Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2011, 09:33 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,119,897 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I don't think anyone is denying that animals evolve and even create different species over time, but to create complex life forms out of base materials over time, out of nothing put pure dumb luck. That might be where people say it's simply an unprovable theory.
Evolution has nothing to do with abiogenesis. Why does that keep getting brought up as an argument against evolution? This is like using the color of the sky as a reason to argue against gravity.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
yes it is a theory. Yes I'm shaking my head in utter disbelief that some of you actually graduated.
Judging the result of your own education, I have no doubt you are in disbelief.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:37 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,236,183 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
I don't care if Darwin immacuately conceived, that doesn't change my point in the least. You will notice that none of these people are remembered for what they believed, but what they could prove. Creationism cannot be proven. Period.
never said it could be, which has me wondering what the hell your point is
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
And thank you for proving beyond a doubt that you don't understand evolution is and you don't understand what the Theory of Evolution is .
Maybe its you who doesnt understand

Tell me what your theory is, that we evolved from trees?
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/e...-draggers.html

Old 08-19-2011, 09:37 AM

Quote:
No thats not at all what I was arguing. In fact I said just the opposite.
I said some scientists use what they learn in science to support their beliefe in creationism.

You are too busy trying to prove other people wrong, that you arent reading what they are saying.

Thats a theory, now where is the proof that we evolved as you described? Google doesnt fabricate evidence for you, even if you wish it did.
How can scientists use science to support an idea that has no physical evidence? Do you even have any clue as to what you're arguing here?

The last paragraph was humorous. Perhaps the biggest copout I've seen in quite a while.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:38 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,412,945 times
Quote:
Thats the best retort you could do? Thats pretty sad.. So if the link went to
Scienceisafactandcreationismisstupid.com, you'd accept whatever they said as a fact? Wow.. you have very low standards.
Did you even READ the content of what you copied and pasted from that religious site? It was complete non-science rubbish.
Quote:

When do children return to school? No one said its not both a fact or a theory, the question is, is evolution a theory.. YES IT IS..
Uhh... you've said all through this thread that evolution is not a fact, and that it's just a theory.

Now you are saying evolution IS a fact as well as a theory? LOL! Well at least you've learnt something, even if you don't understand it.

Evolution itself is not a theory, it's a fact. The Theory of Evolution is a theory.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:39 AM

Quote:
So you are saying Isaac Newton, Louis Pasteur, Blaise Pascal, and other famous scientists are wrong? Wow, thats some ego you got there..
If they believed in creationism, at least for that one idea, they most certainly abandoned the scientific process. Sorry, but fame doesn't equate to perfection or always being right.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Thats because religion is viewed as a "historical" event. You cant change history

We still view Christopher Columbus as the man who discovered america, but we all know thats not true.
The entire basis of religion is the belief in some higher being creating the entire universe. Since none of that is based on science or evidence, and cannot be proven to have happened at all, how is that historical?

Old 08-19-2011, 09:41 AM

6,484 posts, read 6,628,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Evolution has nothing to do with abiogenesis. Why does that keep getting brought up as an argument against evolution? This is like using the color of the sky as a reason to argue against gravity.
Sure it does. The same theory (Creationism) that invalidates abiogenesis also invalidates evolution.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvinist View Post
Sure it does. The same theory (Creationism) that invalidates abiogenesis also invalidates evolution.
You are embarrassing yourself. You are probably the least scientific person on the forum.

Old 08-19-2011, 09:44 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,412,945 times
Quote:
Yes it is..

Definition of theory
  1. idea formed by speculation: an idea of or belief about something arrived at through speculation or conjecture
You haven't read one word of the many posts defining a scientific theory have you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections