Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 03:47 PM

1,440 posts, read 1,170,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Obama thanks you for your tireless work on his behalf.
We support Ron Paul because he has real solutions and is the best candidate. We're not voting to simply get Obama out of the White House, we actually want change and to make this country better.

So you think the same as the old saying, "vote for the lesser of two evils".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2011, 05:20 PM

106 posts, read 157,611 times
Ron Paul is the only contact I have ever had with the GOP and will have in the foreseeable future, unless Republicans actually return back to the principles they claim to stand for. Until that happens and the racist vibe of the GOP is gone I'm happy staying unaffiliated.

Ron Paul is the ONLY reason I tune into these circus show GOP debates. He gets my support because he is the only candidate true to the party principles that is actually admits and is willing to make the bold moves necessary to make the country better in the long run.

Yes, I voted for Obama in 2008, and I'm disappointed by most of his moves...but I'll will be voting for him AGAIN over Mitt Romney or Newt Gingrich if it comes down to those fakeboys.

Old 11-27-2011, 05:29 PM

865 posts, read 676,423 times
How about the GOP join conservatism, or just split off and make your own neoconservatism party.

Old 11-27-2011, 07:43 PM

11,998 posts, read 12,943,060 times
I'm a life-long Democrat that recently switched my party affiliation to vote for Ron Paul in the primaries and will write him in if he doesn't get the nom.
Voting strictly based on parties is moronic and LAZY.

Old 11-27-2011, 07:50 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
Voting strictly based on parties is moronic and LAZY.
Agreed. It's also one of the primary reasons our nation is in it's current condition.

Old 11-27-2011, 09:18 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,959,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeeCityRoller View Post
Ron Paul is the only contact I have ever had with the GOP and will have in the foreseeable future, unless Republicans actually return back to the principles they claim to stand for. Until that happens and the racist vibe of the GOP is gone I'm happy staying unaffiliated.

Ron Paul is the ONLY reason I tune into these circus show GOP debates. He gets my support because he is the only candidate true to the party principles that is actually admits and is willing to make the bold moves necessary to make the country better in the long run.

Yes, I voted for Obama in 2008, and I'm disappointed by most of his moves...but I'll will be voting for him AGAIN over Mitt Romney or Newt Gingrich if it comes down to those fakeboys.
Thanks for proving my point. Most Ron Paul "supporters" are really campaigning for Obama's re-election.

Old 11-27-2011, 09:33 PM

865 posts, read 676,423 times
Quote:
Thanks for proving my point. Most Ron Paul "supporters" are really campaigning for Obama's re-election.
Or you could vote for Ron Paul. Hmm, or is there a double standard here?

Old 11-27-2011, 09:36 PM

3,083 posts, read 4,011,999 times
Quote:
Your point is anything but proven. Republicans chose to run a crappy candidate that inspired none but the die hard party faithful in the last presidential election. That poor choice was instrumental in Obama winning the election.

Rather than learning from their mistake and making a serious effort to field a viable candidate rather than just more of the same it seems they are determined to field a crappy candidate once again.

Continue on with your blather about Paul supporters helping Obama. You further illustrate your arrogance and intractability every time you do it. You are by no means attracting more supporters to the mainstream, more of the same, Republican camp.

Old 11-27-2011, 09:50 PM

910 posts, read 1,677,368 times
I can't tell if the OP is serious with this nonsense or just trolling. Falling in line for the GOP simply does not feel right to me. Other than Gary Johnson (who is seriously considering a libertarian run) only Ron Paul represents what I think we need in this nation. (along with maybe Buddy Roemer) The others are simply a slow death, since they will not cut what needs to be cut, end corporate welfare, wars, civil rights intrusions, etc. The GOP might need to learn a painful lesson about representing the people's actual wants and needs, and it might be the end of the party as they know if they decide not to listen.

Old 11-27-2011, 09:54 PM

2,311 posts, read 2,830,075 times
Rather than trying to kick people out of the GOP based on what candidate they support why not try to get the large percentage of people who don't vote for any candidate off of there couches and in support of the GOP?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections