Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2011, 08:05 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,851,639 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Of course Ron Paul is an isolationist.
Of course he's not. He's a non interventionist. Trade with all nations entangling alliances with none. Why comment when you do not know his policies.

Quote:
The reason you are not aware of this fact is because you do not know Ron Paul's voting record.
It's funny how often your posts have incorrect info on his voting record.

Quote:
For the last 30 years Ron Paul has voted against every free trade agreement ever introduced, without exception.
There has never been a free trade agreement. Not one. Show me one.
The agreements have been managed trade. The same government that ran our economy into the ground you want managing trade. How destructive.
Calling it Free Trade because of the name. LMAO. What next? Vote for the Patriot Act because it is patriotic?

Quote:
Coupled with the fact that Ron Paul wants the US military pulled out of all foreign nations and located solely in the US by definition makes Ron Paul an isolationist.
It makes him a non interventionist who follows the constitution. He doesn't believe it is the role of the USA to run peoples lives much less other countries. How did those other countries ever make it before we stationed troops there?
All that money being spent overseas that can be put to better use over here. We are less safe than before 9/11. Attacks have stepped up on Americans since then.
So your idea is to continue putting us in harm and keep making managed trade agreements that cost us more.
I'll pass.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2011, 08:07 PM

37,952 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
I suggest it is YOU who does not UNDERSTAND the issues well enough to realize that Ron Paul's voting record and positions are very egalitarian and pro-business -- both foreign and domestic.

With regard to so called "free trade" agreements, don't you realize that they have caused the ruination of our manufacturing sector and job base in this country????????? Ever hear of a guy named Ross Perot who ran for president who warned us that if the "free trade" agreements like NAFTA was passed there would be a "giant sucking sound" we'd hear with corporations leaving this country to relocate abroad and taking jobs with them??? Wasn't he RIGHT about that? So OF COURSE Ron Paul would vote against "free trade" agreements because the free trade agreements ARE NOT ABOUT FREE TRADE and they in no way shape or form are beneficial to this country.

You need to learn that the names of the bills generally indicate the opposite of what the content of the bill actually says. So called "Food Safety" bills have NOTHING to do with food safety for example.
Agreed, 30 second sound bites and reading just the title of the bill are not the answer

Old 09-14-2011, 08:20 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,208,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
That was ignorant, DUMB liar, dubya Bush...and his neo con (men and woman, Condi) fulfilling their ''New World Order'' Agenda. Bush was worse than the current 'guy'....in many, many ways!
Bush sucked, IMHO Bush 2.0 is just as bad.

Quote:
Right hilgi. It never ceases to amaze me how "confused" people get about what constitutes safety. You'd think everyone would agree that first and foremost, you'd need a strong military on your own soil.

Somehow Americans have become confused, maybe starting with the "pre-emptive" attacks on Iraq by GW Bush. They've become brainwashed to think that it is better to have our troops scattered all over the world than to have them here protecting us. They don't bat an eyelash now when Obama sends drones into Libya, Pakistan, Yemen, Syria WITHOUT consulting Congress. It makes you wonder if they have lost all their common sense.
Sadly I don't wonder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i am waiting for the answer on that one.

i guess guarding your OWN borders isn't necessary to be "safe".

i guess it is better to send your soldiers, equipment, and money someplace else.
There is no real answer, only sound bite cheers from their respective teams.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:32 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,449,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Why would someone who doesn't believe in government run for a government position? Doesn't that present a conundrum of sorts...lol?
He is running because he wants to RESTORE it to its former glory. He's running for the same reason someone buys an old Victorian or Colonial home from the 1800s or the 1700s. to fix it up and show it off. You, as a real estate agent, should be able to understand that. Homes back then were built a lot better and had a lot more character just as our Federal Government was.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:37 PM

865 posts, read 675,791 times
Quote:
He is running because he wants to RESTORE it to its former glory. He's running for the same reason someone buys an old Victorian or Colonial home from the 1800s or the 1700s. to fix it up and show it off. You, as a real estate agent, should be able to understand that. Homes back then were built a lot better and had a lot more character just as our Federal Government was.

Careful with those references. Some people who don't understand the economic multiplier effect, business cycle, and might have severe brain damage may actually think "restoring" the nation in our view, is the same as bringing back the wild west.

Old 09-14-2011, 08:41 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,659,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadeInAmerica View Post
is the same as bringing back the wild west.
I thought that's where we are NOW!

Old 09-14-2011, 09:42 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,164,607 times
Quote:

There is no correlation between real estate and government officials except they are both in the toilet right now...lol. Sorry I couldn't help myself.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:33 PM

865 posts, read 675,791 times
Quote:
There is no correlation between real estate and government officials except they are both in the toilet right now...lol. Sorry I couldn't help myself.
Actually, there's quite a bit But yeah, I know what you're trying to say.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:37 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times
Quote:
There is also a massive surplus of each.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:19 AM

5,562 posts, read 5,680,664 times
Its clear that America can not be educated.

If the media told everyone for years the sky is yellow and Paul said it was Blue and showed via history and what we define as blue the people would say he is crazy, and should just go along with the story that the sky is yellow.

This is the America we have government tells you what the story is, you have an emotional attachment to the story and can not let go to find the truth.

The world is full of bad people in this country and around the world.
Ron Paul is defend ourselves let the rest of the world police itself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections