Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 10:38 AM

2,714 posts, read 4,284,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
He's been governor for 11 years. Californians flee to Texas in droves. He must be doing something right.
If by "something" you mean "doing nothing" then yeah I agree with you...

That's the thing-- In Texas we would be successful without Rick Perry, Rick Perry doesn't really do anything to help Texas. I'm serious-- he literally... does... nothing. He has no record of accomplishments.

The economic success of Texas has absolutely nothing to do with Rick Perry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2011, 10:38 AM

32 posts, read 34,013 times
You're right...not doing anything does qualify someone to run for president. Worked for Obama!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclone8570 View Post
Can someone please name 1 thing that Rick Perry has done that helped the state of Texas?

(And no-- don't point to the great economy-- he had nothing to do with that)

I ask because Perry really doesn't do anything here. If not doing anything qualifies one to be president than I guess he is the perfect candidate...

Old 08-10-2011, 11:21 AM

277 posts, read 577,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
He's been governor for 11 years.
A Republican governor in a deep red state for 11 years...what are the odds? Yeah, must be doing something right.

Quote:
Californians flee to Texas in droves. He must be doing something right.
Lemme give you a small history lesson in the housing market. Back in the mid-90's a 2100sqft home in the San Fernando Valley could be had for $150-200k. The housing bubble got so big in California that 10 years later you could sell that house for $600k. Not only was it a great investment, but you could then take a lower-paying job in Frisco because you can now buy a McMansion with cash.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:28 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,957,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I happen to agree with you, but I think he will tone it down soon.

Nita
Uh oh. Nita agrees with me. Maybe I need to rethink my position. Just kidding. I have looked at all of the other candidates and he seems to scare me the least.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:44 PM

1,895 posts, read 3,418,587 times
good gosh people...Rick Perry?? Really??

this guy was campaign chairman for AL FREAKING GORE back in 1988!!! for that alone, i'm out on Mr. Perry...no thanks!

he's got nothing on Ron Paul...

Old 08-10-2011, 12:50 PM

2,714 posts, read 4,284,081 times
Here's an analogy for you:

The Packers won the superbowl this past year. I watched it on TV. Does that mean I can take credit for helping the Packers win the superbowl?

^^ That makes as much sense as Rick Perry taking credit for the good economy in Texas.

Old 08-10-2011, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
good gosh people...Rick Perry?? Really??

this guy was campaign chairman for AL FREAKING GORE back in 1988!!! for that alone, i'm out on Mr. Perry...no thanks!

he's got nothing on Ron Paul...
That was 20 years ago and so what? How does that make him unfit for office?

Old 08-10-2011, 01:21 PM

1,895 posts, read 3,418,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
That was 20 years ago and so what? How does that make him unfit for office?
i don't care if it was 30 yrs ago!! it shows that given the opportunity, he'll change his stance...

you do what you want, but i'm out on Perry...Ron Paul 2012, it's time for a Revolution baby!!

Old 08-10-2011, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugerjitsu View Post
i don't care if it was 30 yrs ago!! it shows that given the opportunity, he'll change his stance...

you do what you want, but i'm out on Perry...Ron Paul 2012, it's time for a Revolution baby!!

I would vote for Paul if he would nominate Kucinich as VP. There is a good chance Paul will not make it 4 yrs. Just saying...

Old 08-10-2011, 02:11 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,954,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
The lunacy on the Right continues to astound. Perry doesn't stand a chance in hell.

Spot on. Their comments on President Obama are always wrong just like their plans for this country. On the hand, the comments slamming Republicans and their candidates are always correct and spot on.
My problem is I do not want to hear any candidate, Repub, Dem or Independent talk about the other guy or gal, tell me what you plan on doing on each major issue, and there are plenty to chose from, and how exactly you plan on accomplishing your goals and ideas. Without that I can only assume they have No ideas and No plans, the only thing they have is mud and they know how to sling it, we already have plenty of those now so I will pass.
Casper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections