Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2011, 12:14 PM

7,211 posts, read 9,435,238 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
I am a Libertarian. As such, I do NOT support Ron Paul. I do not believe in his approach to drugs or his approach to foreign policy matters. I do believe in states rights and small federal government, and I do believe that the size of our government has led to massive corruption. I do agree with some of what Ron Paul says, but there is enought that I don't support him on, that I can not support him.

Let me get this straight...perhaps I'm interpreting your post incorrectly. You claim to be a libertarian but you support both the War on Drugs and Terror?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2011, 12:29 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,685,644 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
The most informed people are the Ron Paul folks. I was up to 2am watching the Thanksgiving debate, all about social issues, family, faith. I came away from that with the view that Ron Paul was the most moderate, oddly enough, the rest have no problem imposing their values upon the people thru gov't. Santorum and Bachmann especially. Cain said he would just overturn the Supreme Court if they didn't rule the right way on abortion.
Ron Paul simply says let people assume responsibility for their own mistakes, and face the consequences of failure. That's reasonable, that's common sense, that's working toward the common good. Govern thyself.

Paul believes in liberty even when so many use personal faith and personal gain with the force of government to make changes they deem fit. Those are the radical who think right vs wrong comes in the form of a cross, or any religion via government. Paul follows the history and constitution which gives all man the right to religion, punishing those who harm others and letting freedom be first goal in any government we should enforce.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:33 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,328,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
What about the large voting block and contributors within the military? Plus the youth, the college students, that understand the mess they are inheriting.

And? What does that have to do with the monetary support of the republican party which he will never get? Even if he gets the popular vote he will not get by in the electoral college which is rigged to support the dominate two parties, so once again we are voting for the party that will do the least amount of damage

Old 11-21-2011, 12:44 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,203,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Who stole my post?
Where is the website it is posted on?
I googled it and nothing but this thread pops up.
lol okay if you really want to do this, today you made a post in this thread responding to Tracy that started with:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
First of all, the Constitution is not the embodiment of the eighteenth century. It is the product of thousands of years of history, economics, politics, diplomacy, philosophy, and intelligence. It was created by men who lived at the height of many tyrannies. They were educated men who understood things that many don't even bother to read anymore. What they put together is by far the finest constitution every created, and it has been praised worldwide by men of learning. Returning to a constitutional government is not returning to a primitive society. It is returning to a free America.
And what do you know this was already on the web last week:

Ron Paul Doesn’t Exist : Personal Liberty Digest

Are you claiming that person used a time machine to steal the post you made today and put it on that site last Friday? The other post I mentioned you made http://www.city-data.com/forum/21764791-post12.html is of course the opening article in same link, also copied and pasted as content of one of your posts.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:46 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tropolis View Post
guy i know at work is a huge ron paul fan. huge, voted for him in 08 and will again. knows that both parties are the same, and doesn't buy into the republican vs. democrat deal.

he is a unique guy. doesn't own a tv in his home and is planning on home schooling his kids. when asked on why he doesnt own a tv he said he went on about the power of tv and how it gets people to think certain ways, manipulation etc.

he also said he would only allow his kids to watch shows he approved of, and hated how tv depicts family these days. he said he would've been fine with shows like the cosby show, family matters, full house, shows that have a positive message, families with strong husbands, and united families.

i actually agree with him for the most part.

the cosby show would be off the air in a week in todays society, even though it had positive messages, strong husband and a united family. that message doesnt sell anymore, too bad actually.
I don't know any in real life, actually.

Old 11-21-2011, 12:52 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,025,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
lol okay if you really want to do this, today you made a post in this thread responding to tracy that started with:

ron paul doesn’t exist : Personal liberty digest

are you claiming that person used a time machine to steal the post you made today and put it on that site last friday? The other post i mentioned you made http://www.city-data.com/forum/21764791-post12.html is of course the opening article in same link, also copied and pasted as content of one of your posts.

oh snaps!!

Old 11-21-2011, 01:11 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,219,836 times
Quote:
guy i know at work is a huge ron paul fan. huge, voted for him in 08 and will again. knows that both parties are the same, and doesn't buy into the republican vs. democrat deal.

he is a unique guy. doesn't own a tv in his home and is planning on home schooling his kids. when asked on why he doesnt own a tv he said he went on about the power of tv and how it gets people to think certain ways, manipulation etc.

i actually agree with him for the most part.

By manipulation, did he mean like advertising or influence, or some type of mind control thing?

Quote:
the cosby show would be off the air in a week in todays society, even though it had positive messages, strong husband and a united family. that message doesnt sell anymore, too bad actually.
Not to mention that it wasn't a funny show and very corny.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:16 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,990,344 times
The hero-worship as manifested in the reverant appeal-to-authority of calling him "Dr. Paul" incessantly is weird.

Ask a typical Ron Paul supporter about Ron Paul.
Ask a typical Scientologist about L. Ron Hubbard.

The similarity of the types of replies you will receive should be enlightening. And disturbing.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:17 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,195,756 times
On the internet the vocal Ron Paul supporters run the gamut from relatively sane and informed to the usual Alex Jones/black helicopter/building 7 crowd. However in the real world I've never met a Paul supporter who wasn't also deep into the conspiracy stuff, and the majority of people I speak to regularly could accurately be described as libertarians.

Old 11-21-2011, 01:17 PM

2,031 posts, read 2,990,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slackjaw View Post
lol okay if you really want to do this, today you made a post in this thread responding to Tracy that started with:

Ron Paul Doesn’t Exist : Personal Liberty Digest

Are you claiming that person used a time machine to steal the post you made today and put it on that site last Friday? The other post I mentioned you made http://www.city-data.com/forum/21764791-post12.html is of course the opening article in same link, also copied and pasted as content of one of your posts.
LMAO!

How unsurprising that the blatant plagiarist issues a bold-faced lie when called on it!

Nice job, slackjaw...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections