Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 03:03 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sieg View Post
No he isn't. Because not all of the states he won were winner take all. Santorum won Colorado,Missouri and Minnesota but he did not win the majority of the delegates from these states. Same with Nevada and Iowa and Maine and Washington. Santorum I wanted to stay in the race just to slow Romney down enough to force a contested convention but now the republitards will get what they want and they will lose worse than they did in 2008.

If he could have done that, he wouldn't have dropped out....duh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2012, 03:04 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,170,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I care. And I will listen to it again.

That does't say much for you though.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:24 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,366,662 times
Doin' the happy feet dance, although I'll miss him for the entertainment factor.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:33 PM

16,216 posts, read 11,338,692 times
It amazes me to see the most disconnected of the Pavlovian Liberals here gloating over Santorum's withdrawl.

Santorm actually did a great job of exposing the Republican Party's combination "ace in the hole" and captive embarrassment -- the unreconstructable social conservatives who just can't seem to grasp that their ideas are too repressive to ever form a majority around them.

Whether enough of them can coalesce behind Romney to oust Obama isn't that important: (but the prospect of further drift to the left on social issues via additional Obama lackeys on the Supreme Court should scare them into line).

The real central issue in the anti-Democrat vote, however, remains their continued attempt to concentrate power within the Beltway, and at this point, Obama's "coattails" don't seem to be all that long.

Last edited by 2nd trick op; 04-10-2012 at 03:44 PM..

Old 04-10-2012, 03:36 PM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Don't forget that now that Santorum is out, his delegates are going to be released to vote for anyone they choose. Romney will naturally pick up a few, even if only a minority of them. With Romney's large lead this helps his with past delegates and will help him pick up more bound delegates in the future.

Math is simply math. I say Romney can still get to 1144 with bound delegates alone.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:37 PM

9,879 posts, read 8,020,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
Doin' the happy feet dance, although I'll miss him for the entertainment factor.

Happy Feet Dance - YouTube

Old 04-10-2012, 03:41 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,919,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2nd trick op View Post
It amazes me to see the most disconnected of the Pavlovian Liberals here gloating over Santorum's withdrawl.

Santorm actually did a great job of exposing the Republican Party's combination "ace in the hole" and captive embarrassment -- the unreconstructable social conservatives who just can't seem to grasp that their ideas are too repressive to ever form a majority around them.
The best thing for moderates and progressives was for Santorum to stay in the race all the way to the bitter end. He is the personification of everything that people hate about conservatives. You could almost guarantee that he was going to say something straight out of the 16th Century on an almost daily basis.

I have to say that I am not surprised that Santorum took the coward's way out though. He knew that he was going to lose again in Pennsylvania and that it just might be the end of his political career. The fact that he is using his sick child as a prop to hide the truth just shows you what kind of scumbag he really is.

Old 04-10-2012, 03:42 PM

4,100 posts, read 4,517,673 times
Gingrich SURGE!!!

oh, wait...

Old 04-10-2012, 03:47 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Don't forget that now that Santorum is out, his delegates are going to be released to vote for anyone they choose. Romney will naturally pick up a few, even if only a minority of them. With Romney's large lead this helps his with past delegates and will help him pick up more bound delegates in the future.

Math is simply math. I say Romney can still get to 1144 with bound delegates alone.
that's 252 freed delegates.

romney has 645 now, gingrich 128, and paul 45.

it will be interesting to see where they all go.

paul could still be in this, although it is a longshot.

who doesn't root for the underdog, though?

Old 04-10-2012, 03:48 PM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
The best thing for moderates and progressives was for Santorum to stay in the race all the way to the bitter end. He is the personification of everything that people hate about conservatives. You could almost guarantee that he was going to say something straight out of the 16th Century on an almost daily basis.

I have to say that I am not surprised that Santorum took the coward's way out though. He knew that he was going to lose again in Pennsylvania and that it just might be the end of his political career. The fact that he is using his sick child as a prop to hide the truth just shows you what kind of scumbag he really is.
Hi Miss Cleo. While you are busy reading Santorum's mind I was wondering if you could look at your tarot cards and predict the future. Or maybe you could look at your 16th century way of reading egg yolks in water to tell me my future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections