Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2011, 02:24 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,661,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
True. But then they elect as president someone who believes the toothfairy is real and then make public policy according to a book written thousands of years ago about this make believe toothfairy, thus forcing one to live under her proxy rule. It's insanity.
Clearly, if you defend the truth...this is not 'equal ground!'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2011, 02:29 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,585,178 times
Christians who sonehow think the bible tell them to support Israel are wrong. Nowhere in the bible is there any kind or instructions to treat any nation different than any other.

Old 09-21-2011, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Christians who sonehow think the bible tell them to support Israel are wrong. Nowhere in the bible is there any kind or instructions to treat any nation different than any other.
OH, you believe that? What do you think this verse from the Bible means?

Genesis 12:3, which reads, “And I will bless them that bless (Israel), and curse him that curseth (Israel),” as scriptural evidence of the need to support the Jewish state.

Very CLEAR instructions...no doubt!!!

Old 09-21-2011, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
OH, you believe that? What do you think this verse from the Bible means?

Genesis 12:3, which reads, “And I will bless them that bless (Israel), and curse him that curseth (Israel),” as scriptural evidence of the need to support the Jewish state.

Very CLEAR instructions...no doubt!!!
The bible is very clear on the matter that the {Christian} church is the new Israel. The reference you gave is God's covenant with Abram. This is an everlasting covenant with WHO? The bible is very clear on that. The heirs of Abraham that are the heirs of the promise are God's chosen people. The chosen of God are the Christians and no one else. The Jewish people are not the heirs of the promise. The heirs of Abraham are those who believe and are heirs because of their faith. They are spiritual heirs and not physical heirs.

Read the fourth chapter of Romans, the third chapter of Galations and the eleventh chapter of Hebrews if you care to know who the "New covenant"people of God are and who are the heirs of the promises made to Abraham.

Old 09-21-2011, 03:02 PM

Quote:
The bible is very clear on the matter that the {Christian} church is the new Israel. The reference you gave is God's covenant with Abram. This is an everlasting covenant with WHO? The bible is very clear on that. The heirs of Abraham that are the heirs of the promise are God's chosen people. The chosen of God are the Christians and no one else. The Jewish people are not the heirs of the promise. The heirs of Abraham are those who believe and are heirs because of their faith. They are spiritual heirs and not physical heirs.

Read the fourth chapter of Romans, the third chapter of Galations and the eleventh chapter of Hebrews if you care to know who the "New covenant"people of God are and who are the heirs of the promises made to Abraham.
You read >>> 1st John 2:27 - King James Version

That's ALL I need.

Last edited by quality guy; 09-21-2011 at 03:15 PM..

Old 09-21-2011, 03:08 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,865,913 times
You have to keep in mind, when Perry makes his ignorant comments, who he is talking to.

Old 09-21-2011, 03:41 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,173,002 times
Quote:

Not according to the Bible I have studied all of my life. If you believe the New Testament cancels out the Old Testament, what you say still wouldn't be true but that would be the only way to interpret it this way. That is not what all Christians believe...most don't.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Not according to the Bible I have studied all of my life. If you believe the New Testament cancels out the Old Testament, what you say still wouldn't be true but that would be the only way to interpret it this way. That is not what all Christians believe...most don't.
Most are wrong. The new testament of course does not cancel out the old. Jesus Himself said, "I have not come to abolish the law and the prophets, {That refers to the entire old testament}, but to fullfill them. For truely I say unto you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot will pass from the law until all is accomplished".

The problem with Christian theology that thinks that God has some different plan for Israel and the Jewish people than He has for Christians and His church is that they fail to understand what the covenant with the Jewish people was and why it is no longer in effect.

God's covenant with the Jews was centred around the temple, the Aaronic Priesthood, God's commands regarding sacrifices, temple worship and the whole of the Levitical Law.

Since the total distruction of the temple, the loss of the Arc, the loss of the Levitical preisthood and the end of Israel as a Theocracy it's not even possible to practice Judiaism as is described in such amazing detail in the Old Testament.

If you are a bible believing Christian you can't have it any other way and be correct. Jesus said, "I am the way the truth and the Life, No man comes to the father but by Me."

This entire Theology regarding God's plans for His "Other people" is new in Christian history, is wrong and is nothing more than heresy.

Old 09-21-2011, 06:43 PM

10,130 posts, read 19,887,517 times
I just like it that he called out the falsehood of the moral equivalent that Obama pushes (except when he doesn't, in places like Afghanistan.) If you really believe that everyone in the world is equally good, and that each side in any war is equally evil, and that allies should only be allies when you like everything they do.. then we should just go ahead and get out of it all, like Ron Paul espouses.

Only problem is that if we get out of it, we can't rightly complain about who takes over next, can we?

Old 09-21-2011, 10:38 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,173,002 times
Quote:
Most are wrong. The new testament of course does not cancel out the old. Jesus Himself said, "I have not come to abolish the law and the prophets, {That refers to the entire old testament}, but to fullfill them. For truely I say unto you, until heaven and earth pass away, not an iota, not a dot will pass from the law until all is accomplished".

The problem with Christian theology that thinks that God has some different plan for Israel and the Jewish people than He has for Christians and His church is that they fail to understand what the covenant with the Jewish people was and why it is no longer in effect.

God's covenant with the Jews was centred around the temple, the Aaronic Priesthood, God's commands regarding sacrifices, temple worship and the whole of the Levitical Law.

Since the total distruction of the temple, the loss of the Arc, the loss of the Levitical preisthood and the end of Israel as a Theocracy it's not even possible to practice Judiaism as is described in such amazing detail in the Old Testament.

If you are a bible believing Christian you can't have it any other way and be correct. Jesus said, "I am the way the truth and the Life, No man comes to the father but by Me."

This entire Theology regarding God's plans for His "Other people" is new in Christian history, is wrong and is nothing more than heresy.

That would be your interpretation, it is not mine or many other Christians. I am sure our Jewish friends would not agree as a whole either. God's promise to the Jewish people has not been broken. It's the basis for our own beliefs and Christianity.

"I will bless those who bless you...and through you all the people on earth will be blessed." Genesis 12:3.

Who am I to argue with that any more than I would anything else the Bible instructs me to do?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections