Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2011, 09:45 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,174,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
How can scientists use science to support an idea that has no physical evidence? Do you even have any clue as to what you're arguing here?

The last paragraph was humorous. Perhaps the biggest copout I've seen in quite a while.
telling me to go prove you are correct becuase you cant do it, is the biggest cop out. Its been tried before.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
Did you even READ the content of what you copied and pasted from that religious site? It was complete non-science rubbish.
I'm waiting for you to attack the facts, not the messenger.
Quote:
If they believed in creationism, at least for that one idea, they most certainly abandoned the scientific process. Sorry, but fame doesn't equate to perfection or always being right.
Nice to see we have super scientific genius jbcmh81 here, who thinks Isaac Newton, Charles Darwin, and dozens of other famous scientsts were wrong.

Tell me, what did YOU prove and what prizes have you won for proving that creationism is wrong and the theory of evolution is no longer a theory, but now a fact. I cant wait for my children to read about you in school

Old 08-19-2011, 09:46 AM

12,711 posts, read 13,491,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
NO ONE educated on the subject will tell you for a FACT, that its a fact, which is why its called a theory.
You missed my quote from Stephen Jay Gould? Or was the world's most famous evolutionary biologist insufficiently up-to-date on the subject?

Old 08-19-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
You haven't read one word of the many posts defining a scientific theory have you?
I indeed have, are you now telling me the definition of theory is wrong as well? Wow, you guys are such geniuses here!!! Now you are telling me dictionaries are wrong.. woo hoo.. thanks for joining the thread!!!

Old 08-19-2011, 09:48 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,622,670 times
Quote:
You are embarrassing yourself. You are probably the least scientific person on the forum.
You just spouted off the typical response. When you don't know how to actually respond, just call 'em stupid!!!!!!!

Can you actually account for the beginnings of the universe? Can you account for the beginning of life? Can you tell me the origins of something as simple as logical absolutes?

17,842 posts, read 14,398,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Where is she wrong? Darwin's theory, or any other theory of evolution, does not prove that gases and minerals can create life, much less complex life forms.
That's NOT what evolution or the Theory of evolution is, so of course it doesn't prove it.

Seriously, what has happened in the American education system? How can there be grown adults who don't know what evolution even is? Or what a scientific theory is?

Quote:
You are embarrassing yourself. You are probably the least scientific person on the forum.
Still waiting for this proof that we evolved from monkeys..

Old 08-19-2011, 09:49 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,622,670 times
Quote:
That's NOT what evolution or the Theory of evolution is, so of course it doesn't prove it.

Seriously, what has happened in the American education system? How can there be grown adults who don't know what evolution even is? Or what a scientific theory is?
It's not a valid theory anyway, why should anyone care?

Old 08-19-2011, 09:49 AM

Quote:
You haven't read one word of the many posts defining a scientific theory have you?
Of course he has, but like a good little Outer Party member he knows how to employ doublethink.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
You missed my quote from Stephen Jay Gould? Or was the world's most famous evolutionary biologist insufficiently up-to-date on the subject?
I happen to own the mans book. Want to tell me what quote, proves we evolved from apes? I'm waiting to hear how a quote, is now deemed evidence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacques View Post
Of course he has, but like a good little Outer Party member he knows how to employ doublethink.
Typical lefty.. Atack other posters and cant discuss the topic. Good boy.. do you need a doggy treat now?

Old 08-19-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Can you actually account for the beginnings of the universe? Can you account for the beginning of life? Can you tell me the origins of something as simple as logical absolutes?
The beginnings of the universe and the beginnings of life are not part of "evolution", by definition.

Logical absolutes are concepts created by an advanced consciousness to categorize things. What metaphysical speculation has to do with evolution is unclear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections