Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2011, 12:40 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,982,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Making the states responsible is not the answer, did you forget we are ONE Nation, would you rather we were not?
What are you talking about?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2011, 12:43 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
What are you talking about?
It is what many on the right keep pushing for, leave everything to the states. As I said, I will back reform, not geting rid of a needed agency.

Old 11-28-2011, 12:49 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,982,264 times
Quote:
It is what many on the right keep pushing for, leave everything to the states. As I said, I will back reform, not geting rid of a needed agency.
I doubt many think the EPA should be state based...maybe they do, I don't know.

Those pushing for things to be returned to the state though seem more focused on things like education, which I completely agree with. We spend a ton of money on education and still cant get it right, we need to try something different...drastically different. Ending teachers unions might be the right answer as well.

Old 11-28-2011, 01:02 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Moving the abortion choice to the States is an OLD GOP idea to get around Row vs Wade and deny Millions of women the right to chose.
Getting rid of the FED, EPA, FDA and Dept of Education is another set of old GOP ideas. The only ideas that are really Pauls are his wanting to bring all troops home from around the world, isloationist thinking which makes the Nation and World Less safe. And cutting off funding to the rest of the world, which I agree with while we under water ourselves. Yes, Neo-Cons have changed your Party, But the Tea Party and Paul are NOT the answer, swinging too far in any direction is always bad, and is not acceptable to the vast Majority of Americans. Let me also remind you that Paul is not in reality a Republican, which means if he somehow got elected he would not have GOP support, meaning he would get Nothing done. No thanks, Paul is not the answer.
LMAO getting rid of the Fed is NOT an old republican idea.
Let me remind you, the person who exposed the federal Reserve as our biggest threat the most before Ron Paul was a democrat from Texas, Wright Patman. He's from your home state and you don't even know that.

Old 11-28-2011, 01:05 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Considering your understanding, name one of the GOP candidates besides Ron Paul who wouldn't qualify as a neocon.
Gary Johnson is not. Obama sure is.

Old 11-28-2011, 01:10 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,982,324 times
Quote:
Making the states responsible is not the answer, did you forget we are ONE Nation, would you rather we were not?
That thinking was exactly what the Founders fought against. We are not "ONE Nation," we are a confederation of individual republics. There's a reason the Constitution outlines very little for the federal government to do, they simply aren't supposed to do much. The states and local governments are where most of the power should reside as it easier for the people to control their state.

Old 11-28-2011, 01:10 PM

31,767 posts, read 28,830,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Gary Johnson is not. Obama sure is.
Get a perspective about what is being discussed. You don't have that to begin with, and you go about making judgement calls.

Old 11-28-2011, 01:11 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsteinsGhost View Post
Considering your understanding, name one of the GOP candidates besides Ron Paul who wouldn't qualify as a neocon.
Some here do no know which candidates belong to the GOP, yet they claim to be in the know.

Old 11-28-2011, 01:23 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,654,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by t206 View Post
I doubt many think the EPA should be state based...maybe they do, I don't know.

Those pushing for things to be returned to the state though seem more focused on things like education, which I completely agree with. We spend a ton of money on education and still cant get it right, we need to try something different...drastically different. Ending teachers unions might be the right answer as well.

Everything the EPA does, our courts, with penalties is suppose to be doing.

Old 11-28-2011, 02:14 PM

4,300 posts, read 4,410,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: Ron Paul supporters: Join the GOP or go home | Washington Times Communities

Great article. The GOP should not be held hostage by Ron Paul and the 5% who support him. If you're not on board with defeating Oblama, get the H-E-double hockey sticks OUT.
If Ron Paul doesn't win the nomination - I will gladly leave. Any other candidate will be just as pointless as Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections