Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2011, 08:56 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,061,657 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
I can't believe you continue to argue that Evolution is not theory. Amazing the things they DIDN'T teach in school.
I know, amazing how I accept physical evidence over religious guesswork. If anything, I am a public education success.

Old 08-19-2011, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
There are lots of scientists that use the education found to support evolution, who use this knowledge to strengthen their belief in creationism.

These scientists would ask how evolution was possible without a "creator" to make it all happen.

Just because one happened, it doesnt mean the other one also didnt. Its not an either/or scenario
Wow, so you mean that some scientists are religious? Hey, did you know the sun rose today too?

Why is it surprising to you that there are otherwise intelligent, rationale people who leave it all at the door when it comes to religious views? I thought you were an agnostic?

Last edited by jbcmh81; 08-19-2011 at 09:08 AM..

Old 08-19-2011, 09:00 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,616,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
You would have to understand science to like it, and you don't. You cherry pick whatever scientific beliefs you want to believe. You've seen pictures of a spherical earth, therefore it's easy to accept that science. You've never seen a hominid evolve, therefore it's easy to reject.

The Bible supports a geocentric, flat earth, so it's obvious you're nothing but a cherry picker.
The Bible most certainly does not support a "geocentric, flat earth". The fact that men decided it must be true based on their own observations (not unlike Darwin and his stupid evolution myth) is the issue.

This gets old. It's a common theme among you guys....if you're not able to come up with a real argument you just call us stupid and hope no one notices you're failures. Please try to be more tolerant of others. You'll go farther in life.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:01 AM

Quote:
They indeed can and do teach the bible in school, provided it taught in a historical or literacy context.
Thanks, I know that already. That wasn't the argument.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:01 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strel View Post
Evolution is undeniably a fact. ERVs, FTW.
Here is a prime example..

The theory of evolution says that humans evolved from monkeys. Is there undeniable proof that we have? I dont believe so, and without this evidence, I'd say thats a very big crack, wouldnt you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I know, amazing how I accept physical evidence over religious guesswork. If anything, I am a public education success.
Not one person here has said religion is correct and that evolution is wrong.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:02 AM

1,245 posts, read 2,211,478 times
Quote:
Another theory.

And before you start your typical hate replies, I'm agnostic, therefore I dont believe in creationism, but that doesnt mean evolution isnt a theory as well.

My 10 year old son could tell you its a theory, you dont know that?
Do you know what a theory is in scientific context? This idea that something cannot be both a fact or theory or that fact is above theory (ironic considering that a scientific theory must be supported by many facts and explanations for the mechanisms behind these facts) is simply scientific illiteracy.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:04 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
The scientific community says you are wrong

Is Evolution a Fact? (http://www.genesispark.com/genpark/fact/fact.htm - broken link)

The evidence for the theory of evolution certainly does not qualify it to be called a scientific fact. Indeed, as science has progressed Darwinists have had to retreat completely out of the scientific arena into unfalsifiable positions or resort to contradictory models to deal with special problems. The smorgasbord of competing hypothesis that are left should not even qualify as a scientific theory, much less a fact. Again, ReMine is insightful: "1) Life systematically lacks a pattern of fine-gradations of fossils joining disparate lifeforms together. 2) Life systematically lacks a pattern of clear-cut ancestors and lineages joining disparate lifeforms together. 3) Experimental demonstrations, in the laboratory and in the field, systematically fail to demonstrate a plausible naturalistic origin of our disparate lifeforms. Let me emphasize that these are three separate, independent, failures for evolutionary theory... Any one of these three areas would be sufficient to establish evolution as a fact. Yet the systematic, independent failure of ALL THREE shouts that evolutionary theory is wrong." (From a private correspondence, used with permission, 1999.)

I'm not even a person who believes in creatism and I stand here educating you on why you are wrong anyways
LOLOLLOL!!!

Your source is called Genesis Park????? And you say you are not religious? Pull the other one....

Did you even read what you copied and pasted from that religious site? It proves you don't even know what evolution is.

Last edited by Ceist; 08-19-2011 at 09:20 AM..

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Oh my...the Left is in a frenzy trying to "define" this guy before the nation has a chance to learn about his record.

They must really, really be afraid of him, because they are going full tilt trying to damage him.

Um...yeah....The "theory" of Evolution.

Didn't they teach you this in grade school?
Did they teach you what a scientific "theory" is?

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Wow, so you mean that some scientists are religious? Hey, did you know the sun rose today too?

Why is it surprising to you that there are otherwise intelligent, rationale people leave it all at the door when it comes to religious views? I thought you were an agnostic?
Where did you go to school again? Makes me question your claims of a school success. They DONT leave it at the door no more than a preacher leaves their scientific knowledge at the door when they enter a church.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:07 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,382,736 times
Quote:
Ahh see here we go, with you proving you are wrong. I love this taking place.
If you accept that creationism is a scientific theory, than you are now admitting that evolition is not a fact, but also a theory.

bingo.
Are you high? That makes no sense at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections