Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 02:38 PM

433 posts, read 460,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Start by finding your local Democratic Party Committee and work at sending out letters to editors, post cards to potential voters and all the other work of campaigning. Campaign for local and state offices, and then do the same for your Democratic Congressional candidates. Then the Presidential campaigns and encourage like minded citizens to do the same.

If we work hard enough we will rid ourselves of these reactionary fools looking to restore a time that never was while kissing the ass of the big money boys.
Sounds like you're a bit confused. How are you going to "rid ourselves of these reactionary fools " by finding your local Democratic Party Committee and work at sending out letters to editors, post cards to potential voters and all the other work of campaigning." thus helping to elect more democrat "reactionary fools"?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2012, 02:41 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,237,274 times
Easy.

Pass a law that requires every elected officials to pass a civic test and has an IQ greater than 100 in order to serve.

All of the Tea Baggers and most of the Republicans will be disqualified.

1,956 posts, read 1,812,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
To name a few:

Budget meltdown/Debt Ceiling stupidity.

O'Donnell's Crusade against masturbation (we need abstinence alone!).

Calling Obama an ENEMY OF HUMANITY.

Shouting "You Lie!" in the midst of a presidential speech.

Palin's Death Panels.

Rabidly opposing global warming, evolution, and science in general.

Doing nothing except praying for the president to fail.

Claiming to speak for liberty, but putting forward the same immoral minority views we've been hearing for decades.
Only the part I highlighted in red is an original Tea Party position and concern. Trust me, the rest of what you mention is just the regular establishment GOP in action. You shouldn't be fully blamed for believing all these are Tea Party positions though, because the lines between Tea Party and GOP has pretty much blurred.

But technically, the original Tea Party is ONLY, and I repeat ONLY for fiscal conservatism - national debt, spending and taxes.

9,982 posts, read 13,765,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanoTex View Post
I have a tip for you; It isn't just your country and the crazies are on your side of the aisle.

How about if you learn to allow others to voice their concerns and support their choice of candidate in a democratic and free manner without trying to censor them just because you disagree with them?

Liberals and censorship- if the others are winning the argument, shut them up!
I don't want to shut them up, just to vote them out!

Old 03-27-2012, 02:44 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzards27 View Post
You're wrong, this is a poll result from Faux on 3/12/12
and this poll came from where? :smack Oh, I see yous say FOX, right? I guess you are going to next claim it was a FOX poll...

Old 03-27-2012, 02:48 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,772,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Easy.

Pass a law that requires every elected officials to pass a civic test and has an IQ greater than 100 in order to serve.

don't know about the Tea Partiers and their IQ, but I can assure you Republicans and Democrats would rate about the same given any basic IQ test. This would hold true for the civics class, but msot do not refer to it as civics anymore. I would think anyone from the so called superior IQ party would know that.

Nita

Old 03-27-2012, 02:54 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,765,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
don't know about the Tea Partiers and their IQ, but I can assure you Republicans and Democrats would rate about the same given any basic IQ test. This would hold true for the civics class, but msot do not refer to it as civics anymore. I would think anyone from the so called superior IQ party would know that.

Nita
I don't think it is low IQ, so much as declining testosterone. Older guys especially, get very rigid in their views with time, and become prone to perpetual grumpiness and fury. My grandpa was like that. Ranting all the time at everyone and not realizing he was a complete hypocrite for the most part. Poor Grandma.

I can relate!

Old 03-27-2012, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Nita

Really? The party of Dan Quayle, GW Bush, Sarah Palin, Rick Perry, Michelle Bachmann, Christine O'Donnell, Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity is claiming to be on equal platform with the opposing party?

In the Democratic Party, Al Gore and his 135 IQ is the dumb one...

Hmm, the party member who wants to argue over what to call a "civic test" is the smart one... Uh eh. Sure.....

Old 03-27-2012, 03:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
I don't think it is low IQ, so much as declining testosterone. Older guys especially, get very rigid in their views with time, and become prone to perpetual grumpiness and fury. My grandpa was like that. Ranting all the time at everyone and not realizing he was a complete hypocrite for the most part. Poor Grandma.

I can relate!

The combination of rigidness and ignorance is a big part of the problem too.

Old 03-27-2012, 03:04 PM

4,042 posts, read 3,530,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
Easy.

*DO IT* so you can be proven wrong by your own actions!! Bring it on....you just described way, too many on the left....these people were allowed to vote, and had an IQ of what, 100 per each five of them?!! *(average IQ in my ultra-conservative family is 'tween 133 and 140, approx.)

Harlem voters - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections