Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2011, 11:22 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,060,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
If anything I'd say Ron Paul's ideals have had a tremendous influence on the current candidates and congressman in recent years. Who's ideas do you think the Tea Party movement came from? Now I hear last night from Romney that "Ron Paul is right" we need to cut spending, need to eliminate government footprint, balance the budget, let states decide issues....I almost did a backflip when I heard Romney talking about Dodd-Frank.
Sorry but the starve the beast small government push has been around a lot longer than Ron Paul or the Tea Party neither of whom originated the concept. If anything Paul and the Tea Party are Johnny-Come-Lately's to that party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 11:22 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,568,492 times
Some Ron Paul statements I just got off his videos.

Ron Paul says the problem is too much bipartisanship, not too little.

Young people give 10% of their income to the gov't, then opt out.

Gov't should not be able to do anything that you cannot do. If you can't steal from your neighbor, don't ask the gov't to do it for you.

We have turned Iraq into Shiite country, which is Iranian.
Taliban is just trying to defend their country. When we kill their families, we give them more reason to hate us, thus put ourselves in danger.

We start wars, pre-emptive wars, and call that peacemaking.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:27 AM

25,231 posts, read 16,944,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Some Ron Paul statements I just got off his videos.

Ron Paul says the problem is too much bipartisanship, not too little.

Young people give 10% of their income to the gov't, then opt out.

Gov't should not be able to do anything that you cannot do. If you can't steal from your neighbor, don't ask the gov't to do it for you.

We have turned Iraq into Shiite country, which is Iranian.
Taliban is just trying to defend their country. When we kill their families, we give them more reason to hate us, thus put ourselves in danger.

We start wars, pre-emptive wars, and call that peacemaking.
Wow, always interesting to see a right-winger defend Terrorists and enemies of this Nation, make me wonder how far the right is willing to go to gain power, no, not really, I already know.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:29 AM

272 posts, read 208,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Wow, always interesting to see a right-winger defend Terrorists and enemies of this Nation, make me wonder how far the right is willing to go to gain power, no, not really, I already know.
Pointing out the facts is not defending the terrorists. you're not making any sense here.

Old 10-19-2011, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gametime View Post
Pointing out the facts is not defending the terrorists. you're not making any sense here.
When it comes to the Facts, especially when discussing the Taliban, it is obvious some don't have any Facts Are you defending the "Freedom Fighter Taliban" also, just want to know so we know if you are for America or for the Terrorists?

Old 10-19-2011, 12:45 PM

Quote:
When it comes to the Facts, especially when discussing the Taliban, it is obvious some don't have any Facts Are you defending the "Freedom Fighter Taliban" also, just want to know so we know if you are for America or for the Terrorists?
I only defend me and my family. I could care less what Clinton, Bush or Obama has done or is doing. I'm like you, just a zombie paying taxes.

Old 10-19-2011, 12:56 PM

Quote:
I only defend me and my family. I could care less what Clinton, Bush or Obama has done or is doing. I'm like you, just a zombie paying taxes.
Then it is obvious you have never served in the military, police, fire department, EMT or in any hospital, since you are only selfserving, I have done two of the above. You should care what they do, it affects You and Your Family in many ways. No zombie here and I fight them whenever I get the opportunity. Taxes, I want flat tax for all, NO loopholes, no deductions, the only Fair form of tax for all Ameicans.

Old 10-19-2011, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Then it is obvious you have never served in the military, police, fire department, EMT or in any hospital, since you are only selfserving, I have done two of the above. You should care what they do, it affects You and Your Family in many ways. No zombie here and I fight them whenever I get the opportunity. Taxes, I want flat tax for all, NO loopholes, no deductions, the only Fair form of tax for all Ameicans.
No thanks. I worked my butt off all my life only to look up and this coward Obama is ruining the economy and the country. I'm tired of convincing idiots that a usurper is in the White House. So I think I'm just gonna put all my cares on Obama, just like the rest of the world. He's America's savior if you ask his followers, everything is peachy, so let's see how that works out since nobody in America wants to get things fixed.

I'll be in the minority but I'm still voting for Ron Paul. just for sanity sake.

Old 10-19-2011, 01:41 PM

Quote:
No thanks. I worked my butt off all my life only to look up and this coward Obama is ruining the economy and the country. I'm tired of convincing idiots that a usurper is in the White House. So I think I'm just gonna put all my cares on Obama, just like the rest of the world. He's America's savior if you ask his followers, everything is peachy, so let's see how that works out since nobody in America wants to get things fixed.

I'll be in the minority but I'm still voting for Ron Paul. just for sanity sake.
Ramble much? What on earth did that have to do with your or my previous posts? On nevermind it was obvious from the begining you had already made up yours and as with most on the right are only selfserving, jeeez you guys are so predictable.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Ramble much? What on earth did that have to do with your or my previous posts? On nevermind it was obvious from the begining you had already made up yours and as with most on the right are only selfserving, jeeez you guys are so predictable.
you said to me, that I should care. that's when I responded "no thanks...."

I'm done caring. nobody else seems to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections