Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 09:36 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,953,764 times

Advertisements

IMO Romney is going to win the nomination. Not because of what he has said or his political stance on issues, but because he has been vague and ambiguous.

He is the only candidate that has no definable position on just about anything, and that is the way to go when the current Republican platform is so extreme. He has done a very good job of not alienating people.

The other candidates have simply shown how extreme they are or how moderate they are. Either is a no win situation in the chaos that is republican land.

This is bad for democrats because he is the one with the best chance of beating Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2011, 09:48 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,652,155 times
It's crazy to me that the Republicans are even thinking about another candidate at this point. I guess they still have a few months to rally, and they're having fun playing the field right now, but Romney should be their guy. If they go with someone else, they're going to look back to him with regret as the one who got away.

Old 09-27-2011, 09:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
It's crazy to me that the Republicans are even thinking about another candidate at this point. I guess they still have a few months to rally, and they're having fun playing the field right now, but Romney should be their guy. If they go with someone else, they're going to look back to him with regret as the one who got away.
Hey it is a gift for Democrats if they go with another candidate. It is almost like the put the most far right candidates in the field to make Romney look good. It may backfire on them.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:17 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,173,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
Hey it is a gift for Democrats if they go with another candidate. It is almost like the put the most far right candidates in the field to make Romney look good. It may backfire on them.

Believe me it's not to make Romney look good. For some reason, the far right wants anyone but Romney. They are throwing anything they can find up to see if it sticks. It's making them look rather silly and uninformed IMO, because they keep getting these candidates that are not actually all that conservative on some very key issues.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Believe me it's not to make Romney look good. For some reason, the far right wants anyone but Romney. They are throwing anything they can find up to see if it sticks. It's making them look rather silly and uninformed IMO, because they keep getting these candidates that are not actually all that conservative on some very key issues.
Sure the Tea Party wants the right wing nuts, but who does the Republican party want. Who do people like Karl Rove want. I have no idea if it is a conspiracy or just complete chaos on the Republican side. You would like to say they have a plan. Nothing seems to be sticking to romney he just keeps going under the radar.

Old 09-27-2011, 10:41 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,337,216 times
Quote:
IMO Romney is going to win the nomination. Not because of what he has said or his political stance on issues, but because he has been vague and ambiguous.
Vague and ambiguous? C'mon dude, you gotta pay a little attention if you want to play. I know you like to muddy the waters with simplistic comments, but there's a fine line between simplistic and just stupid.

Here...Policy | Mitt Romney for President

Old 09-27-2011, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Vague and ambiguous? C'mon dude, you gotta pay a little attention if you want to play. I know you like to muddy the waters with simplistic comments, but there's a fine line between simplistic and just stupid.

Here...Policy | Mitt Romney for President

Yes, and I think you crossed that line. I have seen his website. There are no specifics. Just regurgitating of Republican talking points. Cut wasteful spending...which wasteful spending, repeal obamacare...and do what for the problem of lack of insurance and the cost of healthcare, fix social security...how?

Old 09-27-2011, 11:01 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,022,530 times
Mitt is too vanilla.

Old 09-27-2011, 11:03 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,462,476 times
Quote:
Yes, and I think you crossed that line. I have seen his website. There are no specifics. Just regurgitating of Republican talking points. Cut wasteful spending...which wasteful spending, repeal obamacare...and do what for the problem of lack of insurance and the cost of healthcare, fix social security...how?
But I've got a feeling that Romney will continue with the old "rope-a-dope" like that to appear "above the fray" (and dodge the hard questions), while leaving it to the talking heads like Hannity and Limbaugh and such (who've endorsed him), to make the kind of nasty pitch that appeals to the "base".

Old 09-27-2011, 11:13 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,464,038 times
Quote:

He is the only candidate that has no definable position on just about anything, and that is the way to go when the current Republican platform is so extreme. He has done a very good job of not alienating people.

The other candidates have simply shown how extreme they are or how moderate they are. Either is a no win situation in the chaos that is republican land.

This is bad for democrats because he is the one with the best chance of beating Obama.
People don't like his "corporations are people" position as we saw in Iowa.

I think eventually people will realize he is a big Wall Street guy not a Main St guy which won't help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections