Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2011, 08:38 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,568,864 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Really? I looked and didn't see anything. Please provide a link and maybe the Mods will combine them...or delete the thread I started.
All you have to do is look a bit harder. Check under elections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2011, 08:39 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times
Quote:
Two Women Accused Herman Cain Of Inappropriate Behavior

"During Herman Cain's tenure as the head of the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s, at least two female employees complained to colleagues and senior association officials about inappropriate behavior by Cain, ultimately leaving their jobs at the trade group, multiple sources confirm to POLITICO.

The women complained of sexually suggestive behavior by Cain that made them angry and uncomfortable, the sources said, and they signed agreements with the restaurant group that gave them financial payouts to leave the association. The agreements also included language that bars the women from talking about their departures."

I'm guessing Herman Cain is dead meat now!
Bill Clinton survived worse than any of this and he did the deed that caused his impeachment. His acts weren't anywhere near that old and in reading this source I saw that the two women weren't allowed to talk. Now where did Politico get their early information if not from them? I think he can wiggle out of this one unless the establishment Republicans manage to make it worse for fear he will beat Romney. Oh yeah, establishment like Boehner and McConnell.

Old 10-30-2011, 08:40 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,290,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Bill Clinton had out of marriage sex in the Oval Office with a woman in a blue dress and then lied about it under oath.
I wish what you say were true but it was not Monica that he actually got in trouble for diddling. His problem was named Paula along with many others.

Old 10-30-2011, 08:41 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,231,983 times
allegations? And yet they took a payoff? Its common for big business to do a payoff. Its cheaper than proving no wrong doing and a lot less public.
Add to the mix deep pocket mentality jurists. Prime example the woman that sued McDonalds over hot coffee.The sad thing is it happens about everyday. Ever wonder why ladders have so many warning stickers? Each one represents a lawsuit by idiots who needed to be told not to stand on the top rung. LOL

Old 10-30-2011, 08:42 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,454,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pommysmommy View Post
Bill Clinton had out of marriage sex in the Oval Office with a woman in a blue dress and then lied about it under oath.

Oh yes, while he was our Presdient, oh and it was no big deal too anyone, appears Hillary did not care that much.

And Clinton was not a candidate but our sitting President, who also liked to play footies under the desk, with a certain intern.
He asked for forgiveness and was forgiven, appears forgiveness is for some but not others.

Old 10-30-2011, 08:44 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,395,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Those are more like the tactics of the DNC...remember Clarence Thomas??? The GOP had nothing to do with that.
Doesn't mean that the GOP won't do it, Dixie. Face it, the GOP is desperate now. All their candidates are underperforming and the last thing this bigoted party wants is to have a black man as its presidential nominee. Not going to happen. Hence, my theory.

Besides, Dems have no reason to do this since it's obvious by all but the most enlightened that none of the GOP candidates can beat this great President.

The only similarity between Thomas and Cain are that both are exceptional symbols for the 800 lb gorilla in the room that is this country's biggest problem: Race and racial prejudice against blacks.

Old 10-30-2011, 08:44 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,398,078 times
Quote:
Two Women Accused Herman Cain Of Inappropriate Behavior

"During Herman Cain's tenure as the head of the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s, at least two female employees complained to colleagues and senior association officials about inappropriate behavior by Cain, ultimately leaving their jobs at the trade group, multiple sources confirm to POLITICO.

The women complained of sexually suggestive behavior by Cain that made them angry and uncomfortable, the sources said, and they signed agreements with the restaurant group that gave them financial payouts to leave the association. The agreements also included language that bars the women from talking about their departures."

I'm guessing Herman Cain is dead meat now!

What is sexually suggestive behavior?

Is that like wearing a push-up bra to work?

Or is it more like telling kindergarten kids stories about homosexual penguins?

Old 10-30-2011, 08:47 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,478,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
All you have to do is look a bit harder. Check under elections.
It may be relevant to Elections, but it is also very relevant to Politics and Other Controversies too. I like what I posted to remain here... Thanks for trying though...

Old 10-30-2011, 08:48 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,173,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Doesn't mean that the GOP won't do it, Dixie. Face it, the GOP is desperate now. All their candidates are underperforming and the last thing this bigoted party wants is to have a black man as its presidential nominee. Not going to happen. Hence, my theory.

Besides, Dems have no reason to do this since it's obvious by all but the most enlightened that none of the GOP candidates can beat this great President.

The only similarity between Thomas and Cain are that both are exceptional symbols for the 800 lb gorilla in the room that is this country's biggest problem: Race and racial prejudice against blacks.

Cain would have been on the short list for vice president, if he didn't get the nomination. The Obama campaign did not want to run against another black man...it waters down the race card and splits up the black vote.

Old 10-30-2011, 08:49 PM

1,258 posts, read 2,312,825 times
I believe he is sleezy enough to have done something like this...But really who cares...Slick Willy got away with it, and Cain is a freak show anyway. Do you really think anyone in their right mind is scared of him? He would be one of the biggest blessings the incompetent democrats could ever get, he would push this country so far to the left...Its a wet dream for the democratic party if Bachmann, Cain, or Perry get the nomination!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections