Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2011, 03:08 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,974,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Ron Paul himself hasn't given up the "Republican versus Democrat charade," so why should anyone else?
I think Ron Paul more sees it as him vs. the Republicans AND the Democrats, he certainly does not support the majority of the current Republican mindset.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2011, 03:09 PM

4,088 posts, read 4,387,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Saint View Post
I'm curious how others here feel in regard to media bias. It strikes me that Ron Paul is, and has been in past, treated very poorly by the media.
The "media" does not care about politics- it cares about ratings. If Paul wants to be on the news, he needs to MAKE news. And he's never going to do it standing on stage, fighting for air time with these bozos.

Paul should call a press conference, and announce his intention to run as a third-party candidate. He'll NEVER win a GOP nomination, so it will be his only chance to get on the national ballot. Then, he can pick a strong, compatable running mate, and run as the libertarian alternative to the corporate candidates from the Dems and the GOP. Believe me, he'd get PLENTY of media attention. Remember Ross Perot? Ralph Nader? Household names.

Paul may not win, but I bet he'd get close to the 19% Perot got in '92.

Now... if Paul declines to do this, we'll KNOW he was just another GOP corporate tool after all

Old 12-07-2011, 03:15 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,016,916 times
Quote:
Ron Paul himself hasn't given up the "Republican versus Democrat charade," so why should anyone else?
Paul has never been part of the Republican/Democratic charade.

Both parties spend, and both parties don't
want to cut. Both parties have approved excessive
military spending.

Paul and a few others stand apart from the R/D same all, but unfortunately, they are far and few in between.

Ron Paul: Rein in Government Spending to Reduce the Debt - YouTube

Old 12-07-2011, 03:23 PM

11,078 posts, read 15,077,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
Paul has never been part of the Republican/Democratic charade.

Both parties spend, and both parties don't
want to cut. Both parties have approved excessive
military spending.

Paul and a few others stand apart from the R/D same all, but unfortunately, they are far and few in between.

Ron Paul: Rein in Government Spending to Reduce the Debt - YouTube
I'm sorry,but I just can't agree with you on that...I think he is a horse of a different color,but none the less he has an R behind his name does he not?

Old 12-07-2011, 03:34 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,016,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
I'm sorry,but I just can't agree with you on that...I think he is a horse of a different color,but none the less he has an R behind his name does he not?
I prefer to think of him as a Libertarian that strayed
from home We miss him

Ron Paul Interview 1988 - YouTube

Old 12-07-2011, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyrobin View Post
I prefer to think of him as a Libertarian that strayed
from home We miss him

Ron Paul Interview 1988 - YouTube
...that's a good way to put it

Old 12-07-2011, 05:02 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,857,724 times
Quote:
The media treats all Republicans poorly. It isn't limited to poor "Dr. Paul."
You're uninformed on the issue yet again. Many times when the media is discussing candidates they ignore Ron Paul. Even going so far as to include the lowest polling candidates in discussion while excluding Ron Paul.
Strange how your posts are consistently incorrect.

Old 12-07-2011, 05:06 PM

3,498 posts, read 2,217,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
They want to distract people....

and they succeeded 3 years ago (I am speaking for myself though)

But I am voting for Ron Paul.
Who are you going to vote for in the general election?

Old 12-07-2011, 05:06 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,857,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muleskinner View Post
He has said many times our problems cross party lines.

Old 12-07-2011, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
He has said many times our problems cross party lines.
You don't have to be a cowboy to know a cow turd when you see one...

That statement has been made by millions upon millions of people for decades,it's far from a Ron Paul revelation nor is he anywhere near the first to use that rhetoric/talking point.

I'm not cutting the dude down,I just don't think he has a snowball's chance in hell of ever rising farther up on the political stage than he already has.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections