Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-31-2011, 12:19 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Well, that certainly sheds light on these allegations...........

In all honesty, I don't give a damn what Clinton did in the Oval Office, being that the only reason we know about it is because of a useless, hypocritical Republican witch hunt. I as an individual also don't care about what Cain allegedly did 10 years ago or more, but I also know there may be voters or others who do care. Let the chips fall where they may, just as they did with Bill Clinton. When you run for (or are) President, your entire life before, during and after office will lamentably be scrutinized.
In all honesty YOU are missing some facts.

What any elected official does IN THE OFFICE (a place loaned to them by the people who elected them) where OFFICIAL business is conducted SHOULD make you care. All federal employees sign a Conduct of Ethics form stating they WILL conduct themselves in a certain manner. Clinton violated that promise.

If Clinton had done his deeds in the private residence area I wouldn't care.

The left ALWAYS forgets that ALL investigations into Clinton's life were AUTHORIZED by the Attorney General, Janet Reno. The last time I checked, she was a DEMOCRAT appointed by a DEMOCRAT President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2011, 12:20 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbobobbo View Post
The accusations were made in the 1990s. Why would it have been a political smear job then, when Cain was head of the National Restaurant Association?
Digging it up now, is clearly a political smear job.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:23 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,745,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
He didnt actually get impeached

Bill Clinton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Of course he was impeached. From your link.

"In a lame-duck session of Congress after the 1998 elections, the House voted to impeach Clinton, based on the results of the Lewinsky scandal."

Clinton was impeached, but not convicted.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:24 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,929,539 times
Jeeeez people, who cares, the righties don't, heck they are running Newt for President and he is about a moral as an alley cat. The left does not care because Cain is a dead man walkng, and they would apsolutely Love Cain to get the GOP nomination since it would assure Obama of a landslide win.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:28 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:

From your link,"Bill Clinton, President of the United States, was impeached by the House of Representatives on charges of perjury and obstruction of justice on December 19, 1998, but acquitted by the Senate on February 12, 1999.

The House DID impeach him. The Senate did not.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:38 PM

38,647 posts, read 26,363,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
All of the above involve WILLING partners.

Cain is being accused of sexual harassment.....that means the women involved were not willing partners.

BIG DIFFERENCE!

BTW....When you brought up Clinton, Kennedy and Frank's sexual escapades.....you forgot to include Rev. Martin Luther King Jr's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
With the exception of JFK, the other cases have been proven to be true.

In the case of Cain, these are accusations based on perceptions.

In other words, office gossip.

"Cain is being accused of sexual harassment.....that means the women involved were not willing partners."

Since you weren't there, how do you know what did or did not take place?

The only thing I know for sure is these women were paid a lot of money to feel harassed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Did I say he did it......or did I say he was ACCUSED of sexual harassment?

To make it easy for you.....I highlighted it for you.

READING IS FUNDAMENTAL

"Cain is being accused of sexual harassment.....that means the women allegedly involved would not have been willing partners if their accusations were in fact true."

Like I said, you weren't there.

"Cain is being accused of sexual harassment.....that means the women involved were not willing partners."

This statement draws a conclusion without evidence to support that conclusion.

Writing is fundamental too.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:45 PM

5,036 posts, read 5,135,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Jeeeez people, who cares, the righties don't, heck they are running Newt for President and he is about a moral as an alley cat. The left does not care because Cain is a dead man walkng, and they would apsolutely Love Cain to get the GOP nomination since it would assure Obama of a landslide win.
First off, we would care if there was actually evidence. There is none. And yes Newt has had his share of problems but you know what, he is probably the person we SHOULD have as President but wont because of his past. I really like the guy and he really knows the issues and could provide the common sense and smarts to really turn around this nation. I just wish he didnt have so much baggage but in all honesty, it was the past and should it matter now?

And I think Cain would have a VERY good chance against Obama. Nearly anyone would have a good chance against Obama.

And as much of a mess this country is in and as much of a disaster Obama has been, it truly is sick and twisted to hear people like you who would take great joy in an Obama win. In case you havent figured it out, wins for Obama when it comes to our economy and the future of his country equals losses for the majority of Americans. I am not counting the minority of losers in this country who subscribe to liberalism.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:51 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Quote:

He was impeached. There was a congressional hearing and he was impeached.

He wasn't REMOVED from office, but he was impeached.

Old 10-31-2011, 12:53 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,446,589 times
Plus let's play the race card - I would like to know where Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson are because this is so obviously an attack on Herman Cain to take him out of the running to be president because he's black. But they are silent because he's A REPUBLICAN.

Let's play the race card: We ALL KNOW that if this had happened to Barack Obama in 2007 they would have been shouting racism.

This garbage has no legs. There isn't a company in the United States that wouldn't have FIRED Herman Cain if these allegations were true. They wouldn't KEEP A GUY AS PRESIDENT OF AN ASSOCIATION if he was a sexual harasser. Plus let's play the race card again - if he was guilty let's not forget he's black so he definitely would have been fired if this was true.

No possible way on earth he would have kept his job.

Period.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:39 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,471,004 times
Politico Story Was An Unconscionable Racially Charged Attack
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections