Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2011, 09:26 AM

7,871 posts, read 10,136,221 times

Advertisements

Meh it won't matter.

He's too likeable for this to have any real impact, and sooner or later when people start thinking about actually having Cain in the Oval Office, they'll vote for someone else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 09:28 AM

3,826 posts, read 3,390,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Bill Clinton survived worse than any of this and he did the deed that caused his impeachment. His acts weren't anywhere near that old and in reading this source I saw that the two women weren't allowed to talk. Now where did Politico get their early information if not from them? I think he can wiggle out of this one unless the establishment Republicans manage to make it worse for fear he will beat Romney. Oh yeah, establishment like Boehner and McConnell.

These woman are about to get sued into to poor house if they violated the non-disclosure agreement that they signed to make these false allegations go away.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:06 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,437,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
allegations? And yet they took a payoff? Its common for big business to do a payoff. Its cheaper than proving no wrong doing and a lot less public.
Add to the mix deep pocket mentality jurists. Prime example the woman that sued McDonalds over hot coffee.The sad thing is it happens about everyday. Ever wonder why ladders have so many warning stickers? Each one represents a lawsuit by idiots who needed to be told not to stand on the top rung. LOL
Exactly....it's all about what's the cheapest way to settle the dispute. I've been personally sued twice and in both cases, there was no wrong doing on my part....some of the other defendants named were liable and they settled out of court. That didn't remove my name from the law suit though and the plaitiff's attorney won't offer to remove it either. Why...because my legal defense was supplied by the insurance company I had liability coverage through and the plaintiff's attorney knows they're going to get a token settlement out of my liability company as to drop my name from the suit. In both cases it was $5,000 ($2,500 of which I had to pay because of my deductible). Rather than them spending another dime paying an attorney to continue to defend me and prove no wrong doing on my part, they (and me as a result) get out of the suit for 2,500 dollars more on their part...way less than continuing to pay for my attorney.

As far as Cain not denying anything....he probably can't say anything about the allegations...just like the women can't either. The National Restuarant Association's liabiliy company would have handled it and Cain just like the two women, were the employees that were involved. They all would have signed off not to talk about it.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:10 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,462,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
All of the above involve WILLING partners.

Cain is being accused of sexual harassment.....that means the women involved were not willing partners.

BIG DIFFERENCE!

BTW....When you brought up Clinton, Kennedy and Frank's sexual escapades.....you forgot to include Rev. Martin Luther King Jr's.
Was Gennifer Flowers a WILLING PARTICIPANT!?

HELL NO SHE WASN'T!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gennifer_Flowers

How about PAULA JONES?

Was SHE a WILLING participant???

How about Juanita Broddrick?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juanita_Broaddrick

How does a sealed order with anonymous victims tank a campaign?

Those women are going to have to come forward and blow their own cover in order for this story to have any wings at all.

How about Obama lying about his mother's cancer treatments not being PAID BY HER INSURANCE COMPANY which was a TOTAL FABRICATED LIE he put in his book!

Does that tank a presidency?

Anybody can be accused of sexual harassment and companies typically pay for the problem to go away instead of it becoming a huge court case.

I would like to know if those same women got payouts at other companies they worked for after.

Old 10-31-2011, 10:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buddy5 View Post
He did not have sex . . . .
with that woman . . . .
Monica Lewinski.
Nope.....it was more like this, "I did not have sexual relations with that woman".

Old 10-31-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
All of the above involve WILLING partners.

Cain is being accused of sexual harassment.....that means the women involved were not willing partners.

BIG DIFFERENCE!

BTW....When you brought up Clinton, Kennedy and Frank's sexual escapades.....you forgot to include Rev. Martin Luther King Jr's.
First, he's already said the allegations were baseless. Putting that aside though, the allegations were for sexual harassment....that could be a lot different things....to call these women unwilling partners, is a huge assumption. Sexual harassment does not necessarily mean there was physical contact involved....it could have been something as simple as over hearing him say something that they felt was demeaning towards women.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:11 AM

This is a typical example of using omission to create misinformation. This whole story is missing a lot of infortmation.....basically all of the details...and I mean all of them. Then what little bit of a story is being reported, is based on anonymous sources. The media uses "anonymous sources" so much now for their facts, you'd think it was someone's name. What gets me is that since a journalist doesn't have to divulge their sources, we really don't know if the anonymous source even exists (if it's actually a person). In spite of all that, some are already running with this story by making assumptions to fill in all the blanks and then drawing conclusions as though they personally witnessed themselves first hand, what's supposedly being alleged.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:12 AM

13,691 posts, read 18,462,787 times
This story has no legs or wings, can't fly nor float.

Period.

But I guarantee that the original plant of this story will be divulged and when they find out which camp or who leaked this information their head is going to roll.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:01 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,336,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Bill Clinton survived worse than any of this and he did the deed that caused his impeachment.
He didnt actually get impeached

Bill Clinton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-31-2011, 12:12 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,571,923 times
geez a Republican with a sex scandal! Who knew? Oy Vey!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections