate by far and if he even gets 1/2 a chance by the media he should be able to not only get nominated but once he is, make Obama look like the empty puppet and elite groomed nobody that he is.
I have some tinfoil coupons I don't need.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
he's not the crackpot here sporto

Ron Paul is the one who told us years before the housing crisis put us in our depression and why it would happen.

He educated the people why we were attacked on 9/11 as well as knew years beforehand that our continued occupation would cause an attack on us.

You go with the people who manipulate our economy and brought about our destruction, I'll go with what works.

anymore questions?
If Paul had knowledge of 9/11 and didn't share it, he's a criminal! Maybe he's just another Monday Morning Quarterback.

Old 05-05-2011, 04:32 PM

http://ronpaul2012.com/Today so far Ron Paul has raised $663,783.00..... what OTHER candidate do you know that can get their supporters to raise that much in less than a day?????????

Old 05-05-2011, 04:40 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
Sorry, meant 2012 Election

Does anyone care to speculate on the true odds that Ron Paul can win the presidency?

I don't doubt his popularity, and there is a rise in libertarian belief over the last few years. I'll be voting for him every chance I can, but here's what I feel is going against him that is outside of his control:

1. The debate format, or the interview setting that asks you a detailed question only gives you a 15 sec window to answer (the media does this so you say one thing without an opportunity to explain and then they can smear it all over the TV and newpapers to create controversy). Ron Paul does not do as well in the current debate format

2. Charisma. There's no doubt Ron Paul is smarter than any two (2) candidates in terms of knowledge of history and economics, but he doesn't have the Obama-charisma to sleaze his way into office like previous presidents have done.

3. Party. Even if he gets the most popularity votes, the GOP won't give him the bid as the GOP candidate, so he won't be allowed to participate in the biggest debate(s) of the election and won't get nearly as much attention.

4. Election process authenticity. How many people really believe the voting process is immune to corruption? Look at how many lawsuits have been in recent years over election counts? Even if Dr. Paul got the votes needed, I could see powers that be corrupting the process to snub him out.

Regardless, Ron will get my vote, I'm reading all his books, he's consistent, he does what he says he'll do, and he's against the few elite families, banks, and corporations running this nation and burying the middle and lower class to a lifetime of debt. I'm just curious as to what others believe will actually happen.
Real chances?

He wants to dismantle social security and all federal medical care.

70% of Americans like the system we have now, and want cuts and changes in other areas.

You can't win an election when 70% of the people in the country don't support your platform.

Please note, I'm not saying I disagree with all of Paul's positions, I find we agree on quite a bit. Just stating the truth of the situation.

Old 05-05-2011, 04:49 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,214,487 times
Once again, we should not focus on winning.

At this stage we just need to change the debate. We are locked in two sided talking points where each side knows what the other is going to say before they say it.

Paul can completely put the focus on a different way of looking at things and start to wake up the independent middle. The future is not a left/right battle, it is authoritarian (left and right) against liberty (the rest of us).

Another conservative running for the GOP will only cause people to continue the status quo as the elite gain more and more power.

Old 05-05-2011, 05:09 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,450,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Real chances?

He wants to dismantle social security and all federal medical care.

70% of Americans like the system we have now, and want cuts and changes in other areas.

You can't win an election when 70% of the people in the country don't support your platform.

Please note, I'm not saying I disagree with all of Paul's positions, I find we agree on quite a bit. Just stating the truth of the situation.
He wants young people to be able to opt out, cut defense spending and divert from that budget to fund those who need to rely on SS and medicare.

Stating 70% don't agree with his plattform is misleading.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections