Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2011, 09:07 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,125,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm not at all threatened by science and for you to believe I am, you havent have read my postings which said I'm an agnostic.

Calling something not a fact, because the scientific community says its not a fact, doesnt mean I'm threatened by the results if it is a fact.

There are lots of scientists who use their knowledge of science to strengthen their creationism views. To pretend either one is a fact, and use it as evidence to suggest undeniably proof that the other theory is incorrect, is an outright lie.
You have willfully selected a few random scientists and claim that that must mean it's not accepted as fact, yet you have not acknowledged in the least that the vast, vast majority of people who know better, biological scientists, believe evolution to be an established scientific fact. Why you choose to ignore that I'm not sure, but the only rational conclusion is that you somehow feel threatened by evolution in some way. If you were truly an agnostic, you wouldn't feel particularly compelled to deny it so much.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:08 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,245,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
LOLOLLOL!!!

Your source is called Genesis Park????? And you say you are not religious? Pull the other one....
Thats the best retort you could do? Thats pretty sad.. So if the link went to
Scienceisafactandcreationismisstupid.com, you'd accept whatever they said as a fact? Wow.. you have very low standards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by poletop1 View Post
Do you know what a theory is in scientific context? This idea that something cannot be both a fact or theory or that fact is above theory (ironic considering that a scientific theory must be supported by many facts and explanations for the mechanisms behind these facts) is simply scientific illiteracy.
When do children return to school? No one said its not both a fact or a theory, the question is, is evolution a theory.. YES IT IS..

Old 08-19-2011, 09:09 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,885,521 times
Quote:
They are BOTH theories

And what one did Perry SAY was right? HE DIDNT
Creationism is not a "theory" my friend.

Quote:
A scientific theory must:
-be empirically testable or lead to testable predictions or retrodictions (use present information or ideas to infer or explain a past event or state of affairs)
-make verified predictions and/or retrodictions
-have reproducible results
-have criteria for interpreting data as factual, artifactual, anomalous or irrelevant

A scientific theory must help us understand the nature of our data. Some data may be factual (verify the theory's predictions or retrodictions); some may be artifactual (result of secondary or accidental influences); some are anomalous (valid, but at odds with predictions or retrodictions); some are irreproducable and thus invalid; and some are irrelevant.
Scientific Theories - The Criteria for Science, Scientific Theories

Old 08-19-2011, 09:10 AM

Quote:
Are you high? That makes no sense at all.
Maybe you just dont like others proving you wrong.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
You have willfully selected a few random scientists and claim that that must mean it's not accepted as fact, yet you have not acknowledged in the least that the vast, vast majority of people who know better, biological scientists, believe evolution to be an established scientific fact. Why you choose to ignore that I'm not sure, but the only rational conclusion is that you somehow feel threatened by evolution in some way. If you were truly an agnostic, you wouldn't feel particularly compelled to deny it so much.
HELLO? ANYONE HOME?

NO ONE SAID ITS NOT ACCEPTED AS FACT.. For gods sakes go back and re-read postings and then educate yourself on the difference between something accepted as fact, and then something that IS a fact.

Again with the example
the Theory of evolution says we evolved from monkeys.

Where is the proof this is true? The lack of it IS A CRACK

Old 08-19-2011, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Yes it is..
Definition of theory
  1. idea formed by speculation: an idea of or belief about something arrived at through speculation or conjecture

Old 08-19-2011, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Here is a prime example..

Not one person here has said religion is correct and that evolution is wrong.
Actually, it is implied, but at best you are arguing that creationism is at the same level as evolution and deserves to be taught as science. Therefore, you are arguing that science should not be about evidence, but popular belief systems.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:12 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,415,464 times
Quote:
I didnt change my story at all, evolution was ALWAYS a theory and has been since the beginning of time. Maybe you are starting to comprehend why you were wrong.
Ummm.... no, Evolution has probably been a fact since the beginning of time.

But the Theory of Evolution has only been around for about 150 years. Not "since the beginning of time."

You really can't get your head around the fact that evolution is a fact. And the Theory of Evolution is the explanation of the fact of evolution.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Where did you go to school again? Makes me question your claims of a school success. They DONT leave it at the door no more than a preacher leaves their scientific knowledge at the door when they enter a church.
If these scientists believe in creationism, then they are absolutely abandoning the scientific process to believe in it, because nothing in creationism is supported by actual science.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:14 AM

38,295 posts, read 22,312,017 times
Quote:
Oh good grief. Every post you make shows just how uneducated and willfully ignorant you are.
Where is she wrong? Darwin's theory, or any other theory of evolution, does not prove that gases and minerals can create life, much less complex life forms.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:15 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,630,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
If these scientists believe in creationism, then they are absolutely abandoning the scientific process to believe in it, because nothing in creationism is supported by actual science.
Except the logical process to arrive at it. Science doesn't come close to supporting evolution or abiogenesis, but there are still plenty of half-wits that believe in them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections