Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2011, 04:19 PM

1,458 posts, read 1,398,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Cain ran for Senator in 2004 and President in 2000 - where were these leeches then?
Who knows? Everyone seems a bit weird in this issue. Cain personally informed his campaign manager of the "issues" back in the 2004 campaign. At the beginning of this issue cycle, he didn't know anything. He did leave the NRA shortly after the agreement was signed by whomever.

Now we have this new woman. A picture comes out of her with him not long ago at a Tea Party event. She hugged him, and whispered something in his ear. This is the same woman he stated today he does knot know her, didn't recognize her.

It would appear that memory is not his strong suit

And still, to this day, nobody has ever looked into his role and performance in business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2011, 04:20 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Cain is burnt toast.

Old 11-08-2011, 04:22 PM

730 posts, read 827,986 times
lol people have been saying cain is done for 2 months now.

Old 11-08-2011, 04:26 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,013,481 times
The only thing he didn't say in the Press Conference is, "Newt, why don't you go first?" (reference to Cain's debate with Gingrich last weekend. He deferred to Gingrich every time he apparently needed time to think of an answer.)

He can stand on his head and whistle the theme song to the Partridge Family, accompanied by a choir of nuns. I'm not voting for someone who wants me to pay a national sales tax AND an income tax

Old 11-08-2011, 04:26 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady's Man View Post
lol people have been saying cain is done for 2 months now.
Even the RW Nuts aren't going to go for this guy much longer.

Old 11-08-2011, 04:30 PM

910 posts, read 1,676,750 times
He handled that very poorly.

Old 11-08-2011, 04:45 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,388,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall_Rep View Post
Another lib ready to believe a bimbo who claims she was ASSAULTED 14 years ago...oh...but never filed charges.

Why is it that you couldn't give Mr. Cain the benefit of that doubt? Oh...yes.....of course...you are a liberal. LOL!!!

Way to be partisan in your 'objectivity'. [insert eyeroll icon here]
Couldn't find the "eyeroll" icon?

I have my suspicions about Cain and his history with women, just based on what I've heard so far. But I'm not ready to "believe" anyone yet. Haven't heard enough evidence.

Cain might have been entitled to the benefit of a doubt, if his reaction to this situation hadn't been so spastic. Politico reportedly gave the Cain campaign a 10 day heads-up that this story was going to come out. And THIS is how they respond???? . Guess it's a good thing it's just a harrassment complaint, and not a nuclear showdown with Iran or something. If Cain's a boob, better we find out now.

Cain was never going to be the GOP nominee anyway, so this is all kind of academic. But it makes for good political theater, takes the heat off Perry so he can regroup, makes Romney look like a plausible president by contrast (at least for now).

And, who knows- maybe a serial liar and harrasser is going to get what's coming to him. Better late than never

Old 11-08-2011, 04:49 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,660,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The only thing he didn't say in the Press Conference is, "Newt, why don't you go first?" (reference to Cain's debate with Gingrich last weekend. He deferred to Gingrich every time he apparently needed time to think of an answer.)

He can stand on his head and whistle the theme song to the Partridge Family, accompanied by a choir of nuns. I'm not voting for someone who wants me to pay a national sales tax AND an income tax
Hey Laura,

Old 11-08-2011, 04:54 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,137,483 times
Default Bill Kurtis (CBS, Cold Case Files, American Justice) Says Bialek Former CBS employee has a History...

http://wlsam.com/FlashPlayer/default.asp?SPID=16521&ID=2329023

Now I realize ive gone back and forth on this and most recently called for Cain to step down.

Bill Kurtis who has worked at CBS, said he was getting an "earful" about this woman's history from CBS employees who knew her.

Who knows... I piled on Cain in another thread but its hard to not put myself in his shoes, if he is innocent. I dont know how you I would deal with it to an widely acceptable manner, these type of accusations. How do you prove your innocence?

Im sure more will come to light on some of this and maybe we'll learn more about the accuser.
For her to come forward after so long of silence with the type of graphic accusations just doesnt seem right to me.

I just wish it would end. Im sick of hearing about it. I want to know the truth but I dont think we'll ever know. One side would have to cave.

Old 11-08-2011, 05:22 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,841,368 times
Maybe he did it, maybe he didn't. It sure is a convenient method of knocking a candidate down without it being called racist however, and that has me questioning this more than anything. Almost a "perfect crime" scenario in a political sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections