Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2011, 10:22 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,462,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by highcotton View Post
Two Women Accused Herman Cain Of Inappropriate Behavior

"During Herman Cain's tenure as the head of the National Restaurant Association in the 1990s, at least two female employees complained to colleagues and senior association officials about inappropriate behavior by Cain, ultimately leaving their jobs at the trade group, multiple sources confirm to POLITICO.

The women complained of sexually suggestive behavior by Cain that made them angry and uncomfortable, the sources said, and they signed agreements with the restaurant group that gave them financial payouts to leave the association. The agreements also included language that bars the women from talking about their departures."

I'm guessing Herman Cain is dead meat now!
Was Bill Clinton dead meat after Monicagate?

Was Kennedy dead meat after Marilyn?

Was Barney Frank dead meat after his apartment was used as a gay brothel?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2011, 10:27 PM

7,006 posts, read 6,998,053 times
Yawn.

Next.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:29 PM

9,949 posts, read 8,857,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmjv View Post
Herman Cain certainly can't live without it
I'll never understand why liberals fear any black man of superior intellect. Put Herman Cain in any Detroit housing project, remove all of his success and business knowledge then force him to blindly vote Democrat... you guys would be falling over each other to shake his hand.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:33 PM

14,100 posts, read 28,544,430 times
Wow, liberals chiding someone doe alegations of sexual harassment when they defended one of their favorite presidents against charges of rape and multiple cases of sexual harassment.

Old 10-30-2011, 10:54 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,395,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
Cain would have been on the short list for vice president, if he didn't get the nomination. The Obama campaign did not want to run against another black man...it waters down the race card and splits up the black vote.
I have to disagree. The "race card" is ever-present and an incredibly powerful topic that represents a thorn in the neck of bigots everywhere whenever the racial aspect of every situtation is commented on. Make no mistake about it, race is involved in every single aspect of our being and in every transaction. IMO, it can't be "watered down."

About splitting up the black vote, simply because Cain is black doesn't mean that blacks will vote for him. He first has to get nominated by a party that has nothing but disdain for people who look just like him. I don't think this will happen. If it does happen, Cain still represents an ideology that is insensitive to blacks, pretends as if racism doesn't exist to the detriment of blacks even while practicing racism, and supports the rich who as a group are opposed to the inclusion of blacks as equals. Cain of course represents the exception to this latter point, but that doesn't give him a mandate to represent the interests of blacks who the GOP typically has disdain for. In a contest between Cain and Obama, Obama easily prevails because the ideology that Cain favors has more in common with that of the Klan than it does not. Tremendous edge to the President.

With Cain running against Obama, you have to worry about the white Southern vote. It will split between those who don't vote because they could "never vote for a black man" and those who simply vote the party line no matter who the candidate is. With Cain on the ticket, I say the turnout among white GOP voters will not be advantageous to the GOP, making it possible for Obama to take many of the southern states that were previously borderline red states.

IMO, the GOP also does not want Cain on the ticket simply because doing so will not help get the black vote. A black man on the ticket as GOP VP can't hide the fact that the GOP as a party stinks, and strives to work to the detriment of most black people in this country. Better to have a woman on the ticket as VP, and I'm not talking about Bachmann or Palin. It has to be someone far more credible, more moderate, and not associated in the least with the tea party branch of the GOP.

You make some good points, Dixie. I just don't agree.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:10 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,070,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailordave View Post
Wow, liberals chiding someone doe alegations of sexual harassment when they defended one of their favorite presidents against charges of rape and multiple cases of sexual harassment.
Liberals?

Who stands to more to gain from Cain's downfall, Obama or either or Perry, Romney?

Herman, welcome to the big leagues.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:15 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,173,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
I have to disagree. The "race card" is ever-present and an incredibly powerful topic that represents a thorn in the neck of bigots everywhere whenever the racial aspect of every situtation is commented on. Make no mistake about it, race is involved in every single aspect of our being and in every transaction. IMO, it can't be "watered down."

About splitting up the black vote, simply because Cain is black doesn't mean that blacks will vote for him. He first has to get nominated by a party that has nothing but disdain for people who look just like him. I don't think this will happen. If it does happen, Cain still represents an ideology that is insensitive to blacks, pretends as if racism doesn't exist to the detriment of blacks even while practicing racism, and supports the rich who as a group are opposed to the inclusion of blacks as equals. Cain of course represents the exception to this latter point, but that doesn't give him a mandate to represent the interests of blacks who the GOP typically has disdain for. In a contest between Cain and Obama, Obama easily prevails because the ideology that Cain favors has more in common with that of the Klan than it does not. Tremendous edge to the President.

With Cain running against Obama, you have to worry about the white Southern vote. It will split between those who don't vote because they could "never vote for a black man" and those who simply vote the party line no matter who the candidate is. With Cain on the ticket, I say the turnout among white GOP voters will not be advantageous to the GOP, making it possible for Obama to take many of the southern states that were previously borderline red states.

IMO, the GOP also does not want Cain on the ticket simply because doing so will not help get the black vote. A black man on the ticket as GOP VP can't hide the fact that the GOP as a party stinks, and strives to work to the detriment of most black people in this country. Better to have a woman on the ticket as VP, and I'm not talking about Bachmann or Palin. It has to be someone far more credible, more moderate, and not associated in the least with the tea party branch of the GOP.

You make some good points, Dixie. I just don't agree.

I understand that most blacks will still vote for a Democrat. More would vote for Cain than they would any other candidate that is running though. As far as the southern vote, I can see that to some extent, but oddly enough Cain is very popular in places I never dreamed he would be. He was in Alabama this weekend, probably one of the most predjudiced states in the south besides Mississippi and he is wildly popular there. They seem to love Cain in the south. i don't know what will shake out from this, but I am hearing that the Cain camp was expecting it to come out.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:53 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,173,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Was Bill Clinton dead meat after Monicagate?

Was Kennedy dead meat after Marilyn?

Was Barney Frank dead meat after his apartment was used as a gay brothel?

They are/were Democrats, Cain is a Republican...two totally different standards.

Old 10-30-2011, 11:59 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,296,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
They are/were Democrats, Cain is a Republican...two totally different standards.
Correction, Cain is a right wing Republican.

For the Christian Right, any Presidential candidate who isn't a gun toting bible thumping flat earther is considered a Muslim Marxist.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:11 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,257,449 times
It this surprising? Typical conservative bible-banging preacher.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections