Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 11:42 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I wouldn't bet on that. Romney is leading in Iowa now and that is one nobody expected.
Remember it's several months until the primaries begin. Wait till Romney's baggage comes out, and he probably won't make it out of Iowa. He didn't last time around. I think Huckabee won Iowa in 2008. I still say the race is between Romney and Paul. But people are not going to buy Romney's gun control garbage and his support for man-made global warming. No one expected Perry to be exposed and he was supposed to be the Second Coming of Reagan, so we'll have to wait and see. Iowa doesn't elect liberals, and when the public wakes up to Romney's flip-flopping, it's bye bye
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2011, 12:46 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Remember it's several months until the primaries begin. Wait till Romney's baggage comes out, and he probably won't make it out of Iowa. He didn't last time around. I think Huckabee won Iowa in 2008. I still say the race is between Romney and Paul. But people are not going to buy Romney's gun control garbage and his support for man-made global warming. No one expected Perry to be exposed and he was supposed to be the Second Coming of Reagan, so we'll have to wait and see. Iowa doesn't elect liberals, and when the public wakes up to Romney's flip-flopping, it's bye bye

He carried 11 states last time, more than Huckabee actually and he withdrew by February. Of course this year it may be over in January. I don't think gun control will be an issue at all, Romney supports the second ammendment and has made that very clear. They tried this gun control issue last time and it didn't work then either. On global warming, a lot of people realize there is global warming...a lot of Republican voters do also...surprise, surprise. Thinking of Republican voters in such a narrow way is just not accurate any longer.

Old 10-13-2011, 01:24 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
He carried 11 states last time, more than Huckabee actually and he withdrew by February. Of course this year it may be over in January. I don't think gun control will be an issue at all, Romney supports the second ammendment and has made that very clear. They tried this gun control issue last time and it didn't work then either. On global warming, a lot of people realize there is global warming...a lot of Republican voters do also...surprise, surprise. Thinking of Republican voters in such a narrow way is just not accurate any longer.
I never understood why he quit so early. Republican leadership said, we're probably going to loose in 2008, we'll save you for 2012?? dunno.

Old 10-13-2011, 02:46 AM

5,864 posts, read 4,979,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
Romney wont get the nod, no matter what the dems or moderate cons think. of course that might be what the dems want, after all if romney gets the nod, they know he wont win.
Au contraire mon frere, Romney is the only "front running" Republican that has a shot in the general election. Cain's an empty suit that won't last much longer, he's got no money and he's set up no networks in any of the early voting states. Perry's clearly in over his head. Ron Paul would do very good but at the end of the day I'm not sure America would vote for a pure libertarian such as Ron Paul.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:41 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
Quote:
Actually, that is exactly how I see Rick Perry. Added to the fact that he seems very unprepared to be President of the United States. He doesn't even seem all that interested in it really.
If you can tell me the number of times Barack Obama has had to debate after he became President, then I'd worry about Rick Perry's debating skills or lack there of. It's not a skill a President uses until he has to run for re-election. I vote for people based on their experience...and that experience, for example, is not having 23 foster kids, voting "yea or nay" in Congress or being a community organizer.

Old 10-13-2011, 07:24 AM

4,156 posts, read 4,175,096 times
Quote:
Here is a thought...if the GOP kept going after a different candidate to run as their choice...Ryan, Christie, etc. maybe Romney is not the establishment candidate after all. Maybe he is his own person and won't be controlled by the GOP and that is what they aren't crazy about. That makes me like him even more actually. I wasn't crazy about the McCain thing either and I thought the way they went it about it was really dirty, but let's face it...2008 was going to be Obama. They just sacrificed McCain. They knew that unless by some miracle they were not going to win.

It is clear that in order to defeat Obama, we need to nominate Romney. I cannot understand why people would prefer to defeat the GOP in this imaginary war they have going with them, than defeat Obama.
Defeat Obama will not change a damn thing. You need someone would leadership and not flip flop every other days. If Romney is elected, I can guarantee business as usual. If he got elected, he will has to returns favor to his to the "contributors". Which are Wall St, defense industrial, unions, etc. More wars, more bailout, and direct tax payer money to his contributors. He will not do a damn thing for the people.

I am surprise if anyone other than business contributes to his campaign. Would love to see the average contribution for all the candidates.

Old 10-13-2011, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
If you can tell me the number of times Barack Obama has had to debate after he became President, then I'd worry about Rick Perry's debating skills or lack there of. It's not a skill a President uses until he has to run for re-election. I vote for people based on their experience...and that experience, for example, is not having 23 foster kids, voting "yea or nay" in Congress or being a community organizer.
I hate having to hear in every single debate, that Bachmann raised 23 foster kids, and had 50 of her own. It's like nails on a chalkboard, just shut up already, Bachmann, we don't care

Quote:
I know you're left of center, but Romney has a good chance of losing. A lot less people believe in global warming than you think, it's like a cult

Old 10-13-2011, 08:43 AM

1,290 posts, read 2,569,508 times
What absolutely shocks me about this whole pissing contest is just how stupid we the people can really be. Ray Charles could see through Romney's snake oil pitch. The rest are just the same, except maybe not as pretty. That's where Perry was supposed to come in, but stepped all over his own crank and ended his chances. Why, for the love of all that is sacred in this messed up world, would anyone believe a single word that comes out of Mitt Romney's purty mouf?

The one and only, single shining light in this otherwise dark and clouded time, is Dr. Paul. He is the total package. A man among men, and with balls enough to stand tall against any form of government intervention in not only your personal liberty, but also economic control and foreign policy. A vote for anyone other than Ron Paul is admission that you are afraid of liberty, unable to survive on your own, and merely another loyal subject to the crown of thieves in Washington, DC. The right choice is almost never the easy choice, and it is quite often the unpopular choice. Herman Cain may be popular now, but where was he 20, 30 years ago when Ron Paul was questioning the operations of the Federal Reserve? Oh that's right, he was collecting a check from the Fed. Wake up people! Why not Freedom???

Old 10-13-2011, 08:51 AM

28,098 posts, read 29,963,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I just wish the Republicans would quit and just admit, all their candidates are failures and just let Ron Paul run. The Mormon is not going to be nominated, especially when the Southerners and Midwesterners find out he's anti-2nd amendment, pro AGW, etc in addition that he lost last time specifically because he's a Mormon. All the rest are just flavors of the month that are hyped up and turn out to be frauds and empty suits. Ron Paul is the only one that's left after you factor out everyone that has excessive political baggage, except maybe Rick Santorum.
And I just wish people would stop calling all of the candidates except one by their names and calling one of them by his religion. People would call you bigoted if you called all of the candidates but Cain by their names and called him "the black guy."

Old 10-13-2011, 08:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
And I just wish people would stop calling all of the candidates except one by their names and calling one of them by his religion. People would call you bigoted if you called all of the candidates but Cain by their names and called him "the black guy."
I call Cain the Magic Negro where have you been? I also call him flavor of the month, as well as the rest of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections