Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2011, 04:20 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Uh oh. Nita agrees with me. Maybe I need to rethink my position. Just kidding. I have looked at all of the other candidates and he seems to scare me the least.
I know, once in awhile I have to agree with someone on the other side, even if I haven't been drinking.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2011, 04:22 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,957,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I know, once in awhile I have to agree with someone on the other side, even if I haven't been drinking.

Nita
Go Razorbacks.

Old 08-10-2011, 04:28 PM

Quote:
That was 20 years ago and so what? How does that make him unfit for office?
actually it was more than 20 years ago. I get so tired of that comparison. These concerned about what he did 20 years or more ago don't remember what they may have been doing 25 years ago or thinking at that time. My feeling: anyone who keeps bringing things like this up would not support him no matter what...It is an excuse, cut and dry.

Nitz

Old 08-10-2011, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Go Razorbacks.
Rated in the top 15 which isn't too shabby!! That is another thing we agree on. We can argue Politics all we want, but stick together as we watch our team work their way to a top bowl.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:01 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,957,777 times
Quote:
Rated in the top 15 which isn't too shabby!! That is another thing we agree on. We can argue Politics all we want, but stick together as we watch our team work their way to a top bowl.
Well, I believe Perry is probably an A&M fan. So we are likely going to kick his butt this year.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:33 PM

277 posts, read 577,623 times
Quote:
What are you smoking? In the 1990s a 2100 sq ft house could not be had for anywhere near $150,000. Well maybe in some of the slum areas of SF VAlley, but overall that's crazy. and I will also add, that house you might be referring to a few years ago would have sold for closer to $750,000. My brother lives in Simi Valley, we have friends all over So Calif. We had a home there until 1988.

Nita
Ok, so $250k and sold 10-15 years later for $750k. Doesn't change my point though.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:55 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss yauco View Post
For what I know of this guy, he is just another generic copy of the intolerant right wing extremism that permeates the gop, the only candidate that stands out is Ron Paul, but of course he does not have a chance to get nominated....
Say, do you remember which "intolerant right wing extremist" governor opened his state's arms to 23,000 Louisiana victims of Hurricane Katrina when they had no place to go?

Let me refresh your memory:

“We are all in this together,” Perry said. “We will continue to do what it takes, from offering assistance to offering prayers, to get through this together, as one American Family. As people currently taking refuge in hotels and begin to run short on resources, we expect there will be a growing need for shelters beyond the many we have identified and opened to this date, so we will continue to pursue contingency arrangements,” Perry said. “In the face of such tragic circumstances, we all have to pull together so these families have as much normalcy as possible during these difficult times. “I want stranded families to know the doors of Texas’ public schools are immediately open to your school-aged children,” Perry said. “I also want school leaders to know that we realize this will put a strain on their capacity, so I have asked the Texas Education Agency to work them to make sure they have the textbooks they need, funding for transportation and the free-and-reduced lunch program and class size waivers as needed.”

Office of the Governor Rick Perry - [Press Release] Texas to House Louisiana Refugees in Astrodome

Old 08-10-2011, 11:55 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,299,240 times
What is he going to announce? That his state is going to secede from the United States?

Good luck with that Perry, didn't work out too well the last time some states tried it.

Old 08-11-2011, 05:21 AM

1,895 posts, read 3,418,587 times
Quote:
So I am guessing that you will not be voting in the Presidential elections? Your man won't be there so it is either don't vote or vote for the lesser of two evils. I am happy that you decided not to vote. My vote will not be canceled out by yours. Thanks partner.
i'll do exactly what i did in 2008...i'll write "Ron Paul".

Old 08-11-2011, 05:25 AM

1,565 posts, read 2,452,480 times
Quote:
Just on Politico: it looks like he is going to announce on Saturday in So Carolina...I don't know if any others have posted this yet.

Nita
I don't see the point. everyone already knows that he's gay
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections