Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 09:35 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,420,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
So you don't think that the GOP's lack of a viable candidate is a problem?
I don't think so. Any POTUS as delusional as Obama who seems to think most Americans still support him can be beat by a box marked "anybody but Obama". Even the contributions from foreigners won't help him this time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 09:36 PM

4,919 posts, read 4,838,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
No, I didn't erase your post. For some reason when you quote a post on this board, and that post had something else quoted (as you did with the Bush vs generic Dem), only the part of the post you did not quote shows up. Is the way this board works for some reason.

Anyway, you have seemed to miss my point. Yes both Bushes in 91 & 03 respectively did better than the generic candidate. That is not what I was referring to. What I was referring to is the generic candidate will do better than that party's named candidate.

I used the fact that yes Generic or any Republican leads Obama, when you start naming the Republican whether it be Romney, Bachmann, Palin, Gingrich, Pawlenty, etc, Obama leads. Comprehend now??
Quote:
No, I didn't erase your post. For some reason when you quote a post on this board, and that post had something else quoted (as you did with the Bush vs generic Dem), only the part of the post you did not quote shows up. Is the way this board works for some reason.

Anyway, you have seemed to miss my point. Yes both Bushes in 91 & 03 respectively did better than the generic candidate. That is not what I was referring to. What I was referring to is the generic candidate will do better than that party's named candidate.

I used the fact that yes Generic or any Republican leads Obama, when you start naming the Republican whether it be Romney, Bachmann, Palin, Gingrich, Pawlenty, etc, Obama leads. Comprehend now??
9,000 posts and you still don't know how to isolate sentences and put .. [ quote] [/ quote] around them?

Old 07-14-2011, 09:37 PM

22,194 posts, read 19,479,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
He's behind in a lot of state polls, with the motherload being PA.
Last Quinnipiac poll from PA (mid june) had Romney as the strongest trailing Obama by 7

Old 07-14-2011, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
9,000 posts and you still don't know how to isolate sentences and put .. [ quote] [/ quote] around them?
Oh dear, again you do not comprehend. If you were to reply to a post and part of that post appears in quotes, only the portion of the post not in quotes will appear when you try to reply to it. You would technically need to do a cut and paste job to get the entire post there. Simply doing
Quote:
is not going to be enough when the portion within the quotes doesn't show up when you click to reply with quote.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:41 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,546,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirdik View Post
People who work for minimum wage are usually too young or too dumb to vote.
I guess you have never been to FL.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
I don't think so. Any POTUS as delusional as Obama who seems to think most Americans still support him can be beat by a box marked "anybody but Obama". Even the contributions from foreigners won't help him this time.
Then why when Obama is matched up in a poll against a name Republican candidate does Obama lead in virtually every poll?

Old 07-14-2011, 09:44 PM

9,855 posts, read 10,420,208 times
Quote:
Then why when Obama is matched up in a poll against a name Republican candidate does Obama lead in virtually every poll?
Questionable polling is my guess.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Whatever tickles your ribs.
Lets see named Republican candidates actually leading Obama in a handful of polls, then perhaps we can say it might have some meaning.

Old 07-14-2011, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Questionable polling is my guess.
So Obama leads in virtually every poll due to questionable polling?? EVERY poll is questionable polling?

Old 07-14-2011, 09:46 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,546,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrClose View Post
Why do you want to jump in where you obviously are not qualified to do so?

Let me help you.

I have stated what I posted was researched fact .. correct?

Now .. It's up to you to do your own work!
(you know .. give us something that disputes .. my facts)
except for the fact is that you don't have any facts.

You seem to be the only one that believes they are left leaning. Prove it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections