Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2011, 03:50 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think of most of them as pot smokers whose only real wish is to have pot and all other drugs legal so they can pick some up more easily like at the corner store or gas station.

For most libertarians it seems all about easy drugs, not about ending all welfare, Medicaid, etc.
The people who smoke pot are going to smoke pot whether it's legal or not. Almost all of my co-workers at my job in Miami smoked pot and there wasn't a DAY that went by that they couldn't get some. In fact, they probably like it better this way because they have someone bring it to them instead of having to go get it.

Further, I know plenty of Ron Paul supporters who do not do drugs. I'm one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2011, 03:56 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,949,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The people who smoke pot are going to smoke pot whether it's legal or not. Almost all of my co-workers at my job in Miami smoked pot and there wasn't a DAY that went by that they couldn't get some. In fact, they probably like it better this way because they have someone bring it to them instead of having to go get it.

Further, I know plenty of Ron Paul supporters who do not do drugs. I'm one of them.
Same here. Never touched a drug in my life, and it's not because it's illegal

Old 11-19-2011, 03:57 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
No, it's attack. I believe is views of the Fed are particularly nutty. This really brings out the best in his supporters. Watch.
Ok..you're here on a forum, you have made a statement that you think Paul's views of the Fed are "particularly nutty".

A forum is for discussion.

Please explain WHAT or WHY you think his views of the Fed are "particularly nutty" instead of just saying you think they are "particularly nutty".

Old 11-19-2011, 03:58 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,170,627 times
Quote:
No, it's attack. I believe is views of the Fed are particularly nutty. This really brings out the best in his supporters. Watch.
That's still not explaining. Which ideas of the Fed, and why?

Old 11-19-2011, 04:06 PM
pth

274 posts, read 459,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Same here. Never touched a drug in my life, and it's not because it's illegal
You're one of my favorite posters, but you should totally try pot. It's awesome.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:11 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,953,749 times
Quote:
OK, here is a link to a recent article describing Ron Paul's view in The Fed.
Ron Paul: Federal Reserve is Like Drug Addiction - US News and World Report

and an older one from 1983:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hMeN...eature=related

Please tell us what you see as "particularly nutty" and why. Thanks.

Old 11-19-2011, 04:14 PM

242 posts, read 235,798 times
very irritating

Old 11-19-2011, 05:35 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,982,947 times
Quote:
It doesn't help your cause. His supports (and I don't necessarily mean you, I don't recall being attacked by you, but I forget these things almost as soon as they happen) come off as nutty. If you have the same discussions with the same posters they are unlikely to ever adopt your position.
Well I have stopped responding to the obvious trolls, there are a few on this thread. I mostly respond to negative posts/threads because I don't want to see anyone here who is undecided close their mind to Dr. Paul because some liar or troll posted falsehoods.

Old 11-19-2011, 05:49 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,762,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
OK, here is a link to a recent article describing Ron Paul's view in The Fed.
Ron Paul: Federal Reserve is Like Drug Addiction - US News and World Report

and an older one from 1983:

Ron Paul Debates Federal Reserve Governor 1983 [Part 1] - YouTube

Please tell us what you see as "particularly nutty" and why. Thanks.
I believe ending the Fed and a return to the gold standard are particularly nutty ideas, for a number of reasons.

First, its regulatory function. There are those who believe the states can do this, they can't, at least not effectively. We have seen the effect of states regulating insurance, it has done nothing but drive up the cost of insurance.

Next, with a gold standard there is very little that can be done to smooth out wild swings in the value of gold, which translates into wild swings in the value of gold backed currency. There would be virtually no tools to combat inflation or deflation.

Not to mention there aren't enough gold reserves to back currency.

Old 11-19-2011, 05:50 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,762,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthGAbound12 View Post
Well I have stopped responding to the obvious trolls, there are a few on this thread. I mostly respond to negative posts/threads because I don't want to see anyone here who is undecided close their mind to Dr. Paul because some liar or troll posted falsehoods.
That is a better approach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections