Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2011, 09:05 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times

Advertisements

Sorry, read the chart wrong. Likely voters actually do prefer Perry but the correct numbers are in the first chart. Bachmann, Palin and Romney are within the margin of error of +/- 4. If Palin doesn't run, Romney has to be sweating it because it's more likely that Perry or Bachmann would pick up her voters.

http://americanresearchgroup.com/pre...rimary/rep/fl/

"Texas Gov. Rick Perry isn't officially a candidate for president, but the Republican leads a new Florida poll for the GOP nomination. Perry, who is likely to make a decision soon on the White House race, leads Republicans with 16% of the Florida vote, according to the survey by the American Research Group. The Texas governor is followed closely by Mitt Romney and Michele Bachmann, who both finished with 15%."

http://content.usatoday.com/communit...-nomination-/1

Last edited by LauraC; 07-27-2011 at 09:16 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2011, 11:13 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,736,454 times
If Perry's is not on record of preaching hate against Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Free-Masons, Muslims, Jews, Seventh Day Adventists or any other non-mainstream religious group, then Perry might have a chance to win. If he has ever publicly spoken out against any of the above and somebody digs it up, even if he gets the Republican nomination, he'll get destroyed in the general election. Same reason Huckabee would never have been electable. So the real question is, has he?

Old 07-29-2011, 09:20 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
If Perry's is not on record of preaching hate against Mormons, Jehovah's Witnesses, Free-Masons, Muslims, Jews, Seventh Day Adventists or any other non-mainstream religious group, then Perry might have a chance to win. If he has ever publicly spoken out against any of the above and somebody digs it up, even if he gets the Republican nomination, he'll get destroyed in the general election. Same reason Huckabee would never have been electable. So the real question is, has he?
Where has he preached this hate? Just because someone is active and supports their particular denomination doesn't mean they preach hatred? I guess it is clear what you do and do not know: Free-Masons have absolutely nothing to do with main stream religion. If they are a religion my entire family and my husbands family are not Methodist, Episcopalians, Christain Sceintists, Lutherans, non denominational, Jews or whatever: they are Free Masons.

Oh and I will add Huckabee is a retired pastor, a little different than someone who attends church regularly. I know about 3 or 4 families in Ga and SO Carolina that would not have supported Huckabee because of his religion but are behind Perry. I think you need to do some research. You are basing your remarks on opinion, not fact. There is a huge difference.

Nita

Old 07-29-2011, 11:42 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
And this all matters how? I mean Florida does not have a record of being the brightest bunch of voters in the Nation, or have you people forgotten the past so soon.
Tie your rope to the Perry bandwagon if you want, just keep in mind it is headed for a cliff. If you are dead set on voting for a viable candidate with an R behind their name get the GOP to nominate Paul, otherwise You Lose in 2012, simple as that.
Casper

Old 07-29-2011, 01:46 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,019,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
And this all matters how? I mean Florida does not have a record of being the brightest bunch of voters in the Nation, or have you people forgotten the past so soon.
Tie your rope to the Perry bandwagon if you want, just keep in mind it is headed for a cliff. If you are dead set on voting for a viable candidate with an R behind their name get the GOP to nominate Paul, otherwise You Lose in 2012, simple as that.
Casper
My prediction: Ron Paul will not be in the race by the time the primaries come to my state. I had two candidates I supported in 2008 that were gone by the time my state voted. I'm going to vote for a governor. If Perry doesn't run, I'll pick another governor. Anybody can have ideas. That doesn't mean you have the know-how to execute them.

Old 07-29-2011, 02:02 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,941,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
My prediction: Ron Paul will not be in the race by the time the primaries come to my state. I had two candidates I supported in 2008 that were gone by the time my state voted. I'm going to vote for a governor. If Perry doesn't run, I'll pick another governor. Anybody can have ideas. That doesn't mean you have the know-how to execute them.
I hope you are incorrect in your prediction, Paul would be the only one that could give Presdient Obama a run for his money. Without Paul in the race the GOP is doomed when it comes to the Whitehouse in 2012. Problem is I do not think the GOP leadership cares, Paul has called them out several times and that will not fly with those controlling who gets the nomination.
Casper

Old 07-29-2011, 02:08 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
I suspect a vote for a governor full of bad ideas like RomenyCare and other big government spending programs and checking with lawyers on what the constitution says about war will be a another wasted vote.
Ron Paul and America doesnt have time to waste votes on those who get elected only to support big government ideas and support Al Gore for PRESIDENT!
I suspect when voting gets to your state Ron Paul will have more money then Perry and not worry about flip flopping on truly constitutional freedom.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:51 AM

996 posts, read 1,897,789 times
Florida is smart.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections