Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 09:03 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
This is showing Romney's true colors, not only does he support NDAA and the patriot act, along with NAFTA/GATT/WTO etc. ... He also wants to force on all Americans a national ID card! Get ready for checkpoints on every highway between states should this man get elected and have his way in office!

Romney Proposes National ID Card (http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews/politics/10243-romney-proposes-national-id-card - broken link)

Romney Supports National ID, Government Pre-Approval of Working | Cato @ Liberty

This BIG government bankster shill is all about growing the police state not only in this country, but around the world. This is the George Bush New World Order, 1000 points of light neo-con professional progressive candidate of choice America!

And this in spite of the fact that many states have already rejected the national ID act - and he pretends to be about states rights! ...

Number of States Rejecting National I.D. Card Growing | Polidics.com

The American Spectator : Rejecting National ID
What's wrong with ID cards if that is what it takes? I do have a problem with the fence, the reason, I don't think is will help much. Putting men and women on the border will help. Cutting off benefits to illegals will help even more.

NIta
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2012, 11:54 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
What's wrong with ID cards if that is what it takes? I do have a problem with the fence, the reason, I don't think is will help much. Putting men and women on the border will help. Cutting off benefits to illegals will help even more.

NIta
Whats wrong with National ID? First read the info provided by the links in the OP, then simply google the issue, in situations like this - google is your friend. If you really want to know, all you have to do is research it, but i provided sufficient info to get you started.

Old 01-12-2012, 12:19 PM

25,231 posts, read 16,947,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Two more reasons to vote for Romney. Thanks!
But the Paulbots don't like fences or IDs, they would much rather put armed combat troops there to shoot those trying to cross, I assume from either direction. And all Americans having one ID card to prove identity and citzenship is simple pure evil, just think, any law enforcement officer in any state could simply look at your ID and know who you are, and we cannot have that
The RP Cult gets stranger and stranger by the day, please purge them from your Party so they can be more easily identified and ignored, so long as they do not get any dumber. May chipping them would be a good thing, hmmmmm

Old 01-12-2012, 01:11 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Whats wrong with National ID? First read the info provided by the links in the OP, then simply google the issue, in situations like this - google is your friend. If you really want to know, all you have to do is research it, but i provided sufficient info to get you started.
I spend more time googling than almost anyone I know. As I have mentioned before but you just can not understand: we all have our own opinions, I believe in National ID cards if that is the only way to control illegals and illegal voting, you don't. That does not make either of us wrong. When are you going to realize just because someone does think the way you do they are not wrong.

NIta

Old 01-12-2012, 01:23 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,680,652 times
Removing the incentives is what will make them leave or not come here in the first place.

Including allowing illegal aliens to live off welfare after having kids on this side of the border.

Also fine employers who hire illegal aliens. When you reach for the wallet, people tend to wake up.

No more in-state tuition (at taxpayers expense) or financial aid (hello California).

A fence nor ID cards will help. It is just how it is.

They will keep coming unless we really do something about it. Romney won't do jack ****.

Old 01-12-2012, 01:31 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I spend more time googling than almost anyone I know. As I have mentioned before but you just can not understand: we all have our own opinions, I believe in National ID cards if that is the only way to control illegals and illegal voting, you don't. That does not make either of us wrong. When are you going to realize just because someone does think the way you do they are not wrong.

NIta
This is not about opinions ... You asked what was wrong with national ID and i answered you. If you already know the arguments against it then why even ask the question to begin with ... ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections