Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 06:25 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Paul demolishes himself in a debate.......as in the last go around the other candidates just sit there and chuckle and don't even bother responding to him. Listen , the reality is Paul is a man with out a home, his views attract people that are not comfortable with the GOP, and the rest of America is not comfortable with the views of the Libertarian party. His son will have a much better chance at becoming President someday.....thankfully he has refused to go full retard as his father has and ride the crazy train.
That is because the other candidates don't even understand what he is saying. Do you want another dumbell as President or someone who is truly BRILLIANT for a change? Besides if the Media hadn't outright ignored him after it was OBVIOUS he was the best Republocan Candidate because they knew he couldn't be bought and paid for and expected to act like a puppet for the Corporations and Bilderberg group like Obama and McCain and the other candidates would they knew they had to act like he didn't exist. If they hadn't done that, things might have turned out a LOT better for this country because the Obama mania wouldn 't have been able to take hold NEARLY as easily. Smart people who appreciate things like honesty and a proven track record would have had a chance to realize he was the best Republcan candidate and he would have become the Republican candidate and might have even been elected. Too bad for us, things didn't turn out that way.

However now we have another chance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2011, 07:10 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I guess we will hear tomorrow that Ron Paul HOPEFULLY will be running as a presidential Candidate in 2012. If this country has any last hope, he is it.

NationalJournal.com - Ron Paul Launches Presidential Campaign - Monday, April 25, 2011
Hubby just said he is not running: I don't know where he got his info. Maybe he heard it wrong.

Nita

Old 04-26-2011, 07:59 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,214,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Hubby just said he is not running: I don't know where he got his info. Maybe he heard it wrong.

Nita
He just wrote this on his facebook page. "I launched my 2012 Presidential Exploratory Committee website today. Please take a look and sign up for updates while you are there."

Old 04-26-2011, 08:08 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Rubio!! We need the Hispanic vote!
OMG! Yet another individual who does not know that the "Hispanic" vote isn't monolithic.

For all intents and purposes, IN the "Hispanic" community, Rubio is a Cuban and it'll be a very cold day in hell before a significant amount of Mexican-Americans (let alone all the other "Hispanic" groups that the Miami Cubans have pissed off over the years) vote for Rubio.

It isn't going to happen.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:10 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
I greatly admire Ron Paul and would love to see him as President. He is not electable, however, because he doesn't do television well. That's the reality of political campaigns today.
I dunno.

GWB couldn't speak well and he got elected twice.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:46 PM

9,891 posts, read 10,825,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomJefferson View Post
He demolishes himself if you are foolish enough to believe the garbage that the rest of the GOP spits out.

Dr. Paul knows exactly what America is comfortable with. He also knows he can't do anything without congressional approval.

Listening is learning.
Oh ok what percentage of the vote do you think he will get this time around? Perhaps Paul should listen to what the American people are telling him.......he would learn......not going to happen.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:00 PM

232 posts, read 221,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Oh ok what percentage of the vote do you think he will get this time around? Perhaps Paul should listen to what the American people are telling him.......he would learn......not going to happen.

Who is your candidate and why?

Old 04-26-2011, 10:15 PM

1,034 posts, read 1,244,680 times
He's not electable, too old and he can't sell his own ideas.

The Dems would tear him apart in a general election. I don't mind the guy, I think he has some solid ideas and I like that he isn't afraid to ask the tough questions but he is better off staying out of the race and focusing on making a difference as a congressman.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:19 PM

232 posts, read 221,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoBison View Post
He's not electable, too old and he can't sell his own ideas.

The Dems would tear him apart in a general election. I don't mind the guy, I think he has some solid ideas and I like that he isn't afraid to ask the tough questions but he is better off staying out of the race and focusing on making a difference as a congressman.
If you have your ears open or don't NEED the government for something, his ideas are easily sold.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:25 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
oh..

would love to see it..but it wont happen

to end the fed would need a constituional amendment ratified by the states

he has a better chance of doing something as a rep/senator..a legistlator
Feel free to post an excerpt from the Constitution that authorizes and protects the Federal Reserve.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections