Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2011, 12:44 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,257,449 times

Advertisements

These liberal media-generated scandals shall not derail the Cain Train. LOL!

PICKET: Cain campaign has biggest online fundraising day - Washington Times
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 12:57 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,219,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank_Carbonni View Post
To be honest the woman who sued McDonalds over the hot coffee incident had a lot more valid case than most people think and did not receive as much money as often portrayed ($640,000 as opposed to the claims of millions).

It turned out that McDonalds had a type coffeemaker made specially for them that would heat coffee far hotter than other industrial scale coffeemakers (the reason was they were promoting that you could put your coffee in a thermos and it would keep hot all day). They company that made the coffeemaker initially refused to do so warning of potential injuries to staff and customers if they were to serve boiling coffee. McDonalds pressured them to into making the device, but the company did so only if McDonalds signed a document stating that they had been warned of the potential dangers by the company and would take all responsibility for any lawsuits that might arise. McDonalds also skimped on lids that were more durable and less prone to spillage to save about one cent per lid. Also, the woman in question did receive third degree burns and required two years of medical therapy.

Now, there were other factors that made McDonalds a bit less culpable, but there is more to the story than "Dumbass spills coffee on self and blames the restaurant".
When I first heard the McDonald's story I assumed the woman was a scammer, then I read about the case. Originally the woman only wanted McDonald's to pay for her medical bills. McDonald's refused so she decided to contact a lawyer. The rest is history. McDonald's should have just paid her medical bills.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:56 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,210,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
These liberal media-generated scandals shall not derail the Cain Train. LOL!

PICKET: Cain campaign has biggest online fundraising day - Washington Times
This doesn't surprise me--I think the people who already firmly support Cain are people who are distrustful of the media to begin with, and this isn't going to hurt him with his core supporters unless there turns out to be more there than we know now. It might hurt him with R undecideds though.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:57 PM
pth

274 posts, read 459,444 times
looks like cain is 'assaulting' the competition in an effort to 'harass' the other candidates with a big fundraising day

Old 11-01-2011, 03:21 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,390,380 times
Default News Alert: Cain accuser wants to speak

Could this be the end of Candidate Cain?

Or (as I predicted), do his troglodytic supporters think it's part of his 40's style of COOL that he flaunted PC and hit on a female co-worker?

Maybe he was wearing a hat, smoking, AND grinning when he pinched her ass (or whatever he did)!

Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to talk but is barred by agreement - The Washington Post

Old 11-01-2011, 03:58 PM

5,767 posts, read 5,018,098 times
Curiously, it seems that most of Cain's C-D supporters are reluctant to post in his defense in light of the fact that one of his victims may be allowed to tell her side of the story. Every time a GOP candidate self-destructs, the number of RW posters drops. One of those "things that make you go hmmm."

Old 11-01-2011, 04:00 PM

20,462 posts, read 12,392,439 times
yet another fine example of what the left wants us all to know about strong black conservative men.

they rape women.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:01 PM

1,058 posts, read 1,160,535 times
I don't think that you can compare the facts between Clarence Thomas and Herman Cain. Thomas just had a woman accusing him of prior sexual harrasment basically right before he came up for confimation.

As for Cain there was some sort of settlement paid out for a woman who accused him of sexual harrassment.

There are roughly two instances in which clients settle.

1. It would cost more to litigate the case, even if you were to win the case.

2. You would lose at trial and the plaintiff would get way more money than you would pay if you just settled the case. Now, this still doesn't mean you are guilty, it could also mean that the plaintiff seems way more sympathetic than you do.

I think if Cain had framed this more in the context of a business decision rather than changing his story this would have gone better for him.

However, the Republican voters seem really sympathetic to his "plight". So if a GOP faction brought this thing to light their plan really backfired.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:03 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,812,997 times
Report: Herman Cain's accuser wants to talk

This will be interesting.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:10 PM

3,064 posts, read 2,640,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gurbie View Post
Could this be the end of Candidate Cain?

Or (as I predicted), do his troglodytic supporters think it's part of his 40's style of COOL that he flaunted PC and hit on a female co-worker?

Maybe he was wearing a hat, smoking, AND grinning when he pinched her ass (or whatever he did)!

Lawyer: Cain accuser wants to talk but is barred by agreement - The Washington Post
I sincerely doubt it. From everything I've heard, the incident was nadda. you are trying to smear this man's name with your totally unfounded "(or whatever he did)" That is disgusting.

Everything so far indicates nothing more than some silly comment he may have made and made some meager cash settlement like hospitals almost always do when dealing with frivilous lawsuits that they could win but would cost more than the settlement to go to court to defend.

BTW, I like Cain but am not necessarily going to vote for him. I'm just sick of all this slandering and I abhor feigned sexual harassment claims.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections