Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 09:36 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,665,473 times

Advertisements

Originally Posted by quality guy
LauraC, the kind of sapient insight you have expressed in your above post....just flew far over the heads and minds of the majority of these sycophant fanatic Romney supporters!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
But, I'm not making a point about Romney. I'm making a point about the urban Republican elite media in the NY/DC corridor. Romney just happens to be their sweetheart (now) after every other guy they begged to run said "no."
Nevertheless, I'm 'on point'....with my point!

Last edited by quality guy; 10-17-2011 at 09:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2011, 09:43 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,068,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
How can this surprise you? Do you know who owns the WSJ?

Rupert Murdoch owns the WSJ and Fox News. They tell you what they want you to hear, and they are constantly telling you (subliminally and otherwise) how you should think and vote.

Consider yourself lucky: looking at Ann Coulter is enough to make anybody nauseous. Listening to her should send you into tonic-clonic seizures.
I don't care about all of that rich guy corporate BS. It's the conservative elite Republican national media in the NY/DC area that wags their finger at the rest of us in the country that steams me. How could anyone not see that Romney was dog meat while they wooed all of the NY/DC area guys and it's only when they ran out of NY/DC people to ask to run that he became the sweetheart they settled for and are now trying to sell the rest of us on?

Re: Ann Coulter, I guess I don't notice her looks. She just majorly disappointed me.

Old 10-17-2011, 09:57 PM

Quote:
I don't care about all of that rich guy corporate BS. It's the conservative elite Republican national media in the NY/DC area that wags their finger at the rest of us in the country that steams me. How could anyone not see that Romney was dog meat while they wooed all of the NY/DC area guys and it's only when they ran out of NY/DC people to ask to run that he became the sweetheart they settled for and are now trying to sell the rest of us on?

Re: Ann Coulter, I guess I don't notice her looks. She just majorly disappointed me.
Of course, you're correct, LC....and that fact just exposes as clear proof ...the sham phoniness of the Republican 'powerbrokers!'

Old 10-17-2011, 10:03 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,185,078 times
Quote:

I really wouldn't say that Romney is their 'sweetheart' then, would you? Imagine how he must feel with them all running around begging people like Chris Christie to run, when he has far more executive and business experience. Also, Chris Christie is no less moderate than Romney. Romney should just tell them all to kiss his behind.

Old 10-17-2011, 10:08 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,777,779 times
Lovin' this thread. You all bicker more than Democrats!

Old 10-17-2011, 10:09 PM

''Re: Ann Coulter, I guess I don't notice her looks. She just majorly disappointed me.''

Coulter is irrelevant! She is a political 'Paris Hilton'...fluff, but no substance.

Old 10-17-2011, 11:06 PM

18,665 posts, read 19,993,573 times
Unlike the TP, AC can count to 2-7-0.

Old 10-18-2011, 08:53 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,068,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
I really wouldn't say that Romney is their 'sweetheart' then, would you? Imagine how he must feel with them all running around begging people like Chris Christie to run, when he has far more executive and business experience. Also, Chris Christie is no less moderate than Romney. Romney should just tell them all to kiss his behind.
He might except he wants their money.

Old 10-18-2011, 10:35 AM

8,754 posts, read 10,185,078 times
Quote:
He might except he wants their money.

It takes a lot of money to run a campaign. Last time he put a lot of his own money in to run. He is not really an insider in the GOP though, which is why they kept looking for somebody else that was.

Old 10-18-2011, 05:40 PM

Tonight's Debate is on same time as DWTS's show. hmmm....might have to check on JR and Karina ...and ignore all the bad candidates running their mouths

After all, I am a 'Little child!'
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections