Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2011, 10:54 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,481,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
There simply is not enough evidence to believe it.
Biology, archaeology, anthropology, genetics, geology--those disciplines haven't yielded enough evidence to prove evolution.

Whereas some gap-toothed hillbilly rolling around on the floor babbling probably strikes you as totally conclusive evidence of the existence of the holy spirit!

Old 08-19-2011, 10:56 AM

1,365 posts, read 2,609,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
The theory of evolution has ALWAYS had cracks. BIG cracks that have never been solved. This is common knowledge and the reason why many people despite what scientist say, do not believe it.
Hmmmmm, wouldn't have anything to do with people not have the intelligence to understand or at the very least the will to try and educate themselves thoroughly on the subject of evolution? Naaaaaah, couldn't be that.

Old 08-19-2011, 10:56 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Sure it does. The same theory (Creationism) that invalidates abiogenesis also invalidates evolution.
Creationisn is not even an everyday "theory", let alone a Scientific Theory. It's a primitive religious myth.

If you believe in Intelligent Design, why are so many of the designs unintelligent, inefficient and sometimes downright dumb? Was your god that dumb or incapable?

Old 08-19-2011, 10:57 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
They didn't. They taught me real science, that humans and apes have a common ancestor.
Um, the scientific community says you didnt comprehend what you were taught. Shocking..

Species close to the last common ancestor of gorillas, chimpanzees and humans may be represented by Nakalipithecus fossils found in Kenya and Ouranopithecus found in Greece. Molecular evidence suggests that between 8 and 4 million years ago, first the gorillas, and then the chimpanzees (genus Pan) split off from the line leading to the humans;

We EVOLVED from apes, which is the common consenses among scientists.
Quote:
See? You don't even know what evolution is.
Actually its YOU who doesnt understand.
Quote:
I was taught that as well, but I did not belong to a zany literalist fundamentalist cult, so there's no conflict there for me.
So you were taught that we were created in a biological lab as well? Wow, you guys must have been doing drugs those days
Quote:
I am, because they are. They deserve the treatment they get for their willful ignorance, pushy agenda and breathtaking dishonesty.

I see no reason to be polite to liars.
I've listed NUMEROUS highly respected scientists, including Darwin, who believed in creationism as well as evolution. I find this utter disrespect for most of society completely astounding.

Old 08-19-2011, 10:58 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
If anything got evolved, it was God who created everything. He is the complete maker and intelligent designer of everything.. it is much too complex here for all of this to just happen..

Man is still trying to figure out how his body works.. it is that complex.. our brain can't even fathom how intricate we actually are. And to think it all just fell into place. That is like saying a newspaper was created by letters thrown in the air and it landed on paper and made the news of today.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:04 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
If anything got evolved, it was God who created everything. He is the complete maker and intelligent designer of everything.. it is much too complex here for all of this to just happen..

Man is still trying to figure out how his body works.. it is that complex.. our brain can't even fathom how intricate we actually are. And to think it all just fell into place. That is like saying a newspaper was created by letters thrown in the air and it landed on paper and made the news of today.
Do not judge the ability of others to understand complexities by your own inability to do...

Old 08-19-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I've listed NUMEROUS highly respected scientists, including Darwin, who believed in creationism as well as evolution.
Since creationism, in its modern sense, denies evolution, nobody believes in both. You are confusing this with theistic evolution.

Charles Darwin was an agnostic. He was open to the possibility of a creative being but he never affirmed one, nor was it part of his science. But even if he were a devout Christian, science is science and creationism is not science.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
More like billions of grains of sand being blown into a sand dune.

If evolution were supposed to be an immediate process rather than a cumulative one, your newspaper analogy would be a good one, but it clearly is not.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:09 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,617,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Biology, archaeology, anthropology, genetics, geology--those disciplines haven't yielded enough evidence to prove evolution.

Whereas some gap-toothed hillbilly rolling around on the floor babbling probably strikes you as totally conclusive evidence of the existence of the holy spirit!
Your complete lack of any attempt whatsoever to understand our point of view is sad.

Old 08-19-2011, 11:10 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,132,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Um, the scientific community says you didnt comprehend what you were taught. Shocking..

Species close to the last common ancestor of gorillas, chimpanzees and humans may be represented by Nakalipithecus fossils found in Kenya and Ouranopithecus found in Greece. Molecular evidence suggests that between 8 and 4 million years ago, first the gorillas, and then the chimpanzees (genus Pan) split off from the line leading to the humans;

We EVOLVED from apes, which is the common consenses among scientists.

Actually its YOU who doesnt understand.

So you were taught that we were created in a biological lab as well? Wow, you guys must have been doing drugs those days

I've listed NUMEROUS highly respected scientists, including Darwin, who believed in creationism as well as evolution. I find this utter disrespect for most of society completely astounding.
Been down this road many times before.

We evolved from a common ancestor with the apes. The rest is just you playing semantics.

Doubt all you like, science will plod on happily without you.

Creationists are liars. I do not respect liars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections