Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2011, 05:01 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,170,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Your either lying or very misinformed.

Limbaugh,O'reilly,and Coulter, hate Ron Paul. He goes against their beloved political establishment.
Yeah, I was about to say that.

I guess they've never heard those three talk about Ron Paul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 05:29 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by box_of_zip_disks View Post
On the internet the vocal Ron Paul supporters run the gamut from relatively sane and informed to the usual Alex Jones/black helicopter/building 7 crowd. However in the real world I've never met a Paul supporter who wasn't also deep into the conspiracy stuff, and the majority of people I speak to regularly could accurately be described as libertarians.
Yes I resemble that remark, so what? We don't accept what we are told, and do all we can to separate propoganda from truth. Ron Paul is truth in the flesh.
Obama supporters consume the propoganda, repeating the lies, without question or even caring what the truth may be. Republicans are just as bad as liberals for lack of honesty with us. I don't trust any of them, except for Ron Paul. He is an educator, and could change the way this gov't operates. We now have 2 sides in stalemate. What Ron Paul plans to do is educate the public as to why we need to help him, by putting pressure on Congress. He will give it to us straight. If we pass up this opportunity, we have only ourselves to blame.
This is about restoring American exceptionalism and sovereignty. Every other Republican on that stage is a globalist. That is the wrong direction.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Ron Paul people are confused. Most that I know are for doing away with Social Security and those same people would not be able to survive without it. The same for Medicare.
They have been watching Fox News and listening to the Right-Wing nut jobs Limbaugh,O'reilly,and Coulter,etc.
I can't help but feel sorry for them.
More regurgitation of lies. Ron Paul would give those 25 and under the oppotunity to opt out, and accept responsibility for their own retirement. This is a way to save social security and medicare, not do away with them. Illegals could not collect from this system under Ron Paul, and means testing is something to be considered.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
Social Security isn't a bad thing necessarily, and you have a right to your opinion.

What you're confused about is that Ron Paul supporters just want the choice to opt out of social security if they don't believe in it. Right now the govt is forcing everyone to contribute. I believe I should be able to decideif I want to enroll in social security or not.

Personally: I'd rather have the extra cash and save/invest the money to my preference and plan for my future on my own.
That's what I'm talkin about

Old 11-21-2011, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Your either lying or very misinformed.

Limbaugh,O'reilly,and Coulter, hate Ron Paul. He goes against their beloved political establishment.
That is correct. Nobody on Fox News supports him, cept Stossel and Andrew Napolitano. Not sure about Lou Dobbs, but I doubt it.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:48 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,200,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdubs3201 View Post
You want to solve illegal immigration? Stop providing the benefits and handouts. If you stop giving them welfare, stop giving them citizenship for having a child on our soil, stop educating them, stop giving them medical treatment....they will stop coming.
This is absolutely false.

There are thousands and thousands of men who have endured great risk and hardship to enter this country illegally and are here to work without collecting welfare, having children, sending children to school, or seeking medical treatment.

As long as it is possible for an uneducated person with no experience to find jobs in the United States that pay $12/hour to pick lettuce or $9/hour to wash dishes they will keep coming.

Old 11-21-2011, 05:56 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerby W-R View Post
Ron Paul people are confused. Most that I know are for doing away with Social Security and those same people would not be able to survive without it. The same for Medicare.
They have been watching Fox News and listening to the Right-Wing nut jobs Limbaugh,O'reilly,and Coulter,etc.
I can't help but feel sorry for them.
You do realize Limbaugh, Coulter, and especiall O'Reilly HATE Dr. Paul. They loathe him. As for Social Security and Medicare if you took the time to read Dr. Paul's plan you would realize that he preserves those programs for the time being. Now philosophically he disagrees with them but he also realizes there's literally thousands of other places in the federal budget to cut before we cut those. He doesn't want to throw dependent people out onto the street, there would be a transition out of the system of governmental dependence into a truly free society. I have no issue with you having a philosophical disagreement with freedom supporters but please post accurate information.

As to the poster who said it's weird that we refer to Ron Paul as "Dr. Paul" to you I say this:
Ron Paul IS a Doctor. He's an OBGYN who delivered over 4,000 babies and served poor patients who were on government assistance FOR FREE. He went to school, served in the Armed Forces, and walked the walk, he's EARED the right to be referred to as "Dr. Paul."

Old 11-21-2011, 05:57 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,200,443 times
Quote:
That post is in another totally different thread and it has clickable links.

What's the beef?
Has nothing to do with this thread, but give you a diversion to hide behind.

you have been Pwned!
Interesting interpretation.

You get caught stealing stealing another person's article for one of your posts, stealing yet another person's comment to that article for another of your posts, then get caught lying by denying you did it until I took a screenshot from the site you lifted the content for your posts from.

All that and you are talking about someone else getting Pwned? You are a plagiarist, and the reason it was so easy to spot is that you are incapable of writing coherent text like you posted.

Here is the link to the post where you are exposed, I plan on posting it in every reply I make to you going forward:

http://www.city-data.com/forum/21807006-post104.html

Old 11-21-2011, 06:03 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,980,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
This is absolutely false.

There are thousands and thousands of men who have endured great risk and hardship to enter this country illegally and are here to work without collecting welfare, having children, sending children to school, or seeking medical treatment.

As long as it is possible for an uneducated person with no experience to find jobs in the United States that pay $12/hour to pick lettuce or $9/hour to wash dishes they will keep coming.
There would be a lot less illegals coming to America if we cut the welfare benefits off. Also, if we moved closer to an unfettered unrestrained truly FREE market our economy would start to thrive again and business would pick back up. At that point we'd hear a lot less griping about illegal immigration because there'd be enough work to go around, in fact there'd be TOO much work to go around, we'd need more labor. It's only in bad economic times that we start to grumble about illegals and immigration in general because work is scarce so we look for a scapegoat.

Speaking for myself here too me immigration is a property rights, contract, and freedom of association issue. What right does the government have to tell me who I can and cannot hire to work on my property? If I own a business it's none of the government's business who I hire or do business with.

Old 11-21-2011, 06:05 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voyageur View Post
The hero-worship as manifested in the reverant appeal-to-authority of calling him "Dr. Paul" incessantly is weird.

Ask a typical Ron Paul supporter about Ron Paul.
Ask a typical Scientologist about L. Ron Hubbard.

The similarity of the types of replies you will receive should be enlightening. And disturbing.
Another person makes things up. Can't discuss the issues so a weak attempt is made to bring others down a level. Who groups people and refuses to see individual liberty and freedom?
No different than people who say " well you know how women are, or well you know how minorities are." THAT is disturbing and not a made up scenario.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections