Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 10:38 PM

324 posts, read 877,531 times

Advertisements

We have Ron Paul and Gary Johnson...if not them REMEMBER 1776 !!!!!!!!!!

P.S. i DON'T understand why people think Ron Paul is to radical ! or has EXTREME views. If anything Ron Pauls views reflect HOW AMERICAN SHOULD HAVE ALWAYS BEEN RUN. His views reflect what made America so prosperous in the first place.

I guess there are just to many lazy stupid Americans who will always want someone to run their lives. To many lazy stupid Americans who refuse to learn from history. To many lazy stupid Americans who don't realize the gravity of trouble the country is in...

To the lazy idiots they think this is just something to chatter about on lunch break...people need to realize their LIVES are literally at stake.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2011, 07:03 AM

9,101 posts, read 16,459,190 times
Today he said on CNBC that among the first things he would do as president is STOP SPENDING on wars and would bring the troops home. He said he would VETO BILLS until some good ones were actually introduced. He said it isn't realistic to end the FED but he said they need to be weakened and their ability to print $$ needs to be taken away. He says just by doing the first two things we'd see the dollar and the economy strengthen. Also he pointed out that by exposing the fact that the FED gave 1/3 of the bail-out money to foreign banks was something we never would have found out if there hadn't been pressure to audit the FED.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:13 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
He just wrote this on his facebook page. "I launched my 2012 Presidential Exploratory Committee website today. Please take a look and sign up for updates while you are there."
yep, got it straight later: I am not sure if hubby chose his selective hearing devise or if it is time for the hearing aides.

NIta

Old 04-27-2011, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
I dunno.

GWB couldn't speak well and he got elected twice.
Bush had a littel more support than Ron Paul...He also was better liked. There is a big difference, Bush was not a great speaker by any stretch of the imagination but he spoke to the people and that is what appealed to so many.

Nita

Old 04-27-2011, 07:15 AM

1,138 posts, read 3,347,725 times
Smile 2012 the best man for the job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
I've never put a political sign in my front yard or donated to a campaign, that will change if this is true

I will too! In '08 wanted a sign but it didn't arrive soon enough, plus my hubby thought I was nuts to push Ron Paul. Hubby did not see Ron Pauls' wisdom, but has since realized that this is a blessed, knowledgable and honest man.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silas777 View Post
Oh ok what percentage of the vote do you think he will get this time around? Perhaps Paul should listen to what the American people are telling him.......he would learn......not going to happen.
He will get about twice what he got last time, at the most I am guessing.

Mary, no one is saying he isn't honest and knowledgable but that does not make him electable. Take 10 years away from his age, maybe it would be a little different. Add to that, his views on defense are a little extreme.

Nita

Last edited by nmnita; 04-27-2011 at 07:24 AM..

Old 04-27-2011, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by League54 View Post
We have Ron Paul and Gary Johnson...if not them REMEMBER 1776 !!!!!!!!!!

P.S. i DON'T understand why people think Ron Paul is to radical ! or has EXTREME views. If anything Ron Pauls views reflect HOW AMERICAN SHOULD HAVE ALWAYS BEEN RUN. His views reflect what made America so prosperous in the first place.

I guess there are just to many lazy stupid Americans who will always want someone to run their lives. To many lazy stupid Americans who refuse to learn from history. To many lazy stupid Americans who don't realize the gravity of trouble the country is in...

To the lazy idiots they think this is just something to chatter about on lunch break...people need to realize their LIVES are literally at stake.
That is your opinion and you are welcome to it, but just because you say "it is the way America should have always been run" doesn't make it right.

Nita

Old 04-27-2011, 07:26 AM

1,138 posts, read 3,347,725 times
Wink He's a HERO to me workingclasshero!

Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
dont care about him..he failed

he wanted SO BADLY to be on the financial board so he could 'audit the fed'....

he FAILED

Well he tried and he keeps trying! That's more than anyone of those in office has done. He even took the time to write a book and do speaches about it as well as place posts on his website. He is very much revered and admired for this.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FargoBison View Post
He's not electable, too old and he can't sell his own ideas.

The Dems would tear him apart in a general election. I don't mind the guy, I think he has some solid ideas and I like that he isn't afraid to ask the tough questions but he is better off staying out of the race and focusing on making a difference as a congressman.
He's already sold the idea of auditing the Fed to the entire country. Everyone knows what crooks they are. Before that he sold the idea to the House of Representatives and as a result we have a LOT more transparancy in the Federal Reserve. For starters, we found out that 1/3 of the bailout $$ when to foreign banks! We NEVER would have found that out without Ron Paul.

Ron Paul has had a HUGE influence on the country's thinking ever since before Obama was elected and all throughout the past three years. Don't sell him short!

You can hardly say that ANY of the other potential candidates have had anything CLOSE to the impact that Ron Paul has had.

He's also had INCREASING and REGULAR coverage on TV on the news and he's the ONLY member of Congress the media wants to interview when it comes to economic issues because he is the ONLY one who GETS IT.

Old 04-27-2011, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Run Ron Run!
There's even a T-shirt out already with those words on them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections