Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2011, 07:19 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
They come acrossed as brainwashed to me. Shorebaby said it better than I could when she said "unhinged devotion." Shades of Jonestown.

First of all, the Constitution is not the embodiment of the eighteenth century. It is the product of thousands of years of history, economics, politics, diplomacy, philosophy, and intelligence. It was created by men who lived at the height of many tyrannies. They were educated men who understood things that many don't even bother to read anymore. What they put together is by far the finest constitution every created, and it has been praised worldwide by men of learning. Returning to a constitutional government is not returning to a primitive society. It is returning to a free America.

He wants to bring our military home because we can't afford the wars. Which is more likely to protect us from that one hypothetical bomb? The soldiers here, protecting us directly, or the soldiers over there, leaving us open to attack while the congress slowly erodes our rights in order to "protect" us?

FYI, Iran does not yet have a bomb that anyone knows of.

Ron Paul is in favor of "closing" the borders. He just doesn't think a fence will accomplish the task. It would be more effective to take away the incentive to come here illegally.

Ron Paul is 100% pro-2nd amendment. You are mistaken.

He doesn't plan to do away with the money we have. You are mistaken on that as well.

His rantings sound wild to you because you aren't educated in the particulars of political science. If he has moments where he pauses, it's no doubt to resist the temptation to be a liar like the rest of them and gather the courage to stand by his convictions, whatever the cost to his reputation.

And we don't know, by the way, if he can debate. The moderators barely ever give him the chance.

I've also heard him give plenty of solutions. Perhaps you should listen more closely. Assuming you've listened at all in the first place. Most of your assumptions about him are completely mistaken, indicating you don't really know his platform. If you claim that you've watched all the debates, read all books, and read everything about him, then I say you are a liar. No one can have so many false ideas under those circumstances. One need only do a search on Wikipedia to find out the errors you've shown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 10:06 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,203,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
First of all, the Constitution is not the embodiment of the eighteenth century. It is the product of thousands of years of history, economics, politics, diplomacy, philosophy, and intelligence. It was created by men who lived at the height of many tyrannies. They were educated men who understood things that many don't even bother to read anymore. What they put together is by far the finest constitution every created, and it has been praised worldwide by men of learning. Returning to a constitutional government is not returning to a primitive society. It is returning to a free America.

He wants to bring our military home because we can't afford the wars. Which is more likely to protect us from that one hypothetical bomb? The soldiers here, protecting us directly, or the soldiers over there, leaving us open to attack while the congress slowly erodes our rights in order to "protect" us?

Ron Paul is in favor of "closing" the borders. He just doesn't think a fence will accomplish the task. It would be more effective to take away the incentive to come here illegally.

He doesn't plan to do away with the money we have. You are mistaken on that as well.

His rantings sound wild to you because you aren't educated in the particulars of political science. If he has moments where he pauses, it's no doubt to resist the temptation to be a liar like the rest of them and gather the courage to stand by his convictions, whatever the cost to his reputation.

And we don't know, by the way, if he can debate. The moderators barely ever give him the chance.

I've also heard him give plenty of solutions. Perhaps you should listen more closely. Assuming you've listened at all in the first place. Most of your assumptions about him are completely mistaken, indicating you don't really know his platform. If you claim that you've watched all the debates, read all books, and read everything about him, then I say you are a liar. No one can have so many false ideas under those circumstances. One need only do a search on Wikipedia to find out the errors you've shown
What would Ron Paul say about copying and pasting from other sites without attribution?

Old 11-21-2011, 10:24 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,571,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
What would Ron Paul say about copying and pasting from other sites without attribution?
Why, is that something you wish to do? He'd probably tell you to look up the terms of service for the forum you choose to join. After you do that, perhaps you'd like to address the opinons Bow posted.

Old 11-21-2011, 10:52 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Ron has some good ideas that can actually work but needs a little "tweeking" but this is the reason that the republicans will not take him seriously and the way that the electoral colleges are set up he will never even get a chance for a legit run for the presidency.

His biggest mistake with the republicans is that he is against the military industrial complex which is one of the biggest contributors to the republican party

Old 11-21-2011, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Ron has some good ideas that can actually work but needs a little "tweeking" but this is the reason that the republicans will not take him seriously and the way that the electoral colleges are set up he will never even get a chance for a legit run for the presidency.

His biggest mistake with the republicans is that he is against the military industrial complex which is one of the biggest contributors to the republican party
What about the large voting block and contributors within the military? Plus the youth, the college students, that understand the mess they are inheriting.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:44 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,203,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
Why, is that something you wish to do? He'd probably tell you to look up the terms of service for the forum you choose to join. After you do that, perhaps you'd like to address the opinons Bow posted.
Bow posted no opinions of his own, he stole someone else's. Just google the first line of his post.

He did the same thing here: http://www.city-data.com/forum/21764791-post12.html

Old 11-21-2011, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Bow posted no opinions of his own, he stole someone else's. Just google the first line of his post.

He did the same thing here: http://www.city-data.com/forum/21764791-post12.html
that other post was about polling, and media bias. Address the message.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:00 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,940,850 times
I am a Libertarian. As such, I do NOT support Ron Paul. I do not believe in his approach to drugs or his approach to foreign policy matters. I do believe in states rights and small federal government, and I do believe that the size of our government has led to massive corruption. I do agree with some of what Ron Paul says, but there is enought that I don't support him on, that I can not support him.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:02 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,663,022 times

I've also heard him give plenty of solutions. Perhaps you should listen more closely. Assuming you've listened at all in the first place. Most of your assumptions about him are completely mistaken, indicating you don't really know his platform. If you claim that you've watched all the debates, read all books, and read everything about him, then I say you are a liar. No one can have so many false ideas under those circumstances. One need only do a search on Wikipedia to find out the errors you've shown.

Quote:

Who stole my post?

Where is the website it is posted on?
I googled it and nothing but this thread pops up.

Kill the messenger, because I got nothing for the message, deal!

Got it!

Old 11-21-2011, 12:10 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,685,644 times
Wow the stories and ideas on Ron Paul are so far off I wonder where they get this information from.
Lets just clear up some of these falsehoods.
1. Secure the border, Remove all welfare to illegals (they have no reason to come) NO AMESTY
2. Bring the troops home close the bases overseas (still employeed build bases here) Secure borders, leave submarines in waters, continue space and or other spy and intellgence. (WE ARE BROKE and getting ourselves involved in unconstitutional problems we have no business in)
3. Drugs, first of all the president has no power to legalize DRUGS. Second Paul wants to remove the FEDERAL laws on drugs and restore them to states POWER. Unconstitional authority to have a war on drugs.
4. Restore sound money, gold and other currency to be offered to the FEDERAL RESERVE DOLLAR which is a bank and audit the fed.
5. Remove the income tax and get rid of the IRS
6. Liberty is the goal, free markets, no managed NAFTA, CAFTA and WTO
7. Get out of the UN
8. Supports all 2nd amendment rights
9. Has the most consistant voting record on lowering taxes, wants a balanced budget
10. Never supported tarp, bailouts, stimulus, wants governmnet cut in size and scope
11. Believes anything not in the constitution should not be allowed and to follow it.
12. Congress is the only authority to go to war, any acts of war cant not be consider without congressional approval and DIRECT threat to the united states.
13. explained the housing bubble back in 2002 in TV, and many books about the FED, our economic problems and predicted them in the 2008 election just go to YOUTUBE.

As far a ron paul supporters are concerned they are Americans and even around the world who support Ron Paul because he is the last VOICE of LIBERTY left in the public speaking of limited government!!!

Angry (because the media lies, people are stupid, and people generally have no clue what is going on and love wars and welfare at the expense of our freedom)
Informed (researched history, listened to paul and actually looked at RECORDS, believe in justice and freedom and wish to restore constitutional princples.)
See Thomas Jefferson!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections